Forums

Topic: Xbox 720 document leak reveals $299 console with Kinect 2 for 2013, Kinect Glasses project

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

shingi_70

http://www.scribd.com/doc/92821757/XBox-720-9-24-Checkpoint-D...
Untitled

The document itself is from 2010 so its cool to see the things on 360 side that have already happened as well as the the things that have been pushed Back.

The biggest thing it confirmed that Microsoft is aggressive targeting the 720 to be a cable box and dvr and the cable features on the 360 (comcast,uverse,fios) was just to get the partnerships in place.

It also has a piece detailing the usurer of kinect 2.0 whig are similar to the first conspectus video shown when it was called project Natal.
Its playing up major interaction between windows phone, windows 8, and next gen xbox. This has been shown in concept within xbox with a few xbox xbla having cross platform saves and stats with the windows phone counterpart. (Sonic episoide II, fusion genesis, crackdown, fable). As well as A few xbla games have a xbox as well as windows 8 interaction. As well as skulls of the shogon wi have a release on xbox 360, windows phone, and windows 8.
A document from 2010 talking about the concept of smartglass and using other devices (phones and tablets) in the game you have currently.  The slide uses a madden as an example which was also shown as Microsoft E3 press conference last week. As well as all Microsoft games studios will have some sort of smartglass interaction.

It alsotalks about 2 forms of cloud interaction. One is cloud gaming such as found on a service such as onlive and cloud saves which the xbox 360 already has a form of that. The 2nd is using the cloud to transfer data such as videos and saves among your devices. This adds up to say starting a video on my xbox and then leaving the house and finsihing it on my tablet. As well as say taking data from one place to another and sharing it between multiple devices. Microsoft has shown this possible with iin the first case with the xbox but only with its other products in the 2nd case.

Another thing of note is the idea of an instant on conosle thats almost always on. This goes with the idea that the 720 will be running a version of winRT which has a boot time of around 7 seconds.

Also we see something I've personally wanting on a console which is the Multitasking between apps. And they give an example of say playing gears of war with a sports ticker on the bottom. My thing id playing music from apps in the background while I play games as well.

So your thoughts and how this compares to what we know currently of the wii u?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Forgot to talk about the new teired versions of xbox live. While that hasn't happened yet kn the time frmae the books give it still could at a later date. There was a rumored diamond/Platnium edition last year that didn't pan out. But now that zune music is gone in favor of xbox music that leaves there some cost of what needs to be filled. I could see silver members getting online play, gold members getting that, apps, and deals. And a new $100 twit would include all that as well a sub yo Microsoft xbox music service.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

6ch6ris6

i just care about the games lol

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

CanisWolfred

The fact that it's still up makes me believe it's fake. This is far too detailed for a leak, and if it's true, Microsoft should've taken it down immediately.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Mickeymac wrote:

The fact that it's still up makes me believe it's fake. This is far too detailed for a leak, and if it's true, Microsoft should've taken it down immediately.

Dude Microsoft is the king of leaks. I mean pocketnow got a hold of a video leaking stuff from windows phone Apollo and it didn't get taken down. That and a few sources big in the Microsoft leak community such as tom Warren are avouching for it saying its similar to other stuff he's seen. I'm waiting for Paul Thruott to comment t on it but the documentation is actually talking about a lot of stuff thats happening or has been know. To be inside the pipeline.

But then again this is the Internet.

WAT!

shingi_70

That's what I was thinking. Its like the Durango tweet that was taken down in march. It was heavily rumored that ryse had been turned into a next ge. Xbox game made by crytechs main team and Durango was a code name. Someone from crytech braised nda the week of gecko saying the duranto event was cool. An hour later the twitter account is gone as well as his linked in page no longer saying crytech. Even though he broke nra the twitter and firing him just confirmed what was then rumored.

WAT!

SonyFACE

I really don't know what to make of it. There's a small chance it could be true, but I wouldn't bet anything. The thing that gets me with what is now called smartglass was that tablets were only just becoming "in" again. I also think if it was to release next year, they might have at least hinted a tiny little bit about it at this year's E3.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

shingi_70

Xbox 360 and windows phone were both first showedthe same year as they cameout. That and they are afarid that annoucing it now will hurt 360 sales this holiday season. I'm going with announced at the vgas, a small event during gdc, full unviel at e3.

WAT!

shingi_70

So the document was revmoved. I have a hard copy though I downloaded

WAT!

Mandoble

Even if tech details are not final, the unification of PC/Console/Mobile/Tablet under Windows 8 will be a fact next year. And this is what puts Nintendo and Sony in a pretty weak position as devs will be much more proficient developing for MS. Even the Apple egemony for mobiles might be in risk with an army of multiplatform apps during next 10 years. I mean real multiplatform apps, buy once and use it on your PC, tablet, smartphone and console. I cannot see any of the others being able to compete against this.

Mandoble

ReleaseTheBears

Mandoble wrote:

I mean real multiplatform apps, buy once and use it on your PC, tablet, smartphone and console. I cannot see any of the others being able to compete against this.

Not sure anyone's really asking for everything to be available on everything.

ReleaseTheBears

shingi_70

ReleaseTheBears wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

I mean real multiplatform apps, buy once and use it on your PC, tablet, smartphone and console. I cannot see any of the others being able to compete against this.

[/div]

Not sure anyone's really asking for everything to be available on everything.

But thats where things are going. At last weeks windows phone event microsoft shared that windows 8 and windkws phone 8 would be using the same kernal.

Untitled

Which means

The biggest change in Windows Phone 8 is Microsoft's transition to the NT kernel and related operating system elements — defined as the Windows Core. Steve Ballmer and company have been hinting at the change for months, but Microsoft is detailing this fully today. Windows Phone 8 will share the same kernel, file system, media foundation, device drivers, and parts of the security model from Windows 8. While this might seem like overkill for a phone operating system, the core elements of the Windows NT architecture will allow Windows Phone 8 to support multi-core processors, device encryption, removable storage with microSD cards, and a whole host of improvements for IT pros and businesses.

Developers will also benefit from a shared Windows Core in Windows Phone 8. Rather than taking advantage of the .NET Compact Framework in Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 8 moves to a Core CLR which will allow managed code to run in a manner identical to how it runs on desktop Windows, with improved performance benefits and shared components for developers to leverage across desktop and phone apps. Despite this change, all 100,000 existing Windows Phone apps will continue to run on Windows Phone 8. "We architected Windows Phone 8 in a way to drive full application compatibility so that every existing application will continue to run," says Microsoft's Larry Lieberman. Developers will get access to new tools and an updated SDK later this summer that are based on Visual Studio 2012 — supporting apps for both Windows Phone and Windows Phone 8.

"Developers will be able to leverage one codebase to drive an application," says Lieberman. "They can use one code base to build applications that will run across Windows Phone and Windows 8 devices." The changes also mean that developers can use native C and C++ libraries, alongside SQLite and Direct X support. "This means is that it's going to be radically simpler for games studios to port their games to Windows Phone," explains Lieberman. "Developers will be able to build games for Windows and Windows Phone at the same time."

It wouldnt be surpsing if the next xbox also shares this core. Not only would this alllow xbla games to be ported between the three but writing applications for all three. Whilethings like app writing and smartglass are limited for tbe 360 there is a good chance its going to be more open next gen.

WAT!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.