Forums

Topic: What Game "Made" 2010?

Posts 41 to 54 of 54

SuperMarioRacoon

God of War 3, greatest hack´n slay action adventure game of all time.

SuperMarioRacoon used Tail Whip !

DavynD

Best Graphics: God of War III (PS3)
Best FPS: Halo: Reach (360)
Best RPG: Pokemon HeartGold (DS)
Best Value: The Sly Collection (PS3)
Best "Little" Game: Age of Zombies (PSP/PS3)

And now.... Drumroll My absolute Game of the Year is...
Untitled
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the perfect portable game. It's got the production value of a full-fledged PS3 title and is one of the greatest co-op games I've played. This game had everything. It even had a talking cat, a Rathalos, a hilarious cameo from Hideo Kojima himself, and a disturbing, borderline-pedophile scene. What more could you ask for?

Now, if I were to cheat a little bit here, my true GOTY would be Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition. I just recently finished it, and technically this reprint was released this year. Not only is it the best PS3 game I currently own, it's one of the best games of any console that I've ever owned.

"Where are all the Sour Patch Parents?"

NotEnoughGolds

Absolutely no one has mentioned it yet, so I will.
Just Cause 2.
Absolutely amazing.

NotEnoughGolds

Lotice-Paladin

V8+Ninja wrote:

With the year coming to an end, we all must reflect on what game was our biggest/most important/stand-out/whatever game. So, what game "Made" 2010? What game were you most hyped for? What game was your most unexpected treat? What game made you loose faith in the game making industry? What game personally rocked your world?

What game "Made" 2010? - Everyone: Super Mario Galaxy 2. Me: Valkyria Chronicles 2

What game were you most hyped for? - Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing...and it was damn good!

What game was your most unexpected treat? - Golden Sun: Dark Dawn...although I wasn't hyped about it (being a day one fan), I got my share of joy through it.

What game made you loose faith in the game making industry? - Probably Epic Mickey....hyped up and then let down by the sales and mediocre score....then Disney decide to pull the plug on investing.

What game personally rocked your world? - Valkyria Chronicles 2...it obtained hours of my life (in a good way).

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

Popyman

^ What are you talking about? Epic Mickey sold fine. And not all scores were bad, BUT they are irrelevant if you never played it. I might be wrong about that, but your post makes it sound like you just read reviews and didn't bother trying it for yourself...

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Lotice-Paladin

Popyman wrote:

^ What are you talking about? Epic Mickey sold fine. And not all scores were bad, BUT they are irrelevant if you never played it. I might be wrong about that, but your post makes it sound like you just read reviews and didn't bother trying it for yourself...

It sold fine if you are considering a few months...but when you see it now it's not really around anymore (they only just released adverts for it now).

I haven't played it no but I have looked in the impressions thread out of interest and it seems everyone has a problem with some aspects of the game. There are no Wii demos so how can I play it? (rental is out of the question in the UK too due to rising costs)

Even if I haven't played it, the combination of no word of mouth (the little there is being negative at the least, moderate at best), average sales and the announcement of Junction Point disbanding makes it bad for the industry for the latter reason.

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

Popyman

Starlight wrote:

Popyman wrote:

It sold fine if you are considering a few months...but when you see it now it's not really around anymore (they only just released adverts for it now).

I haven't played it no but I have looked in the impressions thread out of interest and it seems everyone has a problem with some aspects of the game. There are no Wii demos so how can I play it? (rental is out of the question in the UK too due to rising costs)

Even if I haven't played it, the combination of no word of mouth (the little there is being negative at the least, moderate at best), average sales and the announcement of Junction Point disbanding makes it bad for the industry for the latter reason.

Oh, you're in the UK. Epic Mickey is totally everywhere here in the US. TV channels showed ads for it a month or so before and after release, and Disney Channel still shows stuff about it.

Then Epic Mickey should by no means be your most hated of 2010 or whatever if you never even played it...And you could always, y'know, BUY it. Return it later if you don't like it.

One million+ sales is FAR from bad. And I have no clue where you got the idea that Junction Point was disbanded, all I can find is that Disney layed-off a lot of their video game development part (not just Junction Point. In fact, they saw the least amount of lay-offs).

Edited on by Popyman

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Mabbit

Street Fighter 2010 created the year 2010

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

jenny24

Ahh so many good games, so many memories. It sounds kinda lame but for me the kicking off of ZooMumba was the highlight for me Such a cute game, even if it is a bit lame hehe

Edited on by jenny24

jenny24

Highwinter

2010 wasn't a brilliant year for gaming. Mass Effect 2 was definitely the biggest game for me, simply for its story, characters and universe. As a fan of westerns, I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption a lot too, the end was truly amazing.

War for Cybertron was pretty generic as a game but gave me a version of Transformers I've always wanted. It used the classic designs but updated them enough to not look boxy and dated. I really loved it, but f you're not a fan of the old G1 show, definitely give it a miss.

I can't think of anything else in 2010 that was truly amazing. I'm not going to count Minecraft, because that was released in 2009.. and it'd be silly to count each and every version release as a new game.

Highwinter

Ravage

Minecraft is still in beta. It hasn't met its official release.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Highwinter

Yeah, that's sort of what I meant. The first version was in 2009, either count that one as "GoTY" or wait for the final release.

Highwinter

Ravage

I disagree, it is more like game of every year.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.