Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 11,914

pntjr

I think that they revealed it too much as a home media player than an actual gaming console. Sure they revealed some games, but I think the reveal was more focused on TV and movies than actual games that people want to play. And what is with the name, Xbox One? It's too confusing. I mean come on, XBOX>XBOX 360>XBOX ONE.............. and don't even get me started on that controller. Is it just me or was that B button a little but too bendy over the side? In the words of the Angry Video Game Nerd: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!??!?!?!?!

I think if they advertise right this console will do well. Mediocre presentation and it made me want to buy a PS4.

PS Microsoft, as soon as your console starts selling badly, just know that EA will leave your donkey.

Edited on by theblackdragon

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

That source is gone, and for good reason. The original Quote only said that it would require a fee to install a game to a second account. They said nothing on the matter of simply popping in the disc and playing it.

Honestly I wouldn't mind this. I have a little cosuin who likes to use my xbox when he comes over and likes to borrow games. I wouldn't mind paying a $15-30 fee to put the game on his account to have forever.

Pictures
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Midnight3DS

The gambling stock money is on Sony today. The Microsoft money chart shows a fizzlish 'meh', They better knock some socks off at E3.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

The_Fox

Like the look of the new console and controller, not terribly thrilled about the name. It would be nice if they had revealed more games but I guess they're saving that for E3.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

StyledFawn476

"Wii U" doesn't seem like such a bad name for a console after all.

StyledFawn476

Nintendo Network ID: StyledFawn476

SCRAPPER392

turtlelink wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

They hardly even revealed anything. There were pretty much no games. I guess E3 is gonna be the day for everyone. I'm going to Best Buy for E3 to play Mario, though. I always see EVERYTHING E3 reveals, but I will go to Best Buy first, then see everything else that happened.

What's happening at Best Buy?

Also: That new xbox looks pretty!

Are you serious? Nintendo is having E3 demos at Best Buy stores across the U.S.
Also, I agree that the Xbox looks nice. It looks like a black NES with a disc drive, camera, and probably weighs 20 times as much.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

The_Fox

Midnight3DS wrote:

Sony's common stock just skyrocketed...

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SNE

And it plummeted when they revealed the PS4, which shows that you really can't put too much stock (pun intended) into it.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

That source is gone, and for good reason. The original Quote only said that it would require a fee to install a game to a second account. They said nothing on the matter of simply popping in the disc and playing it.

Honestly I wouldn't mind this. I have a little cosuin who likes to use my xbox when he comes over and likes to borrow games. I wouldn't mind paying a $15-30 fee to put the game on his account to have forever.

Glad you're up for it, since it turns out I was incorrect and didn't read the quote carefully enough (that's happening to me a lot lately...maybe I need new glasses...). You can't pop in the disc and just play it. You have to install it, and it costs money to install it to a different account (which means my bro and I can't have seperate accounts...).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

OverturePT

The console doesn't look ugly but looks way too big with that also huge "add-on" named Kinect. Way too big.

OverturePT

Midnight3DS

I'll still be looking for anything outside of Halo/Gears/Fable exclusives from Xbox... looking for that unique attention grabber. E3 will be a fun show.

shingi_70

Ideal_Hero wrote:

The box looks itself looks alright, but is the controller as chunky as I think it is?

Looks as large as the Oyua controller which is smaller than the 360 controller.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Glad you're up for it, since it turns out I was incorrect and didn't read the quote carefully enough (that's happening to me a lot lately...maybe I need new glasses...). You can't pop in the disc and just play it. You have to install it, and it costs money to install it to a different account (which means my bro and I can't have seperate accounts...).

Terribad. Again i'm a single gamer so its not a big deal for me.

Apparently there's a roundtable later on the day for press.

WAT!

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Terribad. Again i'm a single gamer so its not a big deal for me.

Apparently there's a roundtable later on the day for press.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

Judging from the way the console looks, I'd say it's 3 times bigger than a Wii U. 2 side by side laying down horizontally, then one Wii U cut in half with those halves stacked on the other 2. If that makes any sense...
I wonder how much of that space is the HDD, and how much space all those component hook ups on the side take up.

Qwest

19Robb92

Untitled

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

Judging from the way the console looks, I'd say it's 3 times bigger than a Wii U. 2 side by side laying down horizontally, then one Wii U cut in half with those halves stacked on the other 2. If that makes any sense...
I wonder how much of that space is the HDD, and how much space all those component hook ups on the side take up.

The powerbrick is in the console which is why its so big. At least theyd esgined around it making it look like a home theatre piece. The wii U ls this weird kind of round Wii off shoot.

WAT!

Midnight3DS

Wii-U is sexy sleek.

SCRAPPER392

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

The powerbrick is in the console which is why its so big. At least theyd esgined around it making it look like a home theatre piece. The wii U ls this weird kind of round Wii off shoot.

Not really. Xbox One actually looks more like 3 black Wii consoles(since they are both boxy) combined and proportioned to shape the Xbox One.
I'm sure it's a powerful machine, but the size of the console makes it look more powerful than it actually is. The powerbrick, HDD, and more component hook ups(which make it seem like it's versatile) being built in give a different sense of how it actually performs.
I think it looks nice, but I also understand the different approach they took compared to Nintendo. Nintendo still has the powerbrick cord, no built in HDD, and also not as many hook ups on the side. There was an HDMI, optical out, component, Kinect, etc. ports onthe back. I can't find a replay video of the reveal, but they put alot of things into the console that require cords, or make the console easier to hook up to older devices.
This is basing what we can expect from the new consoles overall, including the Wii U. The Wii U could easily be identitied as an Xbox One without all the extra hook ups in other words.

Qwest

Happy_Mask

Heh. It looks like a genesis with kinect on it. Also, people mocked the WiiU's name choice. Ha.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic