Forums

Topic: Thoughts on E3 2012

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Firejonie

So what did everybody think about E3 this year? I thought it was good, but nothing compared to E3 2010 and 2011. These are my thoughts on each press conference and E3 2012 in general.

I did not watch the EA or Microsoft conferences but I do like the smartglass feature for the 360, despite not owning one.

Ubisoft - Ok, I do not really like the more violent games but Watch Dogs looked very interesting, Rayman Legends is awesome, Just Dance 4 was obviously expected, but still nice and I am suprised that they did not feature either Rabbids Rumble on 3DS or Rabbids Land on Wii U, despite Rabbids Land being listed as a Wii U launch game. Still an ok conference and shows Ubisofts giant support for Wii U.

Sony - Good, on the PS3 side I really liked The Last Of Us and Beyond, but will not be getting them. WonderBook was unexpected but very imaginative and innovative games may come to it if developers put effort intro games for it. I am loving PS All Stars and the Vita version was expected. What I found strange was that they did not show Sly Cooper 4 or LBP Karting aside from the intro, since both are scheduled for releasing this year. On the Vita side, no major game announcements besides AC and COD, which I do not play. PSOne games are finally coming. They also did not mention LBP Vita which is sad since it looks like a great game and the release date just keeps getting pushed back and back:(. I enjoyed this conference but a little underwhelming on the Vita side of things and some unmentioned major first party games.

Nintendo - Great, still had flaws though. Even though it was expected for the original Wii to be ignored they should have at last given a shout out to Kirby's 20th anniversary and the upcoming collection game, which for now is Nintendo's last first party game for Wii. I know the focus was on Wii U, but the 3DS section should had been for announcing new games or information on neglected games like Animal Crossing, while saving information for more recent games for tonight's 3DS conference ( which by the way was pretty much boring besides a few things). As for Wii U, it was great as there were alot of new games that I am exited for ( pretty much everything in the conference and Game & Wario). In shorter terms, this was my favorite conference as it always is for me every year, but still had flaws like no new Metroid,Star Fox or F-Zero game

My thoughts in general. E3 2012 was good, but not many things were a surprise which made me love the past two E3's. Though I am still looking forward to alot of games which I will not post because there are so many of them. There were a few new things, but when Micheal Patcher said that this E3 was boring, I disagree, but I really wanted an amazing E3 like 2010's or 2011's. I would give this E3 a 7/10.

Firejonie

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.