Forums

Topic: Why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

Posts 141 to 160 of 340

dagreenone

Since I never owned a PS2, having the backwards compatibility was very compelling for me. I was just waiting for a price drop to pick one up. However since Sony has decided to strip this and other features with each successive new iteration of the console, I have completely lost interest in picking one up.

http://backloggery.com/dagreenone

MetalMario

I just don't see why people have to say which system is better. Just buy all 3!

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Stuffgamer1

@Bahamut ZERO: So if I ask you where on the 360 controller the "Y" button is, you can't tell me without thinking about it or looking at one? Also, the D-pad is a problem for ALL 2D games, and menu-browsing in pretty much all 360 games. Booo!

@Slapshot82: FFXIII will most definitely be at LEAST three discs on Xbox 360, and even then it'll be excessively compressed and not run as nicely/look as good as the PS3 version.

@MetalMario: Not everyone has the money for that, y'know. Personally, I do have all three. I prefer my PS3 to my 360, which actually does matter when you get into multisystem games any way about it.

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1

@SonicMaster: Have you SEEN that game? You think it's gonna all fit on one DVD? Uh-uh. Squenix hasn't made even one single-disc RPG on 360 yet (not counting FFXI, which was an abnormal circumstance to say the least), and the record number of discs on the system is four. The game that has four doesn't look anywhere NEAR as good as FFXIII. So yeah, it'll need a lot of discs.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

SonicMaster

Graphics make it have more discs? Yeah, I guess that's understandable.

SonicMaster

CanisWolfred

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

The game that has four doesn't look anywhere NEAR as good as FFXIII. So yeah, it'll need a lot of discs.

I beg your pardon?! I mean, sure everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but at least wait until you've played those games before your start passing judgment on them. I mean, hell, FFXIII isn't even out yet and we know almost nothing about it. How could you possibly say that it's better?

At least, that's what I would say, if I wanted to be a hypocrite.

But seriously, if FFXIII does somehow turn out to be better than Lost Oddessey(at least, I'm assuming you're talking about Lost Oddessey, correct?), I'll buy you the PS3 to play it on.

EDIT: Oh wait, you meant the graphics?...well, the bets still on!ò_ó

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Slapshot

@Mickeymac.... Actually all it takes is a Japanese PSN account wich most PSN users already have and you can play a nice demo of FF13. The graphics are the best Ive ever seen on any system. Its a well know fact that cell processing is just now being known how to be developed on. Games have to be made in smaller bits and then processed completely differently than any other system wich is a big learning for dev. BUT all of them are starting to come out and say NOW that they are now learning how to use it and the possibilities of what they are starting to come up with are WAY bigger than any of their expections. That comes for "Playstations State of the Union" in PSM magazine where they are interviewing all the dev that develop on PS3.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bahamut_ZERO

@stuffgamer: Yes, I can tell you where Y is without looking. Y is at the top, X on the left, B on the right, A on the bottom, and a clunky d-pad in the bottom left.
@slapshot: I know you're not knocking Halo, but it's not a shmup. It's an FPS. They're too very different genres. That's like calling Mario a sim

Bahamut_ZERO

Rensch

There is one supreme reason the PS3 is the better one and it is simple:

The Xbox 360 has "Microsoft" written on it.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

The_Fox

Rensch wrote:

There is one supreme reason the PS3 is the better one and it is simple:

The Xbox 360 has "Microsoft" written on it.

Oh, you're one of "those" people.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Adam

How do you get to the FFXIII demo from the PSN Japanese store? Could you describe it visually for someone who doesn't know Japanese? I thought it was only available to those who purchased some movie or whatever.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Deadlax

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

The point is that the PS3 is better then the Xbox 360, and there is a ton of proof. I know this more than you guys because I own both consoles. I owned a Xbox 360 since late 2006, and this is my second X360 since my first one crashed. I owned my Wii since late 2007, and except for my Wii not reading Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it has worked nearly perfectly. The Wii is supposed to be techinally inferior to the X360, but the X360 has techinal problems galore. The X360 was released to soon, Microsoft released the X360 a year earlier to get a head start on the competition, but it backfired on them. I used to thought that the X360 was superior then the PS3. But after I bought and played my PS3, I understood how wrong I was.

Is this a joke or what, what evidence besides some dude's video do you have. I do have all all three systems and I think the xbox and ps3 are pretty even, xbl is better and the ps3 bluray is a godsend, not to mention the fatc that i had to buy 60 dollar hdmi cables just to play it. But two questions I have for you is if it sucks then why did you buy two xbox 360's? How did Microsoft's plan backfire on them when they sold more units than Sony's playstation.

Deadlax

Bahamut_ZERO

Or you could just wait for the Advent Children and play the demo in english.

Bahamut_ZERO

Chatham

I have to agree with Sonic on this one. And not just because of BlackBusterCritic from YouTube... I work for MS, there are only 9 FULLY EXCLUSIVE titles for the 360 availible (most of which suck)! That's ridiculous, why would I buy a buggy piece of crap hardware to play the gimped version of a game that would look and play better on PC?! (or in most cases, does)

Case in point, the Xbox3RedRing doesn't have what it takes to last out against Nintendo's innovation and Sony's raw power. No matter how many times they try to reinvent the firmware.

Edited on by Chatham

Email: mallrat425@hotmail.com
PSN N...

TheBaconator

I think PS3 fans make themselves feel better by saying it is better then the 360 because they know they made the wrong system choice. As you can tell I like the 360 better but I really don't hate the PS3 (Alright maybe a little) it is just way to expensive.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Chatham

ballkirby1 wrote:

I think PS3 fans make themselves feel better by saying it is better then the 360 because they know they made the wrong system choice. As you can tell I like the 360 better but I really don't hate the PS3 (Alright maybe a little) it is just way to expensive.

Every person I've known with an XBox3RedRing (save ONE) has had a broken box within a year. Now that's next-gen! That's the way of the future! On the other hand, I have friends who have had PS3s since the JAPANESE launch (Region Free, unlike 3RedRing) and they still work perfectly. Can you put a custom OS on a 360? No you can't, because it's made by Microshaft. So if you love your 360, sit down, strap in your wallet to XBL, and enjoy the disappointment.

Edited on by Chatham

Email: mallrat425@hotmail.com
PSN N...

Adam

Alex, I was asking where in the store the demo is located. I already have a Japanese account open, but thanks.

And it serves you right that you have to link me to everything after I had to revive you every two seconds in the World at War demo. I'm just feigning ignorance as a peculiar form of revenge.

Also, wow, that's a very small number, Chatham. What games are they, out of curiosity? I would have guessed a bit more than that. I assume you aren't counting XBLA games.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Adam

It's really not that funny if you know what he does for them.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.