Forums

Topic: Very crazy XBOX 360 question

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

MarkyVigoroth

I read a lot about the "Red Lights of Death" and how overheating being the main cause, so I got this crazy idea.
Would removing the casing of the console theoretically help against overheating?
(Of course, I do not have an XBOX360, and other issues, such as dust, would make this un-practical, but I am a little crazy about this.)

Edited on by MarkyVigoroth

Actually, I like Bowser AND hairy bellies!

RandomWiiPlayer

I doubt it, and the Red Ring of Death has just about been eliminated. It is still around, but not nearly as common. It is about as common as the PS3's Yellow Light of Death, and that isn't much of a problem.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

moomoo

What overheats is the power supply, not the actual system, at least in all of my cases. It probably won't help at all.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

The_Fox

Well, I don't know. Like you mention, removing the case would expose it to dust, dirt and everything else so you might just trade one problem for another. That, and without the case it wouldn't be able to rest properly prone or on its side.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Slapshot

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I doubt it, and the Red Ring of Death has just about been eliminated. It is still around, but not nearly as common. It is about as common as the PS3's Yellow Light of Death, and that isn't much of a problem.

Sorry man but there is a big fault with this statement. Microsoft has been relpacing the failed parts with refurbished parts and not the new processor that fixes the issue. The parts in turn fail again. If you buy a New X360, yes it does have the new processor and has a very small chance of failure. If you buy a old one, its going to fail at some point and if you send it in, well its prob going to fail again. I know several people who have had failed 360s in the last year to send them in and fail again.

Things you can do....
-Dont place your 360 in a confined space, like just about all entertainment systems have for you gaming systems.
-Small $10-20 USD fans at Walmart to blow on your 360 to keep movement of air on the 360, preferably the back of the console.
-Rumors are that if the 360 is stood on its side, that it increases the failure rate, dont know if its true, but mine stays layed flat on top of a small entertainment stand.
-I wouldnt recommend removing the casing, as Im sure it voids the warranty and dust would prob be worst than the overheating problem.
-Buy the system knowing that its got a good chance of failure and DONT send Microsoft your HD and you retain all your game saves and DLC, just out of a 360 for a week or two.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Oh yah, just how my brother's 360 just got the red ring, about 2 days ago?
I think it's still going strong.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Mabbit

pff, a crazy xbox360 question is "Can i take a dump in my xboxs disk drive and play poopman 3?"

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

MarkyVigoroth

briunj04 wrote:

pff, a crazy xbox360 question is "Can i take a dump in my xboxs disk drive and play poopman 3?"

I actually laughed at that.
Either way, my craziness is analogous to "Roxas destroying a computer because the computer played the waffles song."

..okay. ...back to the topic.

Actually, I like Bowser AND hairy bellies!

Octopod

briunj04 wrote:

I thought that poopman 3 was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive, will I ever learn my lesson since RE4

Octopod

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.