Forums

Topic: XBox 360 Kinect -- will Wii 2 use something similar?

Posts 1 to 20 of 27

miletich3

I suppose the Nintendo Wii 2 will have a feature such as that and rival Kinect, don't you?

Edited on by theblackdragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NShgvtEro7I

LEGEND_MARIOID

The Kinect's tech is of course very interesting but it seems to have been rushed out and it does have its grave flaws at the moment tbh. No real stand out games on it. Microsoft merely seem to treat it asa side dish to its interactive cinema games on the standard, isolationist xbox IMHO. I actually think the next Wii console will have wiimotionplus as standard, MAY have an enhanced game tablet as standard (may do some kind of deal with ubisoft?), be more powerful, and will have one more extra gimmick...but what????

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

retired_account

I'm hoping they use some sort of camera to keep the remote constantly calibrated, and ideally include it in the IR sensor. IE, it could perform regular checks to see if you've moved, and check where your remote is relative to your body and stuff.

i really hate calibrating stuff >_>

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

i really hope not. i don't have the living room space for it.

Same here if they do do that I would have to pass on it which would be a shame but I cant get a bigger living room lol.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JebbyDeringer

The Japanese have limited space so I'm sure the Kinect idea is not happening. Nintendo like to do their own thing so I'm sure they are working on something new or stick with what they have. I wouldn't doubt they just use a similar control system for the Wii 2.

JebbyDeringer

SpentAllMyTokens

If anything, it'd be similar to move I'd think. We'll just have to wait and see. There's no way they'd dump
Motion control completely, especially now that it's caught on with their competitors. They need to bring something new to the table, and soon though. Otherwise they won't be able to compete with the now reasonably priced hd twins.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Reala

to quote proffesor Frink "I have seen the future and yes it will" so now you know

Reala

LordJumpMad

Another Thread like this?

Knowing Nintendo, they got something New in Store.
And not going to be Called Wii two.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Slapshot

I doubt it. Why would they bring a lesser/cheaper version of Kinect to the market only to stomped by Kinect? Nintendo is already seeing itself in rough shape with 3rd Parties who are now focusing primarily on the HD Consoles with Motion Control, there is no way they would bring out a new console that continues this issue.

Nintendo will find some new innovative way to excite gamers with it's new console and bring something that has to be integrated into the HD systems once again for them to keep up.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

ReddLionz

No...everyone knows mind control is the next step in gaming.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

LuWiiGi

Emotive recognition, mind control, super-smart AI and holograms are the way forward. Believe me, in the next ten years I bet all of these things will appear on consoles.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

Gamesake

@LuWiiGi The Wii already has mind control available on it. That's the mechanism behind Nintendo Week.

...in my pants.

Z_Bone

Man I hope not. Kinect is not much fun after about 15 minutes. And if the look on Miyamoto's face while watching someone at E3 play Kinect tells us anything, it's no. He had a look that said "Are you serious Microsoft?"

Edited on by Z_Bone

Do the Mario!

LordJumpMad

This said it all
Untitled

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

romulux

nintendo has no reason to compete with kinect. they passed the technology up when they were first looking into motion because they didn't like playing without a controller. maybe they could use a camera in some way but i don't think microsoft's system of "let the camera try to do all the work", when you could just have much more accurate sensors in your hand, is at all practical. it seems like a gimmick designed more to look cutting edge than it is to work well. (even though the camera can still do some cool things)

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Hokori

I hope Not, If they do ill have lost all respect for video games

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Birdman

If Nintendo does, (and I will be severely disappointed if they do), I hope it's more of a feature like the DS's mic and not a fully integrated part. Kinect does not impress me, and niether does PS Move. Neither device has anything that makes me believe that it is more than a money pit, though for the PS Move, I would like to have games that prove me wrong otherwise, then beautifully ported down to the Wii (duh). Nintendo relies on innovation, not 1-upping it's competition.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

10birkbeckd

miletich3 wrote:

I suppose the Nintendo Wii 2 will have a feature such as that and rival Kinect, don't you?

our they going to make a nintendo wii 2

When i grow older im gonna be a ice cream man and when little kids come im gonna drive away
d8b d8,
88P `8P
d88
d888888 .d888b, 88b
d8P' ?88 ?8b, 88P
88b ,88b `?8b d88
?88P'`88b?888P' d88'

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.