Forums

Topic: Uncharted 2 Reviews Leaked 21/20 WOW

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Slapshot

Yeah you read that right. Frances PSM3 reviewed the game a whopping 21/20 and US OPSM gave it a 5/5 so yeah it apparantly is even better than the already insanely high hopes I have for this game. Cant wait to get my hands on it.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

DarkG

so the Official PlayStation Magazines are overhyping an already overhyped game?

Giving that the game is from Naughty Dog and looks like a decent plattformer, I'm a bit interested in it, I just can't stand the lies and overhype that surrounds that game... plus, the $120 USD pricetag here makes me stay away from most PS3 games until I can get them at a fair price...

Let's just hope that it doesn't go the Killzone 2 way... overhyped graphics that turned out to look fugly on my TV...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

Slapshot

@DarkG.... I do agree with overhyping games but Uncharted was a out of nowhere and almost underated game. Its absolutely incredible and everything that has been shown for Uncharted 2 looks AMAZING so Im seriously doubting the reviews are overhyped. $120 USD...... um try $60 USD on launch day. If Killzone 2 looks bad on your TV you should invest in a better TV and/or HDMI cables or you have you settings wrong because Killzone 2 has amazing graphics and sound quality. Its the controls I didnt care much for.

DarkG

$100 - $120 USD is the launch-day price of PS3 games here in Colombia ($200.000 - $240.000), sometimes $90, and those are standard editions...

a 42" LCD TV, that's where everything is hooked up... Wii with 3rd party component cables, Xbox 360 with the HDMI cable it came with, and PS3 with Sony-branded HDMI cable that came for free (bundled) with it... since most Xbox 360 and some other PS3 games look better than KZ2, I doubt it's anything there... I can count the pixels of all the buildings, weapons and vehicles in KZ2, low-res textures cause that, no matter how high you upscale them... I doubt KZ2 runs in HD natively...

back on topic, a "over-perfect" review is over-hyping by definition lol, and perfect reviews, from the official magazine, meh, that's not the best source for anything but overhyping lol

Edited on by DarkG

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

The_Fox

As DarkG said, giving any game a score of 21/20 is pretty pathetic and overhyping. Was the reviewer 12?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

ChristeriousNinja

As much as it's pathetic to score something over the denominator I hate how people feel obliged to rip it out of a game when it's over-hyped, the developers did a great job with the game (and I love naughty dog) and the hype (because uncharted came out of nowhere and is now some kind of second coming), you've gotta cut the developers some credit. Not that anyone's done it now, but it's happened so many times before it's irritating.

But yeah, games like this do tempt me towards the PS3... when I have money to burn.

Hey, I maek shiz on YT: http://www.youtube.co.uk/user/ChristeriousNinja

Friend Codes coming when I frequently use one of them >_>

Slapshot

I do agree that going over the limit of the score is a bit ridicilous but this one of the very few games that Im sure deserves this. Hell, Mario Galaxy prob deserved it as well but yeah I do agree with yall that magazines that are paid for by the companies do tend to overate the games that is why I use Metacritic primarily, was just glad to see Uncharted 2 and Naughty Dog get high ratings cause Im sure the other reviews will be very high as well.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.