Forums

Topic: Worst FPS game

Posts 101 to 120 of 130

Cia

I'm still baffled about Halo's (combat evolved) high review scores. What exactly is the thing that makes that game good? I would like to hear some arguments from people who like the game so i could understand it's acclaim better.

Cia

Percentful

@Faron well, it is a polished experience. Huge worlds, a variety of weapons, good controls that are customizable. It was fun, not to mention it sort of started the FPS popularity wave.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Percentful

Panda wrote:

manlycartoonist wrote:

I'm just saying that when I worked in an electronics department of a retail store... a lot of families bought the 360 cause there was no wii instock.

I didn't realize people actually did that. It's like going to the supermarket to get some milk but you get orange juice instead.

Yeah. I can understand getting a different game, but getting a whole different system that you know almost nothing about? Besides, 360s cost more. I really can't see why any family would do that, unless they had planned on doing so.

Just let it happen.

Cia

110 percentful: The worlds are indeed pretty large, but mostly grey corridors, which all look the same. Variety of weapons? I don't know, almost every other FPS i've played has had more weapons than Halo. The controls are good, that i can give, but is that really enough for satisfying experience? I guess it is for some. One thing the game actually has that's propably fun: Co-op, but that i haven't tested, and propably never will because of the taste the single player mode left in my mouth.

Cia

Percentful

Well, the variety of weapons isn't as large as some, but there were still many choices. As for the grey corridors, that's sort of true. There were some grey corridors, but as I remember, only 4 or 5 levels were completely indorrs, and only 2 or 3 of those were even slightly close to grey corridors. The co-op was VERY fun.
Let me give an example of a "grey" corridor. The level "The Library" was indoors, in a grey building. However, there were many great lighting effects, and you could find a lot of Flood Blood (heh, that rhymed) everywhere. A lot of times, you would find holes, and flood would start coming out of those holes. There were a TON of nice little touches, and it really made the environment.

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

BrazCanaMan

Some of the things that made Halo a good game FOR IT'S TIME (keep that in mind)
-Large world (as for the "grey corridors" complaint, most FPS games that have indoor areas have repeating textures. Getting lost in indoor areas due to repeating textures is a common complaint that arises for this genre.)
-A good variety of different weapons (many games have copies of the same gun. One for the good guys and one for the bad guys, but still the same gun.)
-The first game to make you strategically choose between which two guns to carry (to my knowledge.)
-Amazing graphics (FOR ITS TIME.) Especially lighting effects.
-Excellent enemy AI
-A wide variety of vehicles that actually control well.
-Great story!
-Great voice acting.
-Some of the best controls for a console FPS.

The list goes on. Basically, Halo has many more positive points than it does negative.

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

Percentful

And don't argue that there isn't a great story. Halo is actually a continuation of the books, and the back story is quite astounding it terms of size.

Just let it happen.

Machu

Halo used a recharging shield which removed a lot of the skill required, this welcomed a whole wave of FPS noobs into the genre. These noobs now defend Halo, simply because it was the first FPS they didn't suck at.

Rawr!

Cia

Ok, the game have some positives. For reasons previously covered, it still just bored the hell out of me. I'm glad you guys gave those positive comments about it neverthless, for now it's acclaim doesn't seem such a wrong -doing as much anymore.

Cia

BrazCanaMan

@Faron It's not the best FPS, but for sure it isn't the WORST. FPS just like most game genres are prone to personal taste. I actually prefer FarCry series (except Vengeance), Left 4 Dead, Unreal Tournament and Bioshock.

@Machu, well, nowadays the "recharging-noob-sheild", as you refer to it, is used in a lot of FPS and TPS. Also it didn't remove a lot of skill, the only difference is that instead of running for a med pack (which are usually abundant) you have to run for cover (which is not always available). Putting the difficulty to Easy is removing a lot of skill. BTW, I didn't suck at Doom, Quake 3 and many others before I didn't suck at Halo.

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

Cia

Ah, Bioshock was one game which i forgot to mention before. That game was simply beautiful and propably the best standard FPS game i've played.

Cia

Percentful

BrazCanaMan nailed it. It's not necessarily as great as most 360 fans make it out to be, but it's still a good game.

Just let it happen.

Meffaliss

Faron wrote:

What is the worst FPS you've played? Mine is Halo (just played it through).

Personaly, Super Noa's ark 3D. Yes it's wolfenstein, but heck just the theme pretty much makes me sick... w

Well, this is a signature from someone, it says stuff, and you're reading it.

Meffaliss

OldBoy

Goldeneye....LOL just kidding.
The DS Bond game ,Rogue Agent I think it was called (could be wrong,can't be bothered looking it up),.Appalling game.Not played any real stinkers other than that,I'm pretty picky about which FPS's I play. The Conduit was pretty bad too,,not technically but Story, Art direction....ergh bland,bland ,bland.

What's this bit for again?

AlexSays

A list if reasons why Halo is a solid game? Read any review. lol

Machu wrote:

Halo used a recharging shield which removed a lot of the skill required, this welcomed a whole wave of FPS noobs into the genre. These noobs now defend Halo, simply because it was the first FPS they didn't suck at.

What about those of us that suck at Halo and still find ourselves defending it? lol

This thread would have people to believe I was the biggest fan ever, but I've really only played the first game and some of the second. Just enough to know it doesn't completely suck.

AlexSays

Adam

Recharging shield isn't all bad. It removes the annoying element of people camping around health respawns, which can be worse. Very easy to just hang around the body armor in Goldeneye and constantly have a health advantage, for instance.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

TheBaconator

Everyone here appears to hate Halo and if you only played the single player then I don't blame you. But it is fun to play with friends online and off. It also has some pretty neat features like the ability to fully customize the gravity, shields, speed, and weapons. You can also customize maps to your liking. Though I may sound like one I'm not a Halo Fanboy. The only games I play on the 360 are Red Dead and Perfect Dark. I'd gladly take the Wii over any other system. It just seems that people here took a very shallow tour of Halo 3 and were not able to dive in deep enough into the game. And that is one thing I dislike about people. When they make assumptions without having the full experiance, and that goes with any thing in games and life.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Meffaliss

ballkirby1 wrote:

Everyone here appears to hate Halo and if you only played the single player then I don't blame you. But it is fun to play with friends online and off. It also has some pretty neat features like the ability to fully customize the gravity, shields, speed, and weapons. You can also customize maps to your liking. Though I may sound like one I'm not a Halo Fanboy. The only games I play on the 360 are Red Dead and Perfect Dark. I'd gladly take the Wii over any other system. It just seems that people here took a very shallow tour of Halo 3 and were not able to dive in deep enough into the game. And that is one thing I dislike about people. When they make assumptions without having the full experiance, and that goes with any thing in games and life.

I like Halo, it's fun when you find all the glitches in it lol.
Even in multiplayer

Well, this is a signature from someone, it says stuff, and you're reading it.

Meffaliss

Percentful

ballkirby1 wrote:

Did you not notice me defending the single player?

Just let it happen.

Adam

I didn't find Halo's campaign bad. It was especially fun with two players, moreso than versus, I thought, which was pretty fun, too, though I sucked at it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.