Forums

Topic: What Game "Made" 2010?

Posts 1 to 20 of 54

V8_Ninja

With the year coming to an end, we all must reflect on what game was our biggest/most important/stand-out/whatever game. So, what game "Made" 2010? What game were you most hyped for? What game was your most unexpected treat? What game made you loose faith in the game making industry? What game personally rocked your world?

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

The_Fox

I can't really say any game made 2010 for me, but Mass Effect 2 certainly rocked my world. I was probably most hyped for DKCR (and I can't say it let me down).

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Odnetnin
  • Most hyped? BIT.TRIP FATE (though it didn't meet my expectations)
  • Unexpected treat? Super Scribblenauts (though I hated the first one)
  • Faith-obliterater? Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (though I love it to death)
  • World-rocker? BIT.TRIP RUNNER, Cave Story (DSi & Wii), Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Meat Boy, or VVVVVV (though they are all deserving, I must choose the following as the game that "made" 2010 for me...)
  • Year-maker? Erm....uh...Super Me--no Cave Story, except then RUNNER won't get the honor, and Galaxy 2 was so dang addictive... Then I'll choose VVVVVV. Yes, VVVVVV. VVVVVV: The Game that Made Odnetnin's 2010 has a nice ring to it.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

RowdyRodimus
  • Most hyped? Transformers: War for Cybertron
  • Unexpected treat? Borderlands
  • Faith-obliterater? Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions
  • World-rocker? Red Dead Redemption
    (Stole Odnetnins formatting because it made it a lot easier. Thanks for that OD)

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

cheetahman91

Most hyped: Donkey Kong Country Returns.
Unexpected treat: Didn't really have one.
Faith-obilterater: Didn't have one for this either, but my biggest let-down for this year was Lost Planet 2.
World Rocker: Cave Story.
Year Maker: Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Wildvine53
  • Most hyped? Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (So far it's lived up to the hype)
  • Unexpected treat? Kirby's Epic Yarn and Daniel X: Ultimate Power
  • Faith-obliterater? Last Window ( Not the game itself, just the fact that it hasn't been released in NA yet)
  • World-rocker? Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

LzWinky

Most hyped: Golden Sun DD
Most unexpected treat: Epic Mickey
Faith Obliterater: Hmmm, I'll get back on this one
World Rocker: Golden Sun

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

A) I forgot, probably SMT: Strange Journey
B) Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
C) Nintendo made a cash-in compilation, and it's selling well.
D) SMT: Strange Journey

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SuperMarioFan96

Most Hyped: BIT.TRIP FATE (still awesome but didn't live up to said hype that was cause by RUNNER)
Unexpected Treat: Just Dance 2, no question. RUNNER would probably be second, I was expecting it to be good but never imagined it would be THAT good.
Faith-obliterator: Hmmm hard to say... arguably Super Mario All Stars but I'm not sure.
World Rocker: Super Mario Galaxy 2.... BIT.TRIP RUNNER and Donkey Kong Country Returns were both awesome too (I'm only in world 5 of Donkey Kong so it could arguably get more awesome).

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

LordJumpMad

Hard to Say, The Wii just Rock this Year.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Kid_A

What game made 2010 for me? Hrm...I'd probably have to say Red Dead Redemption. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the most flawlessly executed game of the year, but as far as the most emotionally absorbing, transporting and moving gaming experience of the year, Red Dead is peerless. Is it flawed? Yes, and quite heavily at that. But this is a game that was truly better than the sum of its parts.

Still have Heavy Rain on my to-play list and I have a feeling it's going to be pretty mind-blowing so I can't definitively say what the best game of 2010 yet

EDIT: Just read the thread topic. I'm liking these categories so I'll add them in.

What game were you most hyped for: Tough call. A three-way tie between Metroid Other M, Goldeneye and Mario Galaxy 2. Each delivered beautifully in their respective fields.
What game was your most unexpected treat: Epic Mickey. Wasn't expecting much out of this one, but it ended up being a surprisingly brilliant game.
What game made you [question your] faith in the game making industry: Michael Jackson: The Experience
What game personally rocked your world: Metroid Other M. Not sure if you've heard, but I rather liked this one

Edited on by Kid_A

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Punny

Most Hyped: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Most Unexpected Treat: And Yet it Moves
Faith Obliterator: Metroid: Other M's story
World Rocker: Donkey Kong Country Returns

I'm back (for the moment)!

ASDFGHJKL

Most Hyped: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Most Unexpected Treat: The rise of iOS gaming
Faith Obliterator: My Wii breaking (I never really got very disappointed with a single game though)
World Rocker: Super Mario Galaxy 2

ASDFGHJKL

Ecto-1

Most Hyped: Mario Galaxy 2 and Donkey Kong Country Returns. Both are simply fantastic and did not disappoint.

Most Unexpected Treat: Goldeneye. I honestly thought that this game would be a mockery of the game I loved in my childhood, but I was pleased to find that this re-envisioning was just as good as, if not better than the original.

Faith Oblitorator: FlingSmash... enough said.

Rocked my world: Monster Hunter Tri. This is easily one of the greatest co-op games I have ever played, and I was absolutely addicted to it's online multi-player for months.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Hokori

Most surprising DKCR
Most Fun KEY
Most underrated Other M
Most Awesome and brutal NMH2
Most Random TvC
Most Nostalgic HG/SS
Most Questiful DQ9

also I cant help it when I see the "Made" so ill put WW DIY

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Aviator

Hyped: DKCR
Treat: Minecraft
Oblitorator: MOM
RMW: MH3

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Slapshot

Going to add a few of my own categories Lol

Best Game/ Most Underrated: Bioshock 2
Biggest Shock: Cave Story DSi, A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks and Super Meat Boy, Angry Birds
Game I enjoyed the most this year: Auditorium HD, Goldeneye Wii, Monster Hunter Tri, Sports Championship, God of War 3, GT5, Cabelas Dangerous Hunts 2011, Mass Effect, Joe Danger
Most Disappointing: Metroid: Other M

Its been a great year!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

the 2 Sonic games, Galaxy 2, everything major at Nintendo's E3 conference that's been released, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, certain FPS series just becoming sad, everything involving Kinect, Bayonnetta and FF13 competing for worst commercial music ever, Final Fantasy fans feeling like Sonic fans in 2006/7, etc.

I'm not turning this into generic game of the year awards when the year isn't even over and I haven't played enough. I'm not Spike TV.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

J_Bitties

What game 'made' 2010? Mass Effect 2
Most Hyped For? Well, it had been Transformers until I found out it had no lasting appeal
Unexpected Treat? Kirby's Epic Yarn
Lose Faith Gaming Industry? I have a crap radar so I don't play crap and there fore everything I played was very good IMO. Now...gamers on the other hand? The jaded bitterness and console wars plaguing the community are making me lose faith in the industry...grow up already.
What Game Rocked My World? Mass Effect 2

J_Bitties

SuperMarioFan96

Oh wait I have my Faith-Obliterator: Sales for Call of Duty: Black Ops (along with all the other COD's, but that one came out this year).

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.