Forums

Topic: Well, I just got an Xbox 360...

Posts 1 to 20 of 35

Pastry

On Saturday, I finally decided to venture away from Nintendo and bought my first ever non-Nintendo console.

I got it for about $200 on eBay and it came with 2 controllers, 3 games (I'll get to those later), and the Xbox 360 Elite itself.

The games aren't the best. They are Indiana Jones (which I already have for Wii), Kung-Fu Panda and Gears of War 2.

I'm turning to you guys, never having had an Xbox before, what games do you recommend? Any games on the Online Marketplace?

I'm thinking about buying Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and trading Gears of War 2 to my friend for one of his games.

Edited on by Pastry

RandomWiiPlayer

What kind of games do you like? Action Adventure, FPS, TPS, RPG? I need to know before I recommend anything.

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

The_Fox

Yeah, knowing your favorite genres would be a big help.

Do you like FPS titles at all? There is Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare 2, Bioshock, Borderlands, etc. What about RPGs? You have Mass Effect, Fallout 3, and more.

For XBLA there is Shadow Complex, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Pac Man Championship Edition and plenty more.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Magi

Congrats!

Have you connected this to the internet yet? I'm kind of suspect on the low price because of the recent ban-wave. What type of games (genre) do you enjoy playing? I'll try to make some recommendations.

Magi

shingi_70

Braid, Shadow complex, and the banjo games are good downolads. Aslo Perfect dark comes out next month. As far as mutiplayer goes Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2 are your best bets but to get the most out of Halo you need to buy the map packs.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

moomoo

Mass Effect is a really good game, one of my personal favorites, and I've only heard great things from its sequel. Shadow Complex is really good too, and If you haven't played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, you absolutely have to get it. Then there's Bioshock, as well as Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, and Halo 3: ODST. If you haven't played any of the games on the Orange Box it's an absolute must. Forza Motorsport 3 is the best racer on the system, and Bayonetta is one of the best action games I've ever played. Blazblue and Street Fighter 4 are both excellent fighters. I also think F.E.A.R. and Prey are excellent shooters too, being much different than some of the other games out there.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

CanisWolfred

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

What kind of games do you like? Action Adventure, FPS, TPS, RPG? I need to know before I recommend anything.

Yeah, I got plenty to recommend, but I'm not gonna waste my time and yours recommending games you're not gonna wanna play because of its genre.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

You bought an Xbox off Ebay? Was it new?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

y2josh

lz2010 wrote:

You bought an Xbox off Ebay? Was it new?

Good question. 2 friends of mine bought their 360 on ebay and they both red ringed within 3 months.

y2josh

Aviator

BANJO KAZOOIE BANJO TOOIE

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

cheetahman91

Lost Planet if you like third person shooters.
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection if you like Sega games.
Jetpac Refuelled if you like arcadey style games.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Pikamander2

Battlefield 1943 is a great T-rated war FPS.

Pikamander2

M00se

i was gonna say get a ps3 but you got a great deal! well im no xbox fan BUt i could reccomend games ive played at a friends, and i play xbox at my friends' house all the time.

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

Magi

I'll also recommend Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (and the regular xbox one as well) and Lost Odyssey, both of which are rpg's. Gears of War 1 too.

Magi

ItsFuzzyPickles

Even thought the Xbox 360 is the least favorite of mine for this generation (I don't even own one), there are a lot of good multiplatform games and the best exclusives are from 2005-2008. Start with them.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

RandomWiiPlayer

As for upcoming games, I don't care what games you like, you are buying Alan Wake.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

ATRUEZELDAFAN

CASTLE CRASHERS and Dragon Age: Origins are my favorites. CC is an arcade style beat-em up set in a fantasy setting with plenty of humor and some rpg elements as well. DA:O is a deep and engaging dark fantasy epic, made by Bioware (Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, etc.)

CHECK OUT MY AWSOME VIDS! http://www.youtube.com/user/ATRUEZELDAFAN

Chrono_Cross

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

As for upcoming games, I don't care what games you like, you are buying Alan Wake.

I like all kinds of games but I'm not getting that.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.