Forums

Topic: Xbox 720 always online? Creative Director makes Twitter posts on this?

Posts 1 to 20 of 37

Gamer83

If this is true it's a piss poor decision.

Gamer83

Peach64

I kind of agree. My 360 has been connected to the Internet every second it's been on for the last 7 years, and the same for my Wii for 6 years. My computers, phones, tablets and handhelds... they're always connected too. I don't get the fuss. I don't live in a big city, I don't even live in a big town but I can only remember my Internet going down once in over 15 years, and that was at about 11pm and it was working again in the morning. The power goes out a lot more and even that's rare.

Peach64

6ch6ris6

well not everyon is living in a big city or has such a good internet connection. i always get some problems from time to time so i would be pissed if i can't play a singleplayer game at home just because the interwebs is down.
why do we need online connectivity?

let's go, mega64: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlL09nriFfk

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

TsunamiSensei

rolls in xbox 720s
I'm a bad decision barroth! GWAAAARRR!

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Kaeobais

But not everyone is so fortunate. I know my internet likes to drop on occasion. And what if, for some reason, you have to go without internet for a while? Say you just moved or something, I don't know, well then your Xbox will be unusable too. It's pointless. What are the advantages of "always on"? Nothing important. The disadvantages? Being kicked off of your console because your internet went down for a second.

Of course, we don't know that this is the case, and even if they do have "always on", there's no reason to believe your console will be useless when not connected.

That said, this guy was acting like a snob. I'm getting pretty sick of seeing people act like pricks in the gaming industry.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

MAB

Because Microsoft's master plan for the human race has always been to connect to your souls and drain our worthless lives away

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by MAB

MAB

19Robb92

He's acting very silly. This was pretty funny though:
Untitled

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

6ch6ris6

19Robb92 wrote:

He's acting very silly. This was pretty funny though:
Untitled

is that real?
if yes. pretty awesome.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

pikku

Kaeobais wrote:

That said, this guy was acting like a snob. I'm getting pretty sick of seeing people act like pricks in the gaming industry.

This. >_>

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Tasuki

I will just say what I said over at the Xbox site forums.

This rumor has been going around for awhile and I will say the same thing that I said than.

The fact that alot of people dont have online in their homes yet even in the US would hurt them sales wise. Heck I have a co-worker that doesn't have internet in his home yet the Xbox 360 is his favorite console. And then there is people who cant get internet cause where the live even if they want to so what are you going to exclude them.

Honestly IMO opinion if the 720 or whatever it is you want to call it does make it so you have to be online then I will probably opt for the PS4.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RancidVomit86

Eh I take it with a grain of salt till I actually hear official confirmation.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

DePapier

I can perceive the threat of this rumor, but as @Peach64 pointed out earlier, my PC is always connected to the Internet, so is my 3DS when I'm home, and so is my Wii U (though they do disconnect from time to time). Can somebody please explain me the details of that "always on" rumor and what are its true dangers to future Xbox720 owners?

dartmonkey

The danger: if your internet goes down you're stuck without games. Also, if MS's servers go down, you're stuck without games. This OR the 2nd-hand lockout being true makes PS4 preferable. This AND 2nd-hand lockout means adios Xbox. If they go ahead with it like this they're surely throwing the generation away.

dartmonkey

Twitter:

Ralizah

Peach64 wrote:

I kind of agree. My 360 has been connected to the Internet every second it's been on for the last 7 years, and the same for my Wii for 6 years. My computers, phones, tablets and handhelds... they're always connected too. I don't get the fuss. I don't live in a big city, I don't even live in a big town but I can only remember my Internet going down once in over 15 years, and that was at about 11pm and it was working again in the morning. The power goes out a lot more and even that's rare.

News report: many, many people live in areas without access to decent internet. Many, including my family, have to rely on satellite internet with data limits.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tasuki

DePapier wrote:

I can perceive the threat of this rumor, but as @Peach64 pointed out earlier, my PC is always connected to the Internet, so is my 3DS when I'm home, and so is my Wii U (though they do disconnect from time to time). Can somebody please explain me the details of that "always on" rumor and what are its true dangers to future Xbox720 owners?

Well for one what if you dont have a reliable internet source or have a data limit plan like satellite internet does. If you always have to be on the internet to even play non online games you would be screwed. Its not like now that if you dont have an internet connection you can still play offline. For example I can go right now unhook my Xbox 360 from the internet and still be able to play Borderlands for example on disc. See where the problem could be for future owners?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RancidVomit86

I will only buy a new console if it has a a toaster oven and mini fridge built in. Nintendo has failed to this, Sony has not even hinted at it, so I'm looking at you Microsoft.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

JustAnotherUser

Ah yes, I remember not being able to play my Nintendo 64 yesterday because the servers required for it to work were stopped..
Oh wait, no I don't.

JustAnotherUser

SCRAPPER392

My internet is good enough with no drops EVER, and those hotspots work pretty well I hear. The 4g satellite hotspots can work just as good as my internet, and you can take it anywhere. Really, everyone who is thinking of getting internet, can, unless you don't have either of those options or the hotspot is more expensive.
Either way, that would be a poor decision IMO, but I doubt it's true.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

I love watching important people in major corporations acting like 15 year olds in a youtube comment debate. Honestly he would have gotten bonus points if he had actually posted the deal with it gif since it would have been more INTENTIONALLY hilarious.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.