Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Why people aren't respecting Nintendo?

Showing 141 to 160 of 247

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

141. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I don't see how you could pass up a price like that, even with the current library. The Wii U still has more games than PS4 or Xbox One, and it's cheaper.

£150 = $207

People are paying $300 for a new one, or $200 for a refurbished console, but the launch price WAS pretty high in Europe.

Most places are selling it for around £200 now in the UK not sure about the rest of EU.

SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

142. Posted:

Man so many threads on these site become astroturf for Nintendo these days.

To the original question its a combination of a lot of gamers today grew up with the 32 bit era and above meaning they probably had sony or Microsoft systems. The 2nd is Nintendo eff'd up pretty badly with the Wii U.

To the 2nd nonsense being talked about its not hard to understand why the Wii U isn't woth the $300 compared to a Xbox One or PS4.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

sub12

143. Posted:

I think a lot of the disrespect, if you want to even call it that, from the 20 and above crowd is the feeling that they are being generally ignored by Nintendo. While Sony and Microsoft market to this crowd actively, and at least give the notion that they listen, Nintendo does not do the same. During the 90s, although Nintendo still maintained a family friendly image, they were also able to remain on top as far as maintaining the technical lead and also catering to a wide variety of gamers..........now we get Nintendo Land on a system which has more in common with the consoles released 8 years ago in comparison to the Xbone and PS4.

sub12

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

144. Posted:

To be fair, anyone that gets a home console solely for technical power/graphics is an idiot and should be ignored. Not just because going for more power is a terrible idea that will needlessly cost more companies and thus more people's jobs and trying to justify that in order to play more brown shooters because you're too scared to play games your friends don't have makes you a pathetic human being, but because high-end PCs will always outdo them easily. If I cared, I would have gotten a really good gaming PC and been done with it already.

I agree with the logic that no one of value is fully disrespecting Nintendo because that is a terrible idea if you have any respect for gaming as a whole, especially compared to how most major gaming companies act and treat their own customers or their own franchises nowadays compared to Nintendo. They just find it frustrating and want Nintendo to do better, even if some of them don't realize how idiotic and shortsighted their ideas of how to "improve" Nintendo are,

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

PvtOttobot

145. Posted:

In High-school, RIGHT NOW, so many people hate on Nintendo for no reason. It's simple though, these people are all the 'popular kids', they get popular by making the right friends, saying the right stuff and doing the right things. Right now Sony and Microsoft are the 'cool thing' since they cater to the over 18s who run the internet, which in turn caters to the 12-18s who suck up anything youtube dishes them out. Dissing Nintendo literally GAINS you 'popularity points' at my school! Luckily for me I have a reputation for beating on anyone who disses me (and I got a pretty freaking built body too!), this means I can take out my 3DS at lunch, anyone else would instantly get the age old phrase "Are you playing Pokeemon!?" followed by hysterical laughter at the mere mention of the game. Deep down in everyone's (non-gamers) hearts, they all love Nintendo for their childhood memories, it's just not cool to express that right now :)

Edited on by PvtOttobot

Up for some multi player? call 0762 NNID PvtOttobot ;) Monster Hunter: Bowmaster for the win!! -//- Zelda: Twilight Princess but HD and WAY better please -//- Ghost Recon Phantoms: Two year vet... still not on Wii U. -//- Life: Skateboarding, Working out, Bass and above all, God.

Nintendo Network ID: PvtOttobot

AuthorMessage

Zombie_Barioth

146. Posted:

@Pvtottobot
Thats nothing really new either, its no different than the SNES vs. Genesis days. The Genesis was the 'cool' kid's console, and Sonic was the the 'cool' game. Kids always wanna feel mature and grown up, and they think hating on things that are "kiddie" is the ticket. Sadly there are plenty of adults that think the same way.

I think the whole 'disrespect' or whatever you wanna call it is rather overblown though. Not just because a lot of it isn't as malicious as people believe, but Nintendo has been plenty popular despite that. All the hate for Mario, Pokemon, and co. certainly hasn't stopped them from selling millions, and even tens of millions. Heck, those two alone are the two biggest, most lucrative franchises in the industry.

Edited on by Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

147. Posted:

there's also that thing out of every 10 Pokémon haters(but the "real deal" haters that make sure they say how they dislike Pokémon in very single chance possible) 5 actually are Pokémon players.

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

148. Posted:

PvtOttobot wrote:

In High-school, RIGHT NOW, so many people hate on Nintendo for no reason. It's simple though, these people are all the 'popular kids', they get popular by making the right friends, saying the right stuff and doing the right things. Right now Sony and Microsoft are the 'cool thing' since they cater to the over 18s who run the internet, which in turn caters to the 12-18s who suck up anything youtube dishes them out. Dissing Nintendo literally GAINS you 'popularity points' at my school! Luckily for me I have a reputation for beating on anyone who disses me (and I got a pretty freaking built body too!), this means I can take out my 3DS at lunch, anyone else would instantly get the age old phrase "Are you playing Pokeemon!?" followed by hysterical laughter at the mere mention of the game. Deep down in everyone's (non-gamers) hearts, they all love Nintendo for their childhood memories, it's just not cool to express that right now :)

You are so lucky when I was on school gaming was uncool period, no matter which console you had

DualWielding

AuthorMessage

RR529

149. Posted:

In high school, I never saw anyone hating Nintendo.

Yes, while Halo & CoD were the "cool" games to be playing, one of the players on the basketball team had a DS and played Pokémon Diamond. There was another guy who was a part of the "popular" crowd who regularly wore Pokémon shirts, once showed off his rare Pokémon cards during homeroom, and once even brought an original brick GameBoy to school & was playing Tetris, lol.

Also, even though I loved Nintendo, that didn't stop me from friending people from school on XBL, & playing some CoD online now & again.

So yeah, I never had an issue liking Nintendo in high school.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

150. Posted:

At middle school(Yah im in 8Grade) mostly everyone plays Xbox and its only the smarter kids that play nintendo & sony.

All the "Popular kids" stick to their iphones lol

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

151. Posted:

The Gamecube is a popular console in my area, so Nintendo isn't really hated, it's just off the radar.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

152. Posted:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

The Gamecube is a popular console in my area, so Nintendo isn't really hated, it's just off the radar.

same here, except the WiiU, some people go as far to say they'd rather get a brick than a WiiU.... :O

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Aviator

153. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

At middle school(Yah im in 8Grade) mostly everyone plays Xbox and its only the smarter kids that play nintendo & sony.

All the "Popular kids" stick to their iphones lol

The day we let high school kids decide how the world should run is the day I drown myself.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

torotoid64

154. Posted:

Nintendo is pretty well accepted in my area :D the older teens do have manly Xbox and Sony systems however no one bashes Nintendo or considers people who play it uncool in my area as a kid there was this arcade / pizzeria that had donkey Kong,street fighter and other classics :D

torotoid64

Twitter: Mattchuspie

AuthorMessage

Mus1cLov3r

155. Posted:

@ShadyKnights clap clap That was an amazing post!

Shikamaru is the best Naruto character!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6362-7632 | Nintendo Network ID: MusicLov3r

AuthorMessage

Mus1cLov3r

156. Posted:

@MAN1AC More like:

Amazing hardware
Fair prices
Great First-party and Third-party
And I don't care about region-locking...

AuthorMessage

Reala

157. Posted:

MusicLov3r wrote:

@MAN1AC More like:

Amazing hardware
Fair prices
Great First-party and Third-party
And I don't care about region-locking...

Wii u has great 3rd party support? in what galaxy? its not this one, don't get me wrong I'd take a wii u over PS4 and xbone but lets not mask the wii u's obvious lack of 3rd party support and say its not really true, that's just straying into pure fantasy land.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

158. Posted:

Tangential reply here, but it's funny how widely accepted gaming in general is in schools according to posters in this thread. Back when I was in grade school (which admittedly wasn't too long ago), video games as a whole were inferior to sports and the like. Or maybe that's just because I'm Australian and our outdoors are pretty awesome. A lot of the time I'm still treating gaming as a secret shame, and I feel that would be the case no matter what I played.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Mus1cLov3r

159. Posted:

Maybe not to you, but to me their 3rd-party support is good..

AuthorMessage

HylianJowi

160. Posted:

I just want Nintendo to get their head in the online game. Specifically, there's no reason a company of their high profile should lack a unified account system. I can buy a PSone classic game online from my computer, then download it to my PSP or PS3 using any number of easy methods. With Nintendo, their online store is stuck in the early 2000s, and it's very hard to justify purchasing digital games from them when they offer little protection for your money.

HylianJowi

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9360-6763 | Nintendo Network ID: JowiStinks | Twitter: HylianJowi