Forums

Topic: When playing a new game do you....

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

Link79

A. Race to the finish and worry about extras and unlockables later.
B. Go for 100% completion on your first playthrough.

Personally I like to get on with the story and worry about the extra stuff later. If I focused on getting everything I'd never get to the end. Then again if I rush the game is over quicker and I feel I should have paced myself.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

bro2dragons

i play as the game makes me feel. if it's a slower-paced exploration game (Metroid) or a strategy or RPG (Fire Emblem) i try to find and do as much as i can as i go, because that's where the core fun is.

if it's a platformer or action game, or shooter or something on those lines with a faster pace, i'll play through the levels and may try side-paths from time to time, but won't really push it if they're too long, or too hard, or i just simply want to see what happens next.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

HolyMackerel

C. Play through with the intention of having as much fun and involvement as possible.

If I really enjoy it, I'll play it through again (preferably using New Game+) with a walkthrough for 100% completion.

HolyMackerel

the_shpydar

Depends on the game. Something like Mario, i'll do my best towards collecting everything the first playthrough, but not go nuts if i miss some stuff since i know i'll go back to it later.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

CanisWolfred

HolyMackerel wrote:

C. Play through with the intention of having as much fun and involvement as possible.

If I really enjoy it, I'll play it through again (preferably using New Game+) with a walkthrough for 100% completion.

That's generally what I do, though usually I'll go back to an earlier save and do completion stuff like in Kingdom Hearts and Metroidvanias.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jnes4

I'll go with HolyMackerel as well
because I'd rather have fun playing a game than any other of those options

But if I had to be fair, I would go with answer A

Do games need to be epic ?... or fun ?...
Game reviewer of http://wiiwarewave.forumotion.com
Wii #: 0018 2269 1524 9019 (codename Jnes)
Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX

Hokori

B. Go for 100% completion on your first playthrough. or at least try, Im trying to 100% some hard games DQ9, MH3, Daigasso Band Brother DX. but also easy ones I havent played in a while Kirby 64, Kirby DL3, SM64, Sm64 DS, SMS

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

irken004

I usually just go through it casually, but for some games (like Arkham Asylum), I'll go out of my way to find secrets if I can find them.

Platypus

I only get 100% in a game when it's really fun or worth it to do so.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

MetalMario

I get as much as I can, and then go back for the rest.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Raylax

I tend to get pushed forward by the story, which prevents me from wanting to bother 100%ing it on the first run through. I'd rather find out what happens next (which is why storyline-less games such as puzzlers and MMOs generally bore the pants off me)

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

FonistofCruxis

I normally leave most extras 'til after I've beaten the game but I may get some along the way. Although, if an rpg doesn't let you carry on after the final boss then I'll play through the game 'til I'm ready to face the final boss and then do the extras before facing the final boss.

CanisWolfred

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I normally leave most extras 'til after I've beaten the game but I may get some along the way. Although, if an rpg doesn't let you carry on after the final boss then I'll play through the game 'til I'm ready to face the final boss and then do the extras before facing the final boss.

Assuming you can go back.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JGMR

Depends entirely on the game itself. DKCR is a game that begs to be unlocked before completion, while Goldeneye was a game i wanted to enjoy just by playing trough.

With kind regards,

JGMR

NeoShinobi

I usually don't do either...

.... or something like that.

Weskerb

Normally A. Unless I'm enjoying the game so much I want to prolong it. I've tried playing it the B way but it gets a bit frustrating and also once you've copleted it you've got nothing to go back for.

Weskerb

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.