Forums

Topic: Xbox 720

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

Tornado_Man

Do you think we will see a new console from microsoft this year I would love to have backwards compatibility to xbox (Original) games and 360 games without RROD. Plus it has been out for 5 years now

Edited on by Tornado_Man

Tornado_Man

Chucko

I don`t care what they make, just don`t ship it with faulty hardware.(RROD)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

HolyMackerel

Project Natal says no.

I also don't think there will be backwards compatibility with the old Xbox either. It wasn't anywhere near as popular as the 360.

HolyMackerel

CanisWolfred

Tornado+Man wrote:

Plus it has been out for 5 years now

And the thing still has plenty of years on it. Plus, as someone mentioned, with Natal coming out, Microsoft has to support the 360 for at least a couple more years. Who's gonna buy Natal, or even a 360+Natal, if it turns out that a brand new system is right around the corner?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

sykotek

@Tornado Man: It probably won't be backwards compatible to the old Xbox since they're shutting down their original Xbox servers today.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Sean007s

New Console this year?.....Hell to the no.
I guarantee you that in 2012-2013 we will see the next gen.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

V8_Ninja

I would be surprised if we even got a hint of a new console this year. I'm guessing that the next console generation will come around in 2012 (as in the consoles are actually released in 2012). I guess we just have to live with what we got......or go get a gaming computer.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Infernape1000

Not anytime soon.

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

y2josh

PS3 and XBOX 360 are both companies last consoles. Each respective company knows the world ends December 2012 and they have called it quits.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Slapshot

y2josh wrote:

PS3 and XBOX 360 are both companies last consoles. Each respective company knows the world ends December 2012 and they have called it quits.

LMAO over that one Josh..... lol

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

LzWinky

HolyMackerel wrote:

Project Natal says no.

I also don't think there will be backwards compatibility with the old Xbox either. It wasn't anywhere near as popular as the 360.

Microsoft says no

According to them, Xbox 360 is gonna be around for about five more years

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

turtlelink wrote:

Free internet would be great

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, you're funny

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JebbyDeringer

Why do so many people think it will be called the Xbox 720? It will be the Xbox 362!

JebbyDeringer

Ravage

y2josh wrote:

There you are wrong, it ends the day Microsoft's new system launches. It is going to be called skynet.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

HolyMackerel

Ever thought about why they called it the Xbox 360 instead of the Xbox 2? It seems like they were worried people would look down on it since the Playstation was going into its third iteration, and the Xbox was only going into its second. The "360" at least starts with a 3, you see. I think MS were a little lacking in confidence at the time thanks to the original Xbox's bad performance on the market.

I've never been a fan of consoles being named as sequels anyway. When I first heard the name "Playstation 2", I balked. I was so used to creative names like Sega Saturn or N64 or the Dreamcast.

HolyMackerel

Phobos

Gosh, a new console this year? Very unlikely. I'd say the Xbox 360 will probably be around the Earth's surface for about 2 - 3 years more. Although something called a 720? Crikey, if it's ever gonna live up to that name, set your hopes around 2015.

My 3DS Blog | YouTube Channel
CUAF - Administrator/Chef/Logo Creator

SMEXAIZELDAMAN's Official Undercover Assassin

the_shpydar

I'll bet the name for the next console is more like "XBox Xenon" or something, rather than another number. They'll surely keep the "XBox" part of the name, as they've worked hard to establish that as a brand-term.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.