Forums

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Posts 201 to 220 of 340

Adam

I'm pretty sure everyone here does own a Nintendo system. I for one have a Wii, DSi, and SNES. I don't think any PS3 users still currently posting to this thread is "trashing" anyone else. If any argumentative discussion is by default emotionally charged for you, you don't have to participate. I see nothing wrong with someone enjoying a 360. Like Chatham says, I don't think there's any reason to own it other than Halo and Gears and a handful of XBLA games when most of their games are on PC or PS3, also, but to each his own. And I'm sure for many 360 users, those two game series are all they need. More power to them.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

ItsFuzzyPickles

That video tells the truth people!

I know that if I ever get another console this gen, it'll be the Playstation 3.

EAT THAT MICROSOFT!

Nintendo has: Virtual Console, all-time classic franchises, and more unique games.

Sony has: The most powerful console, most feature, and more exclusives I want.

Microsoft has: Just a few games I want. Yep, that's it.

Microsoft will never have me as an buyer of there console, especially since you have to PAY for online.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

shrugs the only thing that attracts me from the Xbox360 is the Xbox live arcade. I am not a big fan of Gears, halo, resistance and Metal gears.....sorry,.

Bahamut_ZERO

My turn to pitch in, I missed a lot (3 pages in an hour ).

First things first, to me, if it's on 360 and PC it's a 360 exclusive. The reason it's on PC is cause' that's what Microsoft does. I prefer console gamer to tiny-screen-awkward-control-scheme PC gaming anyday, and I'm sure many of you do too, so if I say 360 exclusive, it may be on PC.

XBLA > PSN. I'm sorry, it just is in terms of quantity of quality releases. Braid, Castle Crahers, Geometry Wars, Splosion Man, earlier releases of games and DLC, Secret of Monkey Island, etc. PSN has great titles too, like Fat Princess, Warkawk, Flower, and PixelJunk series, but XBLA has it beat.

RROD is not an argument anymore. It's not a problem anymore, new ones have a low failure rate. It's like saying that Nintendo Wii is terrible because it doesn't have 1:1 motion, even though it was fixed with WM+.

Next, I take this as an argument as of now. All these lists of PS3 exclusives, half of them aren't out yet! They might suck for all we know!

I said this before, and I will say it again. No console is better than the other! It's all opinions! You can say "PS3 is better!!!" all you want, but what may make it better for you, the next guy might not care. Though while you think Halo and Gears isn't enough, some other guy might make it more than enough. It's opinions!" What I hate is when someone goes onto a forum and starts preaching their opinion as a fact. It isn't. This should be reasons why "I like the PS3 more than the 360" and such. List of exclusives: fact. Saying these exclusives are better than what the 360 has: opinion!

Edited on by Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO

TheBaconator

Bahamut+ZERO wrote:

My turn to pitch in, I missed a lot (3 pages in an hour ).

First things first, to me, if it's on 360 and PC it's a 360 exclusive. The reason it's on PC is cause' that's what Microsoft does. I prefer console gamer to tiny-screen-awkward-control-scheme PC gaming anyday, and I'm sure many of you do too, so if I say 360 exclusive, it may be on PC.

XBLA > PSN. I'm sorry, it just is in terms of quantity of quality releases. Braid, Castle Crahers, Geometry Wars, Splosion Man, earlier releases of games and DLC, Secret of Monkey Island, etc. PSN has great titles too, like Fat Princess, Warkawk, Flower, and PixelJunk series, but XBLA has it beat.

RROD is not an argument anymore. It's not a problem anymore, new ones have a low failure rate. It's like saying that Nintendo Wii is terrible because it doesn't have 1:1 motion, even though it was fixed with WM+.

Next, I take this as an argument as of now. All these lists of PS3 exclusives, half of them aren't out yet! They might suck for all we know!

I said this before, and I will say it again. No console is better than the other! It's all opinions! You can say "PS3 is better!!!" all you want, but what may make it better for you, the next guy might not care. Though while you think Halo and Gears isn't enough, some other guy might make it more than enough. It's opinions!" What I hate is when someone goes onto a forum and starts preaching their opinion as a fact. It isn't. This should be reasons why "I like the PS3 more than the 360" and such. List of exclusives: fact. Saying these exclusives are better than what the 360 has: opinion!

Hey man...I tried to say that as well and the more I brought it up the deeper hole I dug for myself.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Adam

No, there are plenty of PS3-exclusives out now. I don't think listing them again is necessary. But having exclusives to look forward to is important, as well, so I don't think there is a problem with listing both, though it might have been better if whoever listed them had separated the two lists. If you need the list, go to Wikipedia. There are plenty, most of which have been very well received and not available on PC.

Also, PC is only tiny screen if you... you know... buy a tiny screen. Same goes for home consoles. If your particular screen is tiny, that's a personal problem, but it is not an inherent downside to PC gaming. Also, awkward control scheme? Just buy a 360 controller. They work for PC. Or any 3rd-party controller. No one is forcing you to use keyboard and mouse. Chatham's point is that aside from 9 games, you can play everything 360 has to offer on either PC or PS3, and most people who have a PS3 can be assumed to already have a PC.

About XBLA... Braid and Castle Crashers are coming to PS3.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Chatham

AlexSays wrote:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

NOTICE THE SITE IS CALL nintendo life NOT hey u dick head ps3 is better than wii, no 360 is the best, Halo ftw life!

Now 360 owners, are you really happy you have people like this on your side?

Wow, with friends like that... Who needs enemies?!

Email: mallrat425@hotmail.com
PSN N...

Knux

Chatham wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

NOTICE THE SITE IS CALL nintendo life NOT hey u dick head ps3 is better than wii, no 360 is the best, Halo ftw life!

@BB Thrilla-Wow, it is nice to know that you are such a nice person. Calling people $%^* is not going to make people see your point, if you have one.

Knux

Bahamut_ZERO

@AlexSays: It personally makes me ashamed I get total dumb/jackasses on my side. It makes it hard for anyone to take someone defending the 360 civilized seriously
However, my opinion is my opinion, I don't need to switch it thanks to stereotypical 360 fanboys.

@Adam: First, I know there are lots of great PS3 exclusives out now (I own both), but I think that making a list of soon-to-come ones isn't great for arguments sake. Remember, they could end up sucking. Imagine if I said Too Human was a reason to buy a 360

Maybe I'm just prejudiced about PC gaming, I hate it, and me (nor a lot of people) have a top of the end PC required to play 360 games with the same quality as that of the actual console. This is actually a perfect example of opinion. In your opinion the PC works fine to play 360 games, and in my opinion I can't stand playing anything on PC. Again opinion. I'm not srguing why the 360 is better than PS3, I'm arguing why I like it more (plus arguing is fun ).
And Braid and Castle Crashers are coming to PSN? Really? Heh. But either way, you could put those under the "get earlier" argument for XBLA then.

Bahamut_ZERO

Ashtrine

nice Chatham just im at a loss of words no so just nice

▲ ▲

M00se

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Chatham wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

@BB Thrilla-Wow, it is nice to know that you are such a nice person. Calling people $%^* is not going to make people see your point, if you have one.

all im trying to say is that this arguing has no point in the first place! who gives a f*** which system is better, just play what YOU feel is better! and im neither on sony nor microsofts side! im a nintendo man!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

J-Man

Problem: Xbox 360 is stealing my oxygen.
Objective: Set it on fire.

J-Man

Adam

That's fine, Bahamut. I respect that. Like I said, I would never deny that there are reasons to own a 360. My presence here is mostly in response to those who were saying the PS3 had no good exclusives or isn't a good system.

The whole "get games earlier" thing, though, is a big part of why I don't like Microsoft. I'd rather support a console that is forward-thinking and producing great, truly exclusive titles than a company that relies instead on rushing products to market before they're ready and using heavy-handed business tactics such as throwing money around to get short temporary exclusives from other developers just to skew perception of the console, despite the so-called exclusives eventually coming out on the PS3 anyway. I'm patient enough that this kind of deception has no appeal to me whatsoever. There are plenty of good games on PS3 already that waiting a year for Braid and Castle Crashers (games that are good but overrated, anyway) is not a big deal.

Come on, friends,

SwerdMurd

This thread was the origin of AIDS.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Adam

Aw man, and I have had an open cut all this time.

Come on, friends,

Ricardo91

AlexSays wrote:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

Wow, I must be the only one who realized he was MOCKING 360 fanboys...

This whole argument is really getting out of hand. Just because the PS3 has more exclusives doesn't mean they're all particularly better than the 360s. Most of the exclusives for the thing I couldn't care less about. As much as I wanted GoWIII, Resistance, and Fat Princess, I just wanted Geometry Wars, Nuts & Bolts, Dead Rising, and the original Xbox games I missed out on more. It's all a matter of preference, people.

And to all of you people running on about how the PS3 is better because it's stronger: Do any of you realize that the more powerful console almost NEVER WINS? The only time that happened was during the 16-bit era, and that was only because of Donkey Kong Country. SMS, N64, Xbox, all consoles that were the most powerful in their time, and they all lost humiliatingly to the weaker systems. So stop using the PS3's higher power as an excuse to say it's better than the 360.

I may get a PS3 sometime down the road, but I love my 360 (despite the lack of a web browser and XBL costs), and I'm not gonna let some Youtube dumbass try to convince me I wasted my money.

And as BAHAMUT ZERO said, the RROD problems's been fixed now, so stop using that to bash the 360 already.

I have some other things to say, but I've expressed those already in that wall of text (which NOONE bothered to read. ) I wrote earlier. This post here will probably go ignored too, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Adam

Wins? Wins what? It's a business about games, but that doesn't make the business itself a game. I couldn't care less who "wins." I don't have stock in either company. Whether PS3 or 360 "wins," both will have "lost" to Wii, and regardless of the outcome of this supposed game, I can still enjoy the heck out of my PS3, so it doesn't make a lick of a difference.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Ricardo91

weirdadam wrote:

Wins? Wins what? It's a business about games, but that doesn't make the business itself a game. I couldn't care less who "wins." I don't have stock in either company. Whether PS3 or 360 "wins," both will have "lost" to Wii, and regardless of the outcome of this supposed game, I can still enjoy the heck out of my PS3, so it doesn't make a lick of a difference.

I don't care about sales numbers either. All I'm saying is that people here are saying that the PS3 is better because of it's more advanced tech specs, and that's not necessarily true.

Edited on by Ricardo91

Adam

I think the main arguments have been the greater number of true exclusives, free internet, and better hardware reliability, actually. I didn't notice much talk at all about advance tech specs except for a few comments about Blurays greater storage capacity, which is quite true, and Kojima himself said it would take too many discs on 360 for MGS4, at least at the time.

Come on, friends,

Firkraag

I have to ask a few questions, what do you get out of this discussion? Why do you have to tell yourselves that the other console is worse then what you have?

Do you guys and girls regret buying your console that much?

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.