Forums

Topic: Wii 2, PlayStation 4, Xbox 720, DS2, PSP2, and Xbox Portable

Posts 21 to 40 of 43

CanisWolfred

I'd rather they make this generation last a couple years longer, unless they can come up with something really innovative. Although I would like to see a DS2 soon, so long as it has a portable VC, and even then, I'll only get it if Atlus and Square-Enix regularly supports it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

bro2dragons wrote:

@Mickeymac: what has Atlus made?

the best pokemonm clone Robopon and alot of obsucre RPG's kinda like hudson

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DarkLloyd

now that earning money or getting money is no longer a issue probably cuz im older now all of those next gens systems and handhelds are day one for me i wont miss out on my first launch day purchase as i never get to experince that

DarkLloyd

DarkG

Thomas+Joseph wrote:

DarkG, obviously you pair up any system with a PC (which can do it all ... depending on what sort of game select you prefer) and you'll have a true home entertainment system ... and that's my point. It needs to be paired up with a PC. The next generation systems should do away with the PC. A single unit, all the capabilities. None of them, not even the XBOX360, can do it all.

But honestly, who doesn't have a PC? if consoles could do word processing and stuff, they would be a PC! Most people have a PC, and I would dare to say that if you buy a console, you can afford a PC... what's more, most PCs are Windows-based, and I would dare to say that 100% of Xbox 360 owners, also have a Windows-based PC in their home network... and since the Xbox 360 works as a Media Center Extender, it IS a complete Multimedia Hub, and the only console capable of that...

Finally, that's not the way other consoles should go, because although it does add cool extras, they are completely irrelevant to gaming itself... Consoles are just computers dedicated to gaming, and that's the way it should be... they are easy to buy, install and use and that's their main appeal, and the reason not many people game on a PC...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

Good

briunj04 wrote:

DS2 aint happening next year. theyre still going strong

Like I said, the DS2 won't probably happen until 2016. Because look at the history of the Game Boy and the DS:

1989: Game Boy Original
1996: Game Boy Pocket
1998: Game Boy Color
2001: Game Boy Advance
2003: Game Boy Advance SP
2005: Game Boy Micro

2004: Nintendo DS
2006: Nintendo DS Lite
2009: Nintendo DSi
2010: Nintendo DSi XL/LL

It took 12 years from 1989 to 2001 to get a successor to the Game Boy because it sold so well.

Good

DarkG

And the DS has sold even better, and the DSi is selling quite good at the moment, it's safe to guess we have DSi for a good while

geek-master

if wii to does happen it should be called wii D short for wii digital or wii dimensions. also i think they should kick the bucket with ATI and use some ASUS MOTHERBOARDS and maybe a intel QUARE QUAD prossesor.

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

DarkG

That CPU isn't game-centric or anything... it's powerful, pricey and produces a lot of heat... and is outdated already, I doubt they need that...

ATi is still with them, and really, there's nobody else to go console-wise... nVidia has been a big flaw each time, a big fiasco on both the original Xbox and the PS3...

ItsFuzzyPickles

Here are my predictions for release date:

DSi XL: Early-to-mid 2010
Project Natal: Late 2010
Xbox 360 successor: Late 2012
Nintendo DS successor: Mid 2013
Nintendo Wii successor: Late 2011-late 2012
Playstation 3 successor: Early 2013-late 2014

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Thomas_Joseph

DarkG wrote:

But honestly, who doesn't have a PC?

About 20% of the people in the country.

DarkG wrote:

if consoles could do word processing and stuff, they would be a PC!

...and...

DarkG wrote:

Consoles are just computers dedicated to gaming, and that's the way it should be...

So which one is it? Are they computers or are they not?

DarkG wrote:

Finally, that's not the way other consoles should go, because although it does add cool extras, they are completely irrelevant to gaming itself...

Well, that is certainly an opinion you're entitled to, but one could argue that being able to play DVD's or Blu-Ray, or listen to music, or view pictures, or chat ... are completely irrelevant to gaming itself. If one is going to add those features, why not go the last step and give people a machine which does it all, right out of the box?

Currently playing: Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA), Infinite Space (NDS)

Friend Codes
Monster Lab: 4511-9376-9582; Water Warfare: 3781-7983-7040; TMNT Smash Up: 2064-0130-4425
[strong]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: 2149-9558-3085 (Deuce); Conduit: 3782-0434...

CanisWolfred

bro2dragons wrote:

@Mickeymac: what has Atlus made?

Nothing. They're a publisher. But they've published Yggdra Union, Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2, Riviera, DemiKids, Robopon 2, Shining Soul 1 and 2, Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 1 and 2, Kwirk, Revelations: The Demon Slayer, Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, Shining Force: The Resurrection of the Dark Dragon, River City Ransom EX, Double Dragon Advance, Super Dodgeball Advance, and Lufia: The Ruins of Lore. Most of those were released on the Gameboy Advance, so if there is a portable VC, it better support the GBA in order to hold my interest.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DarkG

PC as in general purpose Personal Computer... versus a computer machine dedicated to doing some stuff with dedicated hardware and software...

I forgot to add... who has a gaming console and doesn't have a PC? PCs are far more important and useful than game consoles, so if price is the problem, you have at least a PC, or you have none...

And the reason why they don't do it is because of price... development time and cost would be too high, plus when you look at it, there's no better office software than Microsoft's Office suite... OpenOffice.org is good and all, and coul be made for consoles by the community, by it isn't a priority...

CanisWolfred

My gawd, what are you guys arguing about now?

DarkG wrote:

DVD/online-video/TV-tuner playback with TiVO-like functionality, music library capabilities

If you have a PC with a Windows version with Media Center, with an Xbox 360, you can have a TRULY Home Entertainment System as you call it...

Wait! I have that! How do I do that?!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DarkG

On your Xbox 360, go to Media Center (on NXE, it's right from the Video Library), and follow the onscreen instructions to connect your PC with the 360 as a Media Center Extender, you'll need to have your PC on and with Media Center started in order to make the configuration steps.

geek-master

does anyone have a ASUS MOTHERBOARD? you know how powerful those things can be! why wont they put any EXTREME MOTHERBOARD from ASUS with a TURBO V automatic over clocking device inside a game consul. i respect ASUS and i think they need to replace ATI for the next wii.
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by geek-master

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

DarkG

I think you are VERY confused here... ATi makes Graphic Cards, NOT Motherboards, they are very different things.... ATi being the market leader innovation and price-wise, they are here to stay as far as GPU for Consoles go...

RandomWiiPlayer

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Here are my predictions for release date:

DSi XL: Early-to-mid 2010
Project Natal: Late 2010
Xbox 360 successor: Late 2012
Nintendo DS successor: Mid 2013
Nintendo Wii successor: Late 2011-late 2012
Playstation 3 successor: Early 2013-late 2014

Nintendo already said that DSi XL was coming early 2010. And if Sony doesn't rise up to at least second place soon, you should expect a PS4 before a new Nintendo console.

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

geek-master

DarkG wrote:

I think you are VERY confused here... ATi makes Graphic Cards, NOT Motherboards, they are very different things.... ATi being the market leader innovation and price-wise, they are here to stay as far as GPU for Consoles go...

(facepalm) i am so sorry about that >_> i hope i get my facts right but still the next wii could use a good MOTHERBOARD to keep a solid FPS in games..... also what does IBM do for the wii right now?

DarkG

IBM makes the CPU for all 3 consoles, just a different CPU for each... can't remember Wii's CPU architecture, but the Xbox 360 is a triple-cored PowerPC and the PS3 is obviously the Cell...

Console motherboards are custom-made for each console, they don't use consumer-level mobos since they are not as optimized for specific hardware as custom made ones (obviously... lol)

Edited on by DarkG

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.