Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox 360 or PS3 ?

Showing 21 to 40 of 94

AuthorMessage

DarkG

21. Posted:

but the ones I listed are exclusives too lol

and the graphics are superior on 360... I took the time to download and play all the demos of PS3 games last year and none of them had good graphics... all of them had either blurry or pixelated textures and lack of AA...2x AA is standard for all 360 games, and I've never seen such low res textures on any 360 game... and I'm using the same TV and HDMI cable for both consoles (since the Sony-brand one that came with the PS3 stopped working and I dunno why)

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage

Firkraag

22. Posted:

I'm getting a ps3 soon, mainly for the PS1 classics available on the PSN. I sold my PS2 a few years ago, with the complete final fantasy collection 4-10/2+Tactics. And I'm itching to play some of them again, also suikoden is available for download :)

I'm not too impressed by the systems own games tho, probably only getting NHL, Madden, MGS4,GoW HD remix and SSF4... I heard some great things about Uncharted, but I'm more into tomb raider tbh, I tried Uncharted 1 for a bit at a friends place and I wasn't impressed, too much gunplay and not enough puzzles.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

AuthorMessage

DarkG

23. Posted:

oh and don't forget Project Natal and Game Room, coming out this year... as well as Modern Warfare 2 DLC being available exclusively first on Xbox 360, exclusive characters for Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, 2 exclusive GTA games, etc.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

24. Posted:

Little Big Planet
Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank Future Quest for Booty
Ratchet and Clank Future A Crack in Time
Wipeout HD Fury
Warhawk
Blazeblue Calamity Trigger
Critter Crunch
Flower
Valkria Chronicles
Shatter
Pixeljunk Shooter
Pixeljunk Monsters
Super Stardust HD
Trine
Everyday Shooter
Gran Turismo
Motorstorm
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
and on and on.........
Lots of games that are rated Teen and under on the PS3 that all are all highly rated. Most of these games can be found for less than twenty dollars USD.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Magi

25. Posted:

As has been said, get the one that most of your friends have already. I prefer the 360 personally, partly because it has more of the games I like and partly because no one I know (or no one I want to play with) has a PS3.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

ToadFan

26. Posted:

Thanks everyone ! I will check on my friends if they have 360 or PS3 . I'll come back soon tomorrow with news .

ToadFan

AuthorMessage

Firkraag

27. Posted:

Untitled

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

AuthorMessage

Ravage

28. Posted:

Firkraag wrote:

Picture ^^

The unfortunate part about PC is that sometimes they just don't work or you get completely shafted for their more popular console counterparts.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

DarkG

29. Posted:

lol, amazing how much that chart is still true, except maybe for the first IF clause lol

AuthorMessage

Rhansley64

30. Posted:

90% of Xbox 360 and PS3 games are on PC so PC's my choice but if you had to choose 360 and PS3 well depends who has your choice as exclusive:

Mine are mostly depends on RPG titles.

360 Highlights:
Third Party:
Xbox 360: Has More Third party exclusive (however 2009 that changed don't know if 2010 will be the same) Key Reason:

There are More RPG's on 360 then PS3 (in fact all the Square Enix New IP's are on 360 as console exclusive infinite undiscovery and Project Sylpheed just to name a few.

First Party:
Well there's a lot of Online users so Multiplayer is strong on that platform for games like Halo 3 and Forza 3 plus there's Mistwalker studio backing Microsoft up (aka the father of Final Fantasy).

PS3 Highlights:
Third Party: Despite lack of exclusive and PS3 get some as a year late (Bioshock and Star Ocean 4) they still comes with exclusive DLC for the PS3 version like Tales of Vesparia did.

First Party: PS3 has more First Party Exclusive then 360 from my point of view anyway.

Conclusion: Both are Mixed reaction cause one has all the third party and DLC but lacked first party games plus RROD while the other one has the least third party but more First Party games then the other while of the two only early PS3 have Hardware problem aka YLOD but besides that PS3 slim has no at least so far no hardware problem. (Wii has no overheating or any hardware problems just to let you know)

In the End i would choose 360 (IF i can't choose PC) by two reason One just because it has a hardware problem doesn't mean it's fixable i mean it does have a 3 year warrently (plus even do it's a short number Sony doesn't have a warrenty for their hardware failure so i was told so if i'm wrong scrap the first reason and the second is just a single reason), second RARE as in the Video Game Developer that made Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, Killer Instinct and Viva Pinata (My former second favorite company).

Rhansley64

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4690-1695 | Nintendo Network ID: Rhansley64 | Twitter: Rhansley64

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

31. Posted:

Everyone keeps saying friends, friends, friends.

Where did the TC say he was an online gamer? Oh, he didn't?

Then it's just games. Look at the games and make the decision for yourself. I greatly prefer the PS3's lineup so I went with that and I'm happy. (And apparently I'm one of the few that has enough friends, that I even know a few people with PS3's too! Lucky me!)

DarkG wrote:

I took the time to download and play all the demos of PS3 games last year and none of them had good graphics

Oh lord

See the problems with threads like these is you get responses like these.

I'd never make any decision affecting my finances on a site like this. lol

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Bankai

32. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Oh lord

See the problems with threads like these is you get responses like these.

I'd never make any decision affecting my finances on a site like this. lol

It's pretty easy to tell when someone has an opinion that isn't worth considering when making a decision, though. There are some helpful, rational folks here (quite a few), than can provide a balanced opinion.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Ravage

33. Posted:

A couple things to note about the 360:

• if you need wireless, it will cost you about $100 extra
  • subscription of about $40-$50 for a year of playing games online
    So called hidden fees which may effect you.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

DarkG

34. Posted:

actually, if you need wireless N, it will cost you $100 on Xbox 360, and won't be available on PS3...

if you need normal Wi-Fi, you could probably do with a LAN cable, or the $80 adapter.... or a $50 router...

Xbox LIVE Gold is between $29.99 and $49.99 a year depending on where and when you buy it... and if you buy stuff from the Marketplace and use the extra features that Silvers don't have, is more than worth it

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

35. Posted:

Rhansley64 wrote:

90% of Xbox 360 and PS3 games are on PC

No, they aren't.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

Magi

36. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Everyone keeps saying friends, friends, friends. Where did the TC say he was an online gamer? Oh, he didn't?

Even if he doesn't play online, at least he can share games amongst them. Why are you limiting yourself to "online"?

AlexSays wrote:

And apparently I'm one of the few that has enough friends, that I even know a few people with PS3's too! Lucky me!)

Are you saying that you are one of the few here that has friends? Or are you saying that you are one of the few here that has enough friends who play PS3? Or both? I don't sprekenzie the lingidy.

@ OP: Nevertheless, I think all of us may be a little partial and some just "special" in our own little ways so getting an unbiased opinion from us is difficult and to be honest, we have no idea what your interests are.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Luigi-La-Bouncy

37. Posted:

Honestly I'm not sure it really matters which you choose, they are both amazing consoles. I chose PS3 because I'm sensitive to the idea of consoles dying, do I chose, statistically, the more reliable console.

For the games, the ps3 exclusives are brilliant and some my favourite games of all time, like MGS4 and Unchartered 2. But on the other hand a lot of the cross platform games are better on xbox, look at Bayonetta for example,.

Luigi-La-Bouncy

AuthorMessage

Sean007s

38. Posted:

PS3 without a doubt!
Seriously get one,you won't regret it!
If you do,add me on PSN! :)

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

AuthorMessage

Sean007s

39. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

but the ones I listed are exclusives too lol

and the graphics are superior on 360... I took the time to download and play all the demos of PS3 games last year and none of them had good graphics... all of them had either blurry or pixelated textures and lack of AA...2x AA is standard for all 360 games, and I've never seen such low res textures on any 360 game... and I'm using the same TV and HDMI cable for both consoles (since the Sony-brand one that came with the PS3 stopped working and I dunno why)

Hey,i never knew we played games for graphics....oh dear.....

Xbox360 is more powerful?
Really? How much MORE poweful?
So....please...PLEASE...tell me a game that on 360 looks better than Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2.
Because i have seen alot of Xbox360 games and exclsuives....not one looks better than even killzone 2.

Yes because we all buy games if they look good or not.
Oh and this also means every console upto the PS3 and 360 now sucks ass because the graphics. Well thats what your saying.
Oh and wireless N? you mean that 360 adaptor that costs $100?....no im dead serious $100 just to connect...WIRELESS...something in the PS3 and even Wii.

Edited on by Sean007s

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

AuthorMessage

DarkG

40. Posted:

the first Gears of War looks a lot better than Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2... as with most PS3 games, they have low-res textures, lack anti-aliasing, blurryness, etc.

How much more powerful? let's see... twice the RAM, better GPU and faster internal bus... overall, the Xbox 360 can do stuff the PS3 can't and you can see it on multiplats... the amount of effects the PS3 can do isn't nearly as good and varied as the Xbox 360... the most notorious one? ANTI-ALIASING, while the Xbox 360 essentially enjoy free 2x anti-aliasing, the PS3 has to run on lower resolutions just to achieve a similar effect, or blur everything so that it isn't noticeable...

I never said that graphics were the most important... in fact, that ugly anti-ergonomic PS controller is a main reason not to buy a PS3, and a not-as-good online is also a reason...

Wii and PS3 DON'T have Wireless N adapters, and don't have any official adapters announced either to support that (Wireless G is not fast enough to stream HD content for example). They also lack Wireless A adapters, and have no way to connect to A networks... for normal speeds, A networks are more reliable than B or G networks because they have less interference...

You can add Wireless A/B/G connectivity to the Xbox 360 for $80 or less, or add A/B/G/N connectivity for $100 or less, that is IF you need it, cause if you only have a B or G network, then I'm 100% sure you are within a range close enough that LAN cable would be cheaper and better, remember WIRED is a lot more reliable than Wireless... always avoid wireless unless it is completely necessary.

And I looked, you can't add A and N connectivity to the Wii or PS3 through authorized adapters... you can connect them to a wireless N rounter but that's just as expensive as the 360's official adapter... and lacks the support of the console manufacturer...

Don't decide over the connectivity, cause PS3 and Wii aren't kings of online speed and performance either, they are actually quite lacking on both aspects (even the PSP outperforms the PS3 online-related)

Edited on by DarkG

Sorry, this topic has been locked.