Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Why people aren't respecting Nintendo?

Showing 21 to 40 of 247

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

21. Posted:

Who cares there's the far more pressing matter of the fact there is no ouya appreciation day, every day that goes by without ratifying this as an international holiday only adds to the disrespect heaped on the beloved ouya.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dreamz

22. Posted:

I agree there's nothing wrong with 'kiddy' games. I have several of them in my library, and enjoy them immensely. But variety is crucial, and right now Nintendo is sorely lacking that. Right now we have a ton of platformers, some casual games like Wii Fit, Sports, Just Dance, etc, and then basically one of each genre. That's not healthy in the long run, and Nintendo is already feeling the crunch from it.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DualWielding

23. Posted:

I don't respect Nintendo because they don't respect me all their anti-consumer policies are very insulting..... that said I still gave them lots of money on my 3DS and tons of games because the thing is just that awesome

DualWielding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

24. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

I agree there's nothing wrong with 'kiddy' games. I have several of them in my library, and enjoy them immensely. But variety is crucial, and right now Nintendo is sorely lacking that. Right now we have a ton of platformers, some casual games like Wii Fit, Sports, Just Dance, etc, and then basically one of each genre. That's not healthy in the long run, and Nintendo is already feeling the crunch from it.

What about FPS games that are a lot from Sony and Microsoft? They also don't have much of variety here.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

25. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

I agree there's nothing wrong with 'kiddy' games. I have several of them in my library, and enjoy them immensely. But variety is crucial, and right now Nintendo is sorely lacking that. Right now we have a ton of platformers, some casual games like Wii Fit, Sports, Just Dance, etc, and then basically one of each genre. That's not healthy in the long run, and Nintendo is already feeling the crunch from it.

What about FPS games that are a lot from Sony and Microsoft? They also don't have much of variety here.

Sony is region free and has countless japanese games.
Sony also has platformers and some(not many) kid friendly games.
Microsoft..................... point taken for XBox but PC has a lot of variety.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

26. Posted:

Actually FPS games can be extremely varied, in no way shape or form does Dues Ex HR play like Portal for example, FPS games normally combine other genre's into the mix to well mix things up basically.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DualWielding

27. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

What about FPS games that are a lot from Sony and Microsoft? They also don't have much of variety here.

I'm not familiar with Microsoft's lineup but on the PS3 there is lot of variety they have more than Nintendo of every genre other than platformers or party games...... I think they bit Nintendo on variety only with third party games and that's without counting Sony first party output which you may not think is as good as Nintendo but its clearly more varied.

DualWielding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

28. Posted:

@ferthepoet for someone who doesn't respect Nintendo you're being pretty polite :p

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Zombie_Barioth

29. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

I agree there's nothing wrong with 'kiddy' games. I have several of them in my library, and enjoy them immensely. But variety is crucial, and right now Nintendo is sorely lacking that. Right now we have a ton of platformers, some casual games like Wii Fit, Sports, Just Dance, etc, and then basically one of each genre. That's not healthy in the long run, and Nintendo is already feeling the crunch from it.

What about FPS games that are a lot from Sony and Microsoft? They also don't have much of variety here.

Sony only has Killzone and Resistance, Microsoft has Halo and Gears of War, the rest are 3rd-party. There are a lot of shooters but theres also a lot of other stuff as well.

With the Wii for ever Fire Emblem or Metroid we got 2-3 Wii-series, Mario, or some other Mass-appeal game. Two out of 3 Pokemon games for it were in-fact mini-game compilations, they were made to be as kiddie and casual as Pokemon gets. The Wii U isn't looking to do much better. Most of their releases have been these same type of games that over-whelmed the rest of the Wii's library.

Zombie_Barioth

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

30. Posted:

Reala wrote:

Actually FPS games can be extremely varied, in no way shape or form does Dues Ex HR play like Portal for example, FPS games normally combine other genre's into the mix to well mix things up basically.

Same can be said for Platform games as well.

First of all, While I agree that Nintendo has lots of platform games, they do have a lot of other genres too such as RPG, Adventure and puzzle. They just did Steel Diver: Sub Wars so isn't that good enough for you?

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

I agree there's nothing wrong with 'kiddy' games. I have several of them in my library, and enjoy them immensely. But variety is crucial, and right now Nintendo is sorely lacking that. Right now we have a ton of platformers, some casual games like Wii Fit, Sports, Just Dance, etc, and then basically one of each genre. That's not healthy in the long run, and Nintendo is already feeling the crunch from it.

What about FPS games that are a lot from Sony and Microsoft? They also don't have much of variety here.

Sony is region free and has countless japanese games.
Sony also has platformers and some(not many) kid friendly games.
Microsoft..................... point taken for XBox but PC has a lot of variety.

I assure you that if Sony were first party devs, they would do the same thing that Nintendo does. Since Sony relies on third party devs more than anything else, Sony has to make it region free.

Also you say that Sony has countless Japanese games........umm......so Nintendo doesn't because they don't have many devs to make games for them despite the huge install base the 3DS has?

I'll agree that PC is the easiest way of gaming but even PC is slowly dying out even with Steam.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

31. Posted:

@ArtWark Sony has a lot of quality first-party developers. In fact, Sony's first-party is so good that it rivals Nintendo's first-party. Their games have a lot of variety too.

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

32. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

Reala wrote:

Actually FPS games can be extremely varied, in no way shape or form does Dues Ex HR play like Portal for example, FPS games normally combine other genre's into the mix to well mix things up basically.

Same can be said for Platform games as well.

First of all, While I agree that Nintendo has lots of platform games, they do have a lot of other genres too such as RPG, Adventure and puzzle. They just did Steel Diver: Sub Wars so isn't that good enough for you?

Who me? I've had no desire to play it even though its free so couldn't fairly comment on it, sounds mildly more interesting to me than the billionth Mario plastered over whatever game is due next, but I wouldn't claim to be jumping up for joy that nintendo decided to experiment with free to play mini games amongst a tidal wave of Mario, Mario and more Mario though, though the fact those sell shows there's a hell of a lot of people out there more than content with the situation which is fine for them, not so good for the rest of us though.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

33. Posted:

@Artwark the difference, once again is that Sony is region free, many games never get Localized but you still can have them.
and believe me, 90% of the japanese games never get released out of Japan.

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Swiket

34. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

I'll agree that PC is the easiest way of gaming but even PC is slowly dying out even with Steam.

What makes you say that?

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DualWielding

35. Posted:

@Artwark region locking exist for price gouging, it exists to protect Japanese sellers from competition from cheaper European and N.A imports and to protect European and Australian sellers from competition from cheaper U.S....... Imports but the thing is not working for Nintendo at least here in Australia.... you'll think retailers woudl strongly support the Wii U because of its region lock, but no Wii U shelf space in Australian retailers is almost non-existant.... why.... it doesn't sell........ retailers still prefer a console that sells even if its region free than a region locked one that doesn't sell.... and region lock is one of the reasons puts many people off NIntendo console....... If you buy a PS4 and want Second Son at launch you can buy it for $100 at a local Australian retailer or get a US PSN cash card online and get the game from the U.S. PS Store at $60.... On the Wii U your choice is buying 3D World for $100 at launch from Australian local retailer or Change the region of your system to the European Eshop and get it for about $80...... Region lock makes Nintendo games much more expensive than the competion

DualWielding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

36. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Artwark wrote:

I'll agree that PC is the easiest way of gaming but even PC is slowly dying out even with Steam.

What makes you say that?

maybe he got things mixed up, desktops are dying because it's not as profitable as a laptop, you can just buy new parts to cover what breaks or gets underpowered. in laptops you have to buy a whole new laptop at a higher price.
but PC gaming, it's here to stay.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DualWielding

37. Posted:

@Artwark Most Nintendo first party games follow this conventions: Graphics are cartoony, Protagonist is silent or have very little dialogue and has no clear personality and no clear motivations for doing what they do, story is of the excuse plot variety (only fire emblem game have a little bit of story and they are still light on story for their genre), I'm not saying those things are bad, but when you have no third party support the lack of games with realistic graphics and story driven games really shows........

DualWielding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

38. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

@ArtWark Sony has a lot of quality first-party developers. In fact, Sony's first-party is so good that it rivals Nintendo's first-party. Their games have a lot of variety too.

While that maybe true, it also isn't as critical as what Nintendo games are. Atleast with Nintendo, they experiment a lot but Sony just doesn't do that. Infact most of the PS4 and Vita features are just useless and don't have much of a selling point.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

39. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

@Artwark Most Nintendo first party games follow this conventions: Graphics are cartoony, Protagonist is silent or have very little dialogue and has no clear personality and no clear motivations for doing what they do, story is of the excuse plot variety (only fire emblem game have a little bit of story and they are still light on story for their genre), I'm not saying those things are bad, but when you have no third party support the lack of games with realistic graphics and story driven games really shows........

Same can be said for Sony. Most are realistic big time and have that same gameplay aspect.

Seriously, there are only four of the New Super Mario Bros games out of which only one of them isn't that great.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DualWielding

40. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

@Artwark Most Nintendo first party games follow this conventions: Graphics are cartoony, Protagonist is silent or have very little dialogue and has no clear personality and no clear motivations for doing what they do, story is of the excuse plot variety (only fire emblem game have a little bit of story and they are still light on story for their genre), I'm not saying those things are bad, but when you have no third party support the lack of games with realistic graphics and story driven games really shows........

Same can be said for Sony. Most are realistic big time and have that same gameplay aspect.

Seriously, there are only four of the New Super Mario Bros games out of which only one of them isn't that great.

Most but not all there are plenty of Cartoony games (Little Big Planet, R & C, Sly Cooper, All Stars) while Nintendo does not have a single first party realistic looking game..

DualWielding