Forums

Topic: Why people aren't respecting Nintendo?

Posts 141 to 160 of 237

GuSolarFlare

there's also that thing out of every 10 Pokémon haters(but the "real deal" haters that make sure they say how they dislike Pokémon in very single chance possible) 5 actually are Pokémon players.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

DualWielding

PvtOttobot wrote:

In High-school, RIGHT NOW, so many people hate on Nintendo for no reason. It's simple though, these people are all the 'popular kids', they get popular by making the right friends, saying the right stuff and doing the right things. Right now Sony and Microsoft are the 'cool thing' since they cater to the over 18s who run the internet, which in turn caters to the 12-18s who suck up anything youtube dishes them out. Dissing Nintendo literally GAINS you 'popularity points' at my school! Luckily for me I have a reputation for beating on anyone who disses me (and I got a pretty freaking built body too!), this means I can take out my 3DS at lunch, anyone else would instantly get the age old phrase "Are you playing Pokeemon!?" followed by hysterical laughter at the mere mention of the game. Deep down in everyone's (non-gamers) hearts, they all love Nintendo for their childhood memories, it's just not cool to express that right now

You are so lucky when I was on school gaming was uncool period, no matter which console you had

PSN: Fertheseeker

RR529

In high school, I never saw anyone hating Nintendo.

Yes, while Halo & CoD were the "cool" games to be playing, one of the players on the basketball team had a DS and played Pokémon Diamond. There was another guy who was a part of the "popular" crowd who regularly wore Pokémon shirts, once showed off his rare Pokémon cards during homeroom, and once even brought an original brick GameBoy to school & was playing Tetris, lol.

Also, even though I loved Nintendo, that didn't stop me from friending people from school on XBL, & playing some CoD online now & again.

So yeah, I never had an issue liking Nintendo in high school.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Sleepingmudkip

At middle school(Yah im in 8Grade) mostly everyone plays Xbox and its only the smarter kids that play nintendo & sony.

All the "Popular kids" stick to their iphones lol

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

SomeBitTripFan

The Gamecube is a popular console in my area, so Nintendo isn't really hated, it's just off the radar.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

GuSolarFlare

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

The Gamecube is a popular console in my area, so Nintendo isn't really hated, it's just off the radar.

same here, except the WiiU, some people go as far to say they'd rather get a brick than a WiiU....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Aviator

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

At middle school(Yah im in 8Grade) mostly everyone plays Xbox and its only the smarter kids that play nintendo & sony.

All the "Popular kids" stick to their iphones lol

The day we let high school kids decide how the world should run is the day I drown myself.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

ZurrrrBlattTron

Nintendo is pretty well accepted in my area the older teens do have manly Xbox and Sony systems however no one bashes Nintendo or considers people who play it uncool in my area as a kid there was this arcade / pizzeria that had donkey Kong,street fighter and other classics

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

bleedinmagic81

@MAN1AC More like:

Amazing hardware
Fair prices
Great First-party and Third-party
And I don't care about region-locking...

Give us Mother 3, Nintendo

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6362-7632 | Nintendo Network ID: MusicLov3r

Reala

MusicLov3r wrote:

@MAN1AC More like:

Amazing hardware
Fair prices
Great First-party and Third-party
And I don't care about region-locking...

Wii u has great 3rd party support? in what galaxy? its not this one, don't get me wrong I'd take a wii u over PS4 and xbone but lets not mask the wii u's obvious lack of 3rd party support and say its not really true, that's just straying into pure fantasy land.

Reala

Magikarp3

Tangential reply here, but it's funny how widely accepted gaming in general is in schools according to posters in this thread. Back when I was in grade school (which admittedly wasn't too long ago), video games as a whole were inferior to sports and the like. Or maybe that's just because I'm Australian and our outdoors are pretty awesome. A lot of the time I'm still treating gaming as a secret shame, and I feel that would be the case no matter what I played.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

bleedinmagic81

Maybe not to you, but to me their 3rd-party support is good..

Give us Mother 3, Nintendo

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6362-7632 | Nintendo Network ID: MusicLov3r

HylianJowi

I just want Nintendo to get their head in the online game. Specifically, there's no reason a company of their high profile should lack a unified account system. I can buy a PSone classic game online from my computer, then download it to my PSP or PS3 using any number of easy methods. With Nintendo, their online store is stuck in the early 2000s, and it's very hard to justify purchasing digital games from them when they offer little protection for your money.

HylianJowi

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9360-6763 | My Nintendo: HylianJowi | Nintendo Network ID: JowiStinks

Reala

MusicLov3r wrote:

Maybe not to you, but to me their 3rd-party support is good..

You'd have been in heaven during the gamecube era if you think wii u's 3rd party support is good, they had more than 3 big 3rd parties constantly supporting, gamecube era would have knocked your socks off, heck they even had continued multi platform support by golly

Reala

SCRAPPER392

HylianJowi wrote:

I just want Nintendo to get their head in the online game. Specifically, there's no reason a company of their high profile should lack a unified account system. I can buy a PSone classic game online from my computer, then download it to my PSP or PS3 using any number of easy methods. With Nintendo, their online store is stuck in the early 2000s, and it's very hard to justify purchasing digital games from them when they offer little protection for your money.

They are working on it, though. The 3DS can use the NNID to activate or deactivate your system. The Wii U doesn't have it yet, but they are getting there. They announced eShop purchases from any device with internet, back at E3 2012(the same time they announced Miiverse for 3DS, PC, etc.).

So, ya. They are working on getting these things working, but in a very slow and in a uninformative manner.
The NNID tracks your money, too, they just haven't set it up, so that consumers have immediate access on their Wii U(3DS already does this).

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Doma

Here are few examples, OP. Do you think Nintendo deserves respect for any of the following practices?

• Region locking
  • Overpriced games
  • Lacking a proper account system
  • Making no effort whatsoever to communicate with their customers
  • An almost constantly barren game line-up
  • Dumbing down or ignoring games/series that had any depth to them (Metroid, Fire Emblem etc.)

Doma

3DS Friend Code: 1676-4095-0912

Samurai_Goroh

How is Nintendo ignoring Fire Emblem or Metroid? Both had new instalments recently (Metroid: Other M and Fire Emblem: Awakening) and Fire Emblem is still getting a cross-over game on Wii U with SMT. If you want to whine over neglected Nintendo series talk about F-Zero or Starfox.

Samurai_Goroh

GuSolarFlare

Doma wrote:

Here are few examples, OP. Do you think Nintendo deserves respect for any of the following practices?

• Region locking
  • Overpriced games
  • Lacking a proper account system
  • An almost constantly barren game line-up
  • Dumbing down or ignoring games/series that had any depth to them (Metroid, Fire Emblem etc.)

ok 3.5 points that are off the mark here:
Nintendo games are cheaper than Sony and Microsoft games, at least where I live(NOT COUNTING DIGITAL)
they have Nintendo Directs, if that's not an effort to reach out the costumers I don't know what it is
their lineup isn't barren so often(or at least wasn't until some years ago... >.>)
Fire Emblem isn't ignored and the only real dumbing down I've seen is the 100% optional casual mode in Awakening, can't talk about Metroid because I haven't played Other M.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Samurai_Goroh

Doma wrote:

They don't communicate with their consumers? What's Nintendo Direct about then? For what purpose do they maintain Twitter/Facebook accounts (with Cranky Kong on it)? Why do they advertise on television and other media?

Samurai_Goroh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.