Forums

Topic: Well, I just got an Xbox 360...

Posts 21 to 35 of 35

RandomWiiPlayer

Chrono+Cross wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

As for upcoming games, I don't care what games you like, you are buying Alan Wake.

I like all kinds of games but I'm not getting that.

Explain!

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Chrono_Cross

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

As for upcoming games, I don't care what games you like, you are buying Alan Wake.

I like all kinds of games but I'm not getting that.

Explain!

It doesn't look too exciting like other games that are coming out this year. More of a rent you know?
And jeez that was a fast response!

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

MrPanic

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY MW2, IT SUCKS *****. Wait for Bad Company 2 if you want a good shooter.

Bioshock, Burnout Paradise and Saints Row 2 are fun too.

"Time flies when you throw your watch in the sky."
3DS: 0946-2616-2379

RandomWiiPlayer

@Chrono: True. The story sounds good, I just want to see how it unfolds. I'll probably trade it in if it doesn't have much of a replay value.

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Pastry

As for my XBOX 360, the person who I bought it from was an adult and had only ever played one game on it. He said that he had never gone online with it either so I don't think it's banned.

EDIT: My favorite kind of game is RPG, I also like Racing, Action/Adventure and FPS.

BTW, do you have to pay a monthly fee to play an MMORPG on the XBOX?

Edited on by Pastry

Chucko

I would recommend MW2 for the multiplayer.(While it`s pretty much the same as COD4 with slightly better graphics and new weapons and equipment.) When I used to have a 360, I always liked the arcade(VC equivalent). Banjo kazooie and maybe banjo tooie might be on there. One more thing, if your playing online and not with your friends, don`t bother using your headset unless your in a tournament or something(unless you REALLY want to), cause the online community for Xbox 360 is vile, it`s where the sewer rats use the bathroom. Anyway, enjoy.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

The_Fox

pie4prez wrote:

As for my XBOX 360, the person who I bought it from was an adult and had only ever played one game on it. He said that he had never gone online with it either so I don't think it's banned.

EDIT: My favorite kind of game is RPG, I also like Racing, Action/Adventure and FPS.

BTW, do you have to pay a monthly fee to play an MMORPG on the XBOX?

I see. Well then:

RPGs:
Mass Effect 1&2
Dragon's Age
Fallout 3
Oblivion
(I'm not much of a fan of JRPs so I can't help there)

Racing:
Project Gotham Racing 4
Forza Motorsport 3
Burnout Paradise

Action/Adventure:
Dante's Inferno (I loved the art style but the gameplay isn't amazing, so you may want to try before you buy)
Ninja Gaiden 2
Resident Evil 5

FPS:
Bioschock 1&2
Modern Warfare 2
Gears of War 1&2
Left 4 Dead 1&2

As for your MMORPG question, there is only 1 on the 360 that I know of (Final Fantasy XI), and Square does charge separately.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

The_Fox

Chucko wrote:

. One more thing, if your playing online and not with your friends, don`t bother using your headset unless your in a tournament or something(unless you REALLY want to), cause the online community for Xbox 360 is vile, it`s where the sewer rats use the bathroom. Anyway, enjoy.

He's overstating it. You will find plenty of douchebags online, but I haven't really seen more than what you'll find on the PS3 or P.C even. Well, maybe in Halo, unfortunately.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Magi

I tend to also play with people I know so that helps with my online experience. On the few occasions I've played something like Uno or L4D, I seem to run into fairly decent people. Maybe it's the category I've placed myself into: I think I picked "family".

Although there was this time when this 13 year old girl was telling us about her boy shorts...

Magi

slambert215

Play GoW 1 first, it's better.
Modern Warfare is fun too, but if you want to do good in multiplayer you have to play and expect to die a LOT.
Marvel vs Capcom 2 is downloadable and I highly recommend it!

Now Playing: Modern Warfare 2 and Mobilized, Tekken 6, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online

I'M BACK!
My codes:
Wii: 4408-9655-3946-7256
Brawl: 2621-2393-5112
Mario Kart: 4725-8357-4711
MoH Heroes 2 and Tiger Woods 10: Sean215

Aviator

L4D2, unless your in Australia.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

blockhead

The best advice I can give is sell it to somebody and get a PS3. I bought and Elite of Ebay before and it RROD 3 months later.

blockhead

CanisWolfred

blockhead wrote:

The best advice I can give is sell it to somebody and get a PS3. I bought and Elite off Ebay before and it RROD 3 months later.

And that's why - you got an Elite, which have been known to have a higher rate of failure than the other versions, and you got it used - never a good combination....

Wait, pie4prez did the same thing...you know what that actually is some sound advice.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Pastry

The guy had only played one game on it. He didn't even have a gamer profile... I wouldn't really call it used.

SgtSawkz

shingi_70 wrote:

Braid, Shadow complex, and the banjo games are good downolads. Aslo Perfect dark comes out next month. As far as mutiplayer goes Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2 are your best bets but to get the most out of Halo you need to buy the map packs.

I recently got a 360 as well. While modern warfare 2 is fun for a while, its really broken, and WILL make you rage. I'm a mellow person, but MW2 pisses me off. (scuse mah french) Its a good buy, but don't intend to make it your new favorite game.

Golden Sun the Dark Dawn:
Best game ever in the making?
Yes it is

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.