Forums

Topic: VVVVVV

Posts 81 to 98 of 98

Philip_J_Reed

Mmm...possibly. I had some trouble getting the game audio and my voice to be audible at the same time, but I think I've figured out the problem.

Also, this has convinced me that I can record playthroughs of any game I can play on my computer and upload them to youtube...which may be better than expecting everyone to turn out for a live run.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

the_shpydar

Bumping this old thread, as Terry Cavanaugh has apparently released a 2.0 version of the game! Some of you may have already gotten the email, but here it is for others:

Terry Cavanaugh wrote:

Hello all!

You're receiving this email because at some point in the last two years, you bought a copy of VVVVVV from my website. Thank you very much! I don't ordinarily send out mass emails like this, but it's kind of a special occasion.

I've just finished a very substantial new update to VVVVVV. It's a complete rebuild of the game in C++, for Windows, Mac, and at last, Linux! It also comes with a level editor, something I've always wanted to have in the game. Finally, this new version includes 10 new dimensions to explore, built in the level editor by a few friends. You can find out more at this blog post on my site. http://distractionware.com/blog/2011/07/vvvvvv-version-2-0-la...

Because it's a completely new build of the game, it isn't possible to just supply a patch, which is why I'm sending this email. To play it you'll need to redownload it - you can get the new version of the game here:

{LINKS TO d/L VERSIONS WERE HERE IN THE EMAIL}

The most exciting thing of all, though, is that this launches today as part of the Humble Indie Bundle 3. The Bundle is a massive pay-what-you-want sale for five cross platform, DRM free indie games, with a big chunk of of the proceeds going to charity! The five games this time are Cogs, Hammerfight, And Yet it Moves, Crayon Physics Deluxe, and VVVVVV. If you haven't played the other games, I can thoroughly recommend all of them, and I'm very honoured to be in this bundle with them. The bundle won't last forever, though, so please spread the word!

Finally, while I'm emailing you all like this, I just briefly say thanks, once again. I can't begin to express how much I appreciate your support, and I hope you enjoy the new version of VVVVVV

Terry

Sweet!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Corbs

I just got the update email and downloaded the new version. Very cool additions.

Plain old gamer :)

komicturtle

Played the demo- never have I ever heard of this game. Wicked fun and challenging. And love the music.

I played it with my Wii Remote too :3

Perfect way to play this game to get even more of a retro feel, I'd say. Will consider buying the full game later (have to save money since I'm moving to Florida Saturday!)

komicturtle

ASDFGHJKL

Man, this games gets so many things right...I'm absolutely loving it so far. The exploration, the challenging levels, the music, even the simple graphics....Amazing game imo.

ASDFGHJKL

komicturtle

I'm using Mac OSX Snow Leopard :3
And I'm using DarwiinRemote.

And thanks for that link! Appreciate it.

komicturtle

ASDFGHJKL

&^@#! Well, I finally completed Veni Vidi Vici, and of course, I land on the wrong side

ASDFGHJKL

Fuzzy

That's cool. Will probably buy it again, and give him a bit of extra money too. Great great game.

@Gabe - oh no that would suck. I never finished that one. Cracked it and never got back to it. Might give it another go when I update it.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

ASDFGHJKL

Has anyone's new Steam update completely erase all save data?

ASDFGHJKL

Xkhaoz

@GabeGreens Well, yes, my saves are gone

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

the_shpydar

Based on Terry's comments on his blog page, the new version is a complete rebuild, and does not work with the old game's saves.

Also, if you installed it using the installer's default location, it would have overwritten your original files, thus why the saves would be gone for the original game.

(Keep in mind i bought it directly from Terry's site, so i'm not 100% the above applies to Steam d/Ls)

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Odnetnin

komicturtle92 wrote:

I'm using Mac OSX Snow Leopard :3
And I'm using DarwiinRemote.

And thanks for that link! Appreciate it.

Sure thing. Also, assuming DarwiinRemote works with Win7 I'll be trying it out ASAP. HDMI to TV + Wiimote & Bluetooth = Win

GabeGreens wrote:

&^@#! Well, I finally completed Veni Vidi Vici, and of course, I land on the wrong side

Dude I've been there. That's the worst thing that ever happened to me in that game. I finally beat Veni Vidi Vici after something like 2 hours straight, but the irony is I lost my save data to a virus.

Speaking of which, Terry's working on a save exporter, but I guess that's for non-Steam versions only.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Birdman

Just got this a few days ago on the Mac App Store (Version 1.21) with Lion, and I'm loving it. I just wish I had a better setup than the standard Mac keyboard. I hope Version 2.0 comes to the App Store soon!

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

the_shpydar

Nintenzo wrote:

How many megabytes is this to download?

The 2.0 release d/L is 52.5 megs.
v1.2 was 34.8 megs.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.