Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Showing 201 to 220 of 342

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

201. Posted:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

NOTICE THE SITE IS CALL nintendo life NOT hey u dick head ps3 is better than wii, no 360 is the best, Halo ftw life!

Now 360 owners, are you really happy you have people like this on your side?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheBaconator

202. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

I don't know why people keep mentioning that this is a Nintendo forum. Apparently "Other Gaming" is not an obvious enough name for this forum.

I do know that this is in the "Other Gaming" section. It just seems like more then half the people on this site don't even own a Nintendo system and just feel like posting stuff on the site saying that how one system is more superior then the other even though it is just a matter of opinon and there really is no reason to trash on people for liking one better then the other.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

203. Posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone here does own a Nintendo system. I for one have a Wii, DSi, and SNES. I don't think any PS3 users still currently posting to this thread is "trashing" anyone else. If any argumentative discussion is by default emotionally charged for you, you don't have to participate. I see nothing wrong with someone enjoying a 360. Like Chatham says, I don't think there's any reason to own it other than Halo and Gears and a handful of XBLA games when most of their games are on PC or PS3, also, but to each his own. And I'm sure for many 360 users, those two game series are all they need. More power to them.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

204. Posted:

That video tells the truth people!

I know that if I ever get another console this gen, it'll be the Playstation 3.

EAT THAT MICROSOFT!

Nintendo has: Virtual Console, all-time classic franchises, and more unique games.

Sony has: The most powerful console, most feature, and more exclusives I want.

Microsoft has: Just a few games I want. Yep, that's it.

Microsoft will never have me as an buyer of there console, especially since you have to PAY for online.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

205. Posted:

shrugs the only thing that attracts me from the Xbox360 is the Xbox live arcade. I am not a big fan of Gears, halo, resistance and Metal gears.....sorry,.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bahamut_ZERO

206. Posted:

My turn to pitch in, I missed a lot (3 pages in an hour :P ).

First things first, to me, if it's on 360 and PC it's a 360 exclusive. The reason it's on PC is cause' that's what Microsoft does. I prefer console gamer to tiny-screen-awkward-control-scheme PC gaming anyday, and I'm sure many of you do too, so if I say 360 exclusive, it may be on PC.

XBLA > PSN. I'm sorry, it just is in terms of quantity of quality releases. Braid, Castle Crahers, Geometry Wars, Splosion Man, earlier releases of games and DLC, Secret of Monkey Island, etc. PSN has great titles too, like Fat Princess, Warkawk, Flower, and PixelJunk series, but XBLA has it beat.

RROD is not an argument anymore. It's not a problem anymore, new ones have a low failure rate. It's like saying that Nintendo Wii is terrible because it doesn't have 1:1 motion, even though it was fixed with WM+.

Next, I take this as an argument as of now. All these lists of PS3 exclusives, half of them aren't out yet! They might suck for all we know!

I said this before, and I will say it again. No console is better than the other! It's all opinions! You can say "PS3 is better!!!" all you want, but what may make it better for you, the next guy might not care. Though while you think Halo and Gears isn't enough, some other guy might make it more than enough. It's opinions!" What I hate is when someone goes onto a forum and starts preaching their opinion as a fact. It isn't. This should be reasons why "I like the PS3 more than the 360" and such. List of exclusives: fact. Saying these exclusives are better than what the 360 has: opinion!

Edited on by Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheBaconator

207. Posted:

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

My turn to pitch in, I missed a lot (3 pages in an hour :P ).

First things first, to me, if it's on 360 and PC it's a 360 exclusive. The reason it's on PC is cause' that's what Microsoft does. I prefer console gamer to tiny-screen-awkward-control-scheme PC gaming anyday, and I'm sure many of you do too, so if I say 360 exclusive, it may be on PC.

XBLA > PSN. I'm sorry, it just is in terms of quantity of quality releases. Braid, Castle Crahers, Geometry Wars, Splosion Man, earlier releases of games and DLC, Secret of Monkey Island, etc. PSN has great titles too, like Fat Princess, Warkawk, Flower, and PixelJunk series, but XBLA has it beat.

RROD is not an argument anymore. It's not a problem anymore, new ones have a low failure rate. It's like saying that Nintendo Wii is terrible because it doesn't have 1:1 motion, even though it was fixed with WM+.

Next, I take this as an argument as of now. All these lists of PS3 exclusives, half of them aren't out yet! They might suck for all we know!

I said this before, and I will say it again. No console is better than the other! It's all opinions! You can say "PS3 is better!!!" all you want, but what may make it better for you, the next guy might not care. Though while you think Halo and Gears isn't enough, some other guy might make it more than enough. It's opinions!" What I hate is when someone goes onto a forum and starts preaching their opinion as a fact. It isn't. This should be reasons why "I like the PS3 more than the 360" and such. List of exclusives: fact. Saying these exclusives are better than what the 360 has: opinion!

Hey man...I tried to say that as well and the more I brought it up the deeper hole I dug for myself.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

208. Posted:

No, there are plenty of PS3-exclusives out now. I don't think listing them again is necessary. But having exclusives to look forward to is important, as well, so I don't think there is a problem with listing both, though it might have been better if whoever listed them had separated the two lists. If you need the list, go to Wikipedia. There are plenty, most of which have been very well received and not available on PC.

Also, PC is only tiny screen if you... you know... buy a tiny screen. Same goes for home consoles. If your particular screen is tiny, that's a personal problem, but it is not an inherent downside to PC gaming. Also, awkward control scheme? Just buy a 360 controller. They work for PC. Or any 3rd-party controller. No one is forcing you to use keyboard and mouse. Chatham's point is that aside from 9 games, you can play everything 360 has to offer on either PC or PS3, and most people who have a PS3 can be assumed to already have a PC.

About XBLA... Braid and Castle Crashers are coming to PS3.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chatham

209. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

NOTICE THE SITE IS CALL nintendo life NOT hey u dick head ps3 is better than wii, no 360 is the best, Halo ftw life!

Now 360 owners, are you really happy you have people like this on your side?

Wow, with friends like that... Who needs enemies?!

Email: mallrat425@hotmail.com
PSN Name: EricChatham
Wii FC: 1599-5101-5844-5527
Too many codes to list... E-mail me, add me, and then we'll go from there...
The #2 hookadikka
I have WiiSpeak, The Conduit, COD, All GH/RB, and pretty much everything else online...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

210. Posted:

Chatham wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

NOTICE THE SITE IS CALL nintendo life NOT hey u dick head ps3 is better than wii, no 360 is the best, Halo ftw life!

Now 360 owners, are you really happy you have people like this on your side?

Wow, with friends like that... Who needs enemies?!

@BB Thrilla-Wow, it is nice to know that you are such a nice person. Calling people $%^* is not going to make people see your point, if you have one.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bahamut_ZERO

211. Posted:

@AlexSays: It personally makes me ashamed I get total dumb/jackasses on my side. It makes it hard for anyone to take someone defending the 360 civilized seriously :(
However, my opinion is my opinion, I don't need to switch it thanks to stereotypical 360 fanboys.

@Adam: First, I know there are lots of great PS3 exclusives out now (I own both), but I think that making a list of soon-to-come ones isn't great for arguments sake. Remember, they could end up sucking. Imagine if I said Too Human was a reason to buy a 360 :P

Maybe I'm just prejudiced about PC gaming, I hate it, and me (nor a lot of people) have a top of the end PC required to play 360 games with the same quality as that of the actual console. This is actually a perfect example of opinion. In your opinion the PC works fine to play 360 games, and in my opinion I can't stand playing anything on PC. Again opinion. I'm not srguing why the 360 is better than PS3, I'm arguing why I like it more (plus arguing is fun :) ).
And Braid and Castle Crashers are coming to PSN? Really? Heh. But either way, you could put those under the "get earlier" argument for XBLA then.

Bahamut_ZERO

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ashtrine

212. Posted:

nice Chatham just im at a loss of words no so just nice


▲ ▲

AuthorMessage
Avatar

M00se

213. Posted:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Chatham wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

NOTICE THE SITE IS CALL nintendo life NOT hey u dick head ps3 is better than wii, no 360 is the best, Halo ftw life!

Now 360 owners, are you really happy you have people like this on your side?

Wow, with friends like that... Who needs enemies?!

@BB Thrilla-Wow, it is nice to know that you are such a nice person. Calling people $%^* is not going to make people see your point, if you have one.

all im trying to say is that this arguing has no point in the first place! who gives a f*** which system is better, just play what YOU feel is better! and im neither on sony nor microsofts side! im a nintendo man!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

AuthorMessage
Avatar

J-Man

214. Posted:

Problem: Xbox 360 is stealing my oxygen.
Objective: Set it on fire.

J-Man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

215. Posted:

That's fine, Bahamut. I respect that. Like I said, I would never deny that there are reasons to own a 360. My presence here is mostly in response to those who were saying the PS3 had no good exclusives or isn't a good system.

The whole "get games earlier" thing, though, is a big part of why I don't like Microsoft. I'd rather support a console that is forward-thinking and producing great, truly exclusive titles than a company that relies instead on rushing products to market before they're ready and using heavy-handed business tactics such as throwing money around to get short temporary exclusives from other developers just to skew perception of the console, despite the so-called exclusives eventually coming out on the PS3 anyway. I'm patient enough that this kind of deception has no appeal to me whatsoever. There are plenty of good games on PS3 already that waiting a year for Braid and Castle Crashers (games that are good but overrated, anyway) is not a big deal.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SwerdMurd

216. Posted:

This thread was the origin of AIDS.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

217. Posted:

Aw man, and I have had an open cut all this time.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

218. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

NOTICE THE SITE IS CALL nintendo life NOT hey u dick head ps3 is better than wii, no 360 is the best, Halo ftw life!

Now 360 owners, are you really happy you have people like this on your side?

Wow, I must be the only one who realized he was MOCKING 360 fanboys...

This whole argument is really getting out of hand. Just because the PS3 has more exclusives doesn't mean they're all particularly better than the 360s. Most of the exclusives for the thing I couldn't care less about. As much as I wanted GoWIII, Resistance, and Fat Princess, I just wanted Geometry Wars, Nuts & Bolts, Dead Rising, and the original Xbox games I missed out on more. It's all a matter of preference, people.

And to all of you people running on about how the PS3 is better because it's stronger: Do any of you realize that the more powerful console almost NEVER WINS? The only time that happened was during the 16-bit era, and that was only because of Donkey Kong Country. SMS, N64, Xbox, all consoles that were the most powerful in their time, and they all lost humiliatingly to the weaker systems. So stop using the PS3's higher power as an excuse to say it's better than the 360.

I may get a PS3 sometime down the road, but I love my 360 (despite the lack of a web browser and XBL costs), and I'm not gonna let some Youtube dumbass try to convince me I wasted my money.

And as BAHAMUT ZERO said, the RROD problems's been fixed now, so stop using that to bash the 360 already.

I have some other things to say, but I've expressed those already in that wall of text (which NOONE bothered to read. :P) I wrote earlier. This post here will probably go ignored too, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

219. Posted:

Wins? Wins what? It's a business about games, but that doesn't make the business itself a game. I couldn't care less who "wins." I don't have stock in either company. Whether PS3 or 360 "wins," both will have "lost" to Wii, and regardless of the outcome of this supposed game, I can still enjoy the heck out of my PS3, so it doesn't make a lick of a difference.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

220. Posted:

weirdadam wrote:

Wins? Wins what? It's a business about games, but that doesn't make the business itself a game. I couldn't care less who "wins." I don't have stock in either company. Whether PS3 or 360 "wins," both will have "lost" to Wii, and regardless of the outcome of this supposed game, I can still enjoy the heck out of my PS3, so it doesn't make a lick of a difference.

I don't care about sales numbers either. All I'm saying is that people here are saying that the PS3 is better because of it's more advanced tech specs, and that's not necessarily true.

Edited on by Ricardo91

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

Sorry, this topic has been locked.