Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox 360 or PS3 ?

Showing 41 to 60 of 94

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

41. Posted:

but teh cell! :D

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

DarkG

42. Posted:

and teh Blu-Ray! LOL
You made me remember a moron I saw the other day, that bought a PS3 just because it had Blu.Ray and so it had HD graphics no other console could (typical sony fanboy BS)... funniest thing is, when the salesman asked what kind of TV he had he said a 21" CRT, I was laughing so hard at the poor moron, and the guy in charge of the videogame section was so happy to see their first PS3 sale since launch (this was around July 2007)

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

43. Posted:

if it happened in July 2007, that's not exactly 'the other day'... :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

y2josh

44. Posted:

It's no use tbd :)

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

45. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Even if he doesn't play online, at least he can share games amongst them. Why are you limiting yourself to "online"?

If there's not games he likes it doesn't matter.

You're missing the whole point. The TC needs to see what lineup he likes more and go of of that.

Saying 'Oh I'll buy this console so I can share these three games I want to play with my friends' is just silly when the other console has much much more.

How often do you actually lend games to your friends, anyway? Maybe I just know people that are well off but if one of us likes a game, we just buy it. We don't go nagging each other.

Magi wrote:

Are you saying that you are one of the few here that has friends? Or are you saying that you are one of the few here that has enough friends who play PS3? Or both? I don't sprekenzie the lingidy.

Key word there was 'enough'

The consensus of the thread is that if you have any friends at all, buy a 360 because they'll have them too.

Luckily I have 360 friends and PS3 friends. Looking at this thread, I seem to be one of the few.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Axoloth

46. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

I never said that graphics were the most important... in fact, that ugly anti-ergonomic PS controller is a main reason not to buy a PS3, and a not-as-good online is also a reason...

I think you misspelled "Xbox 360 controller". I mean, seriously, have you even seen the thing? For some reason Microsoft thought it would be funny to let the A and X buttons switch places with the B and Y buttons respectively. And having the left analog stick that much higher up than the right one just feels unnatural when playing games that require you to use the right analog stick regularly, though I suppose that is more a force of habit. It doesn't change the fact (I would say opinion, but it doesn't seem like you understand the word) that the Xbox controllers are ugly as heck though.

@TC: I think you should look at exclusives and price, and then make your choice. God forbid you choose your console based on the controller.

Oh, and for the record; I don't know anyone besides my brother that has a Xbox 360. All my friends who have a video game console has either a Wii or a PS3, or both. I'm weird that way.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the conversation

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

47. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

Axoloth wrote:

I never said that graphics were the most important... in fact, that ugly anti-ergonomic PS controller is a main reason not to buy a PS3, and a not-as-good online is also a reason...

I think you misspelled "Xbox 360 controller". I mean, seriously, have you even seen the thing? For some reason Microsoft thought it would be funny to let the A and X buttons switch places with the B and Y buttons respectively. And having the left analog stick that much higher up than the right one just feels unnatural when playing games that require you to use the right analog stick regularly, though I suppose that is more a force of habit. It doesn't change the fact (I would say opinion, but it doesn't seem like you understand the word) that the Xbox controllers are ugly as heck though.

The 360 controller is the second best controller ever. Only beat out by the GameCube, and the controllers are similar. The Dualshock controller is pretty bad.

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

AuthorMessage

Sushie

48. Posted:

Well, I am RATHER impressed with the total lack of fanboy enthusiasm in this thread. I would suggest buying whichever system has more games you are interested in playing, or features that you forsee yourself using. I haven't bought either, because I'm waiting to see which system will be carrying future Megaten games.

A Fool and his Wii Points are easily parted.

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

49. Posted:

I sure hope everyone realizes there is no way of differentiating between which controller is factually 'better'

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Ravage

50. Posted:

Sushie wrote:

Well, I am RATHER impressed with the total lack of fanboy enthusiasm in this thread. I would suggest buying whichever system has more games you are interested in playing, or features that you forsee yourself using. I haven't bought either, because I'm waiting to see which system will be carrying future Megaten games.

Wait, what? Lack of fanboy enthusiasm?

Anyway, it would help if you could tell us more about your budget or if cost plays into it (almost always does).
@DarkG: The reason the PS3 has a less powerful GPU is because the system was not originally intended to even have one. I believe Uncharted 2 is the first to lean much more heavily on the processor to do the graphics. If utilized properly, it has a much higher potential for AA than 360 or any PC currently on the market.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

DarkG

51. Posted:

PS3 games don't use AA... they use either some kind of blur or similar tricks to try and make it look like it's using Anti-Aliasing...

Nad i doubt it can beat any PC... my PC can do 32x Anti-Aliasing on all games (except Crysis, only 4x there, 8x in Warhead and Far Cry 2)... and since the PS3 can barely pull 2x on sub-HD games, well, at best it will equal the 360's worst games with 2x AA at HD resolutions...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage

Strofan7

52. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

the first Gears of War looks a lot better than Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2... as with most PS3 games, they have low-res textures, lack anti-aliasing, blurryness, etc.

this comment alone should discredit anything he says in this debate

I chose the PS3 for 4 reasons:

1. I hate subscription fees
2. I like the game selection better (uncharted, gran turismo, little big planet are the big ones for me)
3. I still play a lot of my PS2 games (note: only the 60GB and 80GB models are backwards compatible)
4. I was interested in a blu-ray player eventually

Despite what DarkG says in every post he makes, the PS3 and 360 have comparable graphics which vary by game on which console is better, Uncharted 2 is beautiful and this is blatantly obvious to anyone who lays eyes on it.

This console war is all about taste, don't ask for peoples opinions here as they will be skewed, look at the exclusives that are listed and see which ones interest you the most, then look at what additional items you would need to purchase to get what you want out of the console (maybe wireless for 360, maybe headset for ps3) and how much additional cost that would add on, then maybe check your friends you would most like to play with online if you need a tiebreaker.

Twitter-Strofan7PSN-Strofan7

AuthorMessage

Rhansley64

53. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Rhansley64 wrote:

90% of Xbox 360 and PS3 games are on PC

No, they aren't.

Yes they are in fact back track your catalog you will see them also on PC.

Rhansley64

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4690-1695 | Nintendo Network ID: Rhansley64 | Twitter: Rhansley64

AuthorMessage

MetalMario

54. Posted:

Well, I'll say 360, but I want both.

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

55. Posted:

Rhansley64 wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Rhansley64 wrote:

No, they aren't.

Some of them? Yes, they are. 90%? Hell no. Probably not even 50%.

The Game.

AuthorMessage

Rhansley64

56. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Rhansley64 wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Rhansley64 wrote:

No, they aren't.

Are you sure? I mean I've seen almost every FPS game on Both system ported to PC, i have seen Console exclusive like HALO 2 and Viva Pinata get PC port from Microsoft (Viva Pinata even got a DS port), I heard that PlayStation Network will be available on Sony Viao aka a Laptop from sony aka a PC

Just to clear things i only focused on select title based on what i heard in other words i can't really say since i haven't done any research plus i only said 90% based on a article i fond on the internet.

Rhansley64

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4690-1695 | Nintendo Network ID: Rhansley64 | Twitter: Rhansley64

AuthorMessage

Bankai

57. Posted:

DarkG - The Wii is better than the Xbox360 with 1/1000000000th of the power, so your rather hysterical argument about why the PS3 is worse holds no weight whatsoever. Power means nothing. The PS3 games are pretty enough. You can enjoy playing the games.

Here's some seriously good protips for anyone looking to buy a console. I do warn you, the following suggestions are logical and completely free of ridiculous fanboyisms:

1) Get a current list of the games on offer on each console. Do a bit of research on the ones that interest you - read the reviews.

2) The console that has the more interesting games to you... buy.

Wow. That was totally not hard work. Using that logic (and yes, it's logic) led me to buy a DS/ DSi first (which I love), Wii second (which I love), and I'll be getting a PS3 this year when I get around to getting a large screen TV.

Not because it's "got good graphics!111!1!" or any other technical achievements, but because the games appeal to me more than the Xbox 360 games, and I personally prefer the Sony controller. The Blu Ray player in built is a bonus.

But yes, I bought the Wii first. Graphics and technical power is just so important, right?

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

58. Posted:

Rhansley64 wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Rhansley64 wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Rhansley64 wrote:

No, they aren't.

Are you sure? I mean I've seen almost every FPS game on Both system ported to PC, i have seen Console exclusive like HALO 2 and Viva Pinata get PC port from Microsoft (Viva Pinata even got a DS port), I heard that PlayStation Network will be available on Sony Viao aka a Laptop from sony aka a PC

Just to clear things i only focused on select title based on what i heard in other words i can't really say since i haven't done any research plus i only said 90% based on a article i fond on the internet.

Then Do us, and yourself, all a favor and don't make up numbers. :P At the very least you could try doing some actual research before throwing numbers out there.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Sean007s

59. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Even thought I might get into PC gaming (Unlikely), I would go with the Playstation 3. There are numerous reasons why. Go to BlackBusterCritics and see his Playstation 3 owns Xbox 360 playlist.

Hell yes!
March 2010 for PS3 is gonna rock the world upside down.
E3 is set for Sony as they unveil Resisitence 3,Killzone 3 and InFamous 2.....yes trust me,we will see atleast two sequels.
God Of War 3 is gonna be brillant! Heavy Rain will be unique and amazing,i've already seen lots of people on Kotaku and Destructoid are waiting for it!
I hope we see a new Moterstorm....oh god....i love that game and the Demo's graphics look better than most 360 games even today! Check it out!
The free online and new PSN coming this year! The low price tag to justify the purchase! (i never thought i'd ever own a PS3 but now Sony has made it come true)

Sorry...i just freaking love the PS3,it actually healed my Depression and has kept me happy over the months!
My mate has one now and he sold his 360. Trust me...you will not regret the PS3.

Edited on by Sean007s

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

AuthorMessage

M00se

60. Posted:

man darkg really hates the ps3? maybe cause xbobx doesnt have the great games ps3 has. and uncharted 2 has better graphics than gears. way better. ive seen both on HD and u2 looks better. DarkG should be banned from any ps3 related post.

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

Sorry, this topic has been locked.