PSP2 (2010)
Wii 2 (2011)
Xbox 720 (2011)
PlayStation 4 (2012)
Xbox Portable (2013)

Edited on by Good

Good

Infernape1000

It's going to be a couple more years until the 7th Generation ends. You're thinking too much...8th Generation...

Take it easy.

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

Good

Infernape1000 wrote:

It's going to be a couple more years until the 7th Generation ends. You're thinking too much...8th Generation...

Take it easy.

This is just a speculation. I really don't think the 8th generation of video games will happen that soon!

Good

The_Fox

I'd be surprised to see Microsoft enter the handheld gaming market. They'd have better luck on working on a platform to cut away a slice of the iPhone market.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Good

The+Fox wrote:

I'd be surprised to see Microsoft enter the handheld gaming market. They'd have better luck on working on a platform to cut away a slice of the iPhone market.

They should make a counterpart similar to the iPhone, the Zune wasn't exactly a good one.

Good

Odnetnin

Nononononononononononono. Please.
I really hope the DSi is the last version of the DS, and it lasts to at least 2012. Then Nintendo can bring out the true successor to the dual-screened wonder.
Wii2? 2012 or 2013, more like. Unless it somehow bombs within the next two years, I'd like to see it later, not sooner.
Oh, and an "Xbox Portable" would be way too risky for Microsoft.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

DarkG

the Zune HD is Microsoft's 3rd gaming pillar... it is set to compete with the iPhone, and to be integrated into their LIVE Anywhere idea...

The only company that actually needs a next get console would be Sony, but I doubt even they will release anything before 2012...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

Slapshot

PS3 will prob be goin strong for another 4 years at LEAST according to Sony. They system is was slated for a 10 yr life cycle. They would be stupid to even talk about PS4 now that the PS3 is finally affordable and starting to sell. Im happy with my systems at the moment. Im tired of new ones.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Odnetnin

slapshot82 wrote:

PS3 will prob be goin strong for another 4 years at LEAST according to Sony. They system is was slated for a 10 yr life cycle. They would be stupid to even talk about PS4 now that the PS3 is finally affordable and starting to sell. Im happy with my systems at the moment. Im tired of new ones.

Agree.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

castlehominid99

well the zeebo came out in july and that might be considered 8th generation

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Good

I just saw the Zeebo on Wikipedia. The console looks futuristic and the controller looks like the Wii's Classic Controller.

Good

We don't need any new consoles. Video game innovation is at its peak, we can't climb any higher. We try, and we're just going to slip and fall flat on our faces.

Edited on by

Chrono_Cross

Odnetnin wrote:

Nononononononononononono. Please.
I really hope the DSi is the last version of the DS, and it lasts to at least 2012. Then Nintendo can bring out the true successor to the dual-screened wonder.
Wii2? 2012 or 2013, more like. Unless it somehow bombs within the next two years, I'd like to see it later, not sooner.
Oh, and an "Xbox Portable" would be way too risky for Microsoft.

I have to agree with Odnetnin 100%.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Cipher

With Natal being released soon (is it still sometime in 2010?) I'd be very surprised to see a new Xbox so soon. I know Microsoft have said Natal will pave the way for a new Xbox 360, but I'd expect its actual successor just to be brought forward anyway. With DSi and the PS3 Slim, and Wii's expected longevity, I think the seventh generation is going to be a very long one.

Nintendo DSi XL :- early 2010
Project Natal :- late 2010
Official successor to Xbox 360 :- 2011
Official successor to Nintendo DS :- early 2013
Official successor to Wii :- late 2013
Official successor to PlayStation 3 :- 2014

I don't know the state of play with PSP but I don't think there'll be another one after the flop that was the PSP Go (so I've heard - as I say, out of the loop with that one). I also don't think there'll be a Microsoft handheld any time soon.

SilentJ

I'd like to see a Vectrex 2010!

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

zezhyrule

I always thought - like that person said on the ds anniversary thing - that the
DS = Gameboy
DS lite = Gameboy Pocket
DSi = Gameboy Color

So hopefully, the next DS will be like the step from the GBC to the GBA.
(hoping for graphics on par with gamecube's)

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Thomas_Joseph

If any of these companies have a bit of sense about them, the next generation will TRULY be a home entertainment system. So we're looking at DVD/online-video/TV-tuner playback with TiVO-like functionality, music library capabilities (MP3, AAC, WMA, etc), maybe even taking on computer-only tasks (word processing & spread sheeting), in addition to a truly awesome video gaming experience.

Currently playing: Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA), Infinite Space (NDS)

Friend Codes
Monster Lab: 4511-9376-9582; Water Warfare: 3781-7983-7040; TMNT Smash Up: 2064-0130-4425
[strong]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: 2149-9558-3085 (Deuce); Conduit: 3782-0434...

DarkG

DVD/online-video/TV-tuner playback with TiVO-like functionality, music library capabilities

The Xbox 360 can do all that, and the PS3 can do some of that too... If you have a PC with a Windows version with Media Center, with an Xbox 360, you can have a TRULY Home Entertainment System as you call it...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

Thomas_Joseph

DarkG, obviously you pair up any system with a PC (which can do it all ... depending on what sort of game select you prefer) and you'll have a true home entertainment system ... and that's my point. It needs to be paired up with a PC. The next generation systems should do away with the PC. A single unit, all the capabilities. None of them, not even the XBOX360, can do it all.

Edited on by Thomas_Joseph

Currently playing: Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA), Infinite Space (NDS)

Friend Codes
Monster Lab: 4511-9376-9582; Water Warfare: 3781-7983-7040; TMNT Smash Up: 2064-0130-4425
[strong]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: 2149-9558-3085 (Deuce); Conduit: 3782-0434...

Mabbit

DS2 aint happening next year. theyre still going strong

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.