Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 941 to 960 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

Magi

941. Posted:

I stopped a lady the other day at Best Buy from buying one of those 4gb bundles.

Toys R Us is having a buy 1 get 1 half off deal on ALL games, accessories, guides, and gaming t-shirts right now if anyone is interested in scoring some discounts.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

y2josh

942. Posted:

lol you're a nice person Magi

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

943. Posted:

@Y2Josh
TMNT Reshelled wasn't bad, but the graphical style certainly pissed off fans of the original. I'll get online and play you on the 23rd if I'm not busy shuttling family members around.

@Slapshot and Magi
Yeah, those 4GB models are a rip. Sure, you can use USB devices to supplement them but that becomes a hassle.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

944. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

I think this whole deal Microsoft is pulling is pretty crappy and is going to really tick some people off when they realize they have been screwed!

That's what Microsoft has been doing this entire generation, and I'm already tired of it.

SkullMan wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

y2josh wrote:

I'm in the mood for some Turtles in Time Reshelled. I'll get on at about 6:00 PM EST, Fri. Dec. 23, if anyone has it and wants to do some time traveling bad guy butt stomping with me.

That game was absolute crap, I want my money back.

A lot of hate for that game. What's the problem, other than the subpar graphics?

Sometimes hate is warranted and when the majority is displeased with a game, usually it's a sign that something is wrong. Sure they updated the graphics but thats it..it was stale gameplay, nothing new. It doesn't hold up today, it was too short, too repetitive, and a waste of my money. I wish I never bought it...the original wasn't great either so I don't know why I was expecting something good, nothing will ever beat TMNT 2 the arcade game for nes.

That's how I feel about most Beat 'em ups besides the very best. Did you play it with friends? Most beat 'em ups, aside from the very best, are only good with friends playing with you.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ravage

945. Posted:

@Slapshot: I would probably be good for some Reach at some point, unless I am swamped with studying for finals.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

946. Posted:

Magi wrote:

JumpMad wrote:

Dose The New DLC comes with any pacthies?

I dunno about patches but I have heard that there are no new achievements with the dlc.

really?
Thats lame, They shouldn't have rush it out, if there not adding much....

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

SkullMan

947. Posted:

Just ordered Alan Wake for 14.99 and I'm excited.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

AuthorMessage

Ravage

948. Posted:

It is a very good game!

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

949. Posted:

Alan Wake is indeed awesome. Great pick up. Did you get it new? If so, it may still include the free ticket for the first add-on, which makes that an even more awesome buy!

I still need to play the second add-on, which i downloaded but just haven't gotten aound to playing yet since i got Undead Nightmare (Red Dead expansion) at about the same time.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Ravage

950. Posted:

I want to get the Undead Nightmare pack lol
I also want to get Bad Company 2 Vietnam, which I think is going to be 1200 points or something. Need to get my copy of Bad Company 2 back first though :(

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Magi

951. Posted:

the shpydar wrote:

...i got Undead Nightmare (Red Dead expansion) at about the same time.

What's your impression of this DLC? A couple of my coworkers picked it up when it was $19.99 last week. I went to purchase it too when I discovered it had multiplayer, but Best Buy was out of stock (although their "system" said otherwise...yaay raincheck) Unfortunately, I've now heard that multiplayer is only available in the survival modes and not the free-roam modes.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

outrun2sp

952. Posted:

Id recommend Deadly Premonition, far better than alan wake as its open world and like an ugly cousin of shenmue.

F Zero GX fan forever

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

953. Posted:

outrun2sp wrote:

Id recommend Deadly Premonition, far better than alan wake as its open world and like an ugly cousin of shenmue.

I dunno, the linear, cinematic style of Alan Wake is what makes it most appealing to me. I haven't played Shenmue or Deadly Premonition, but I generally don't care for open world adventures. It's just a recipe to get lost, judging from my experience.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

954. Posted:

@Magi
I don't know about the multiplayer, as i haven't gotten into it at all, but i think you're right that there's no free roam (which is actually the only MP-style in the regular game that i enjoyed).

The single player is awesome though, totally changes up the game play style.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

955. Posted:

Deadly Premonition was a pleasant surprise for me, but I gotta say Alan Wake is better. Still well worth checking both of them out, though.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Ravage

956. Posted:

Alan Wake's narrative really caught me. It was like a Stephen King book in video game form! :D

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

NintendoCoDGamer

957. Posted:

Really, what is the problem with the 4GB X360s?

Also, does anyone have Battlefield 2: Modern Combat?
I was planning on purchasing it.

Edited on by NintendoCoDGamer

Looking forward to The Conduit 2 and CoD: Black Ops for DS
For really cool avatars for a forum, go here! http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Emblems

NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

958. Posted:

NintendoCoDGamer wrote:

Really, what is the problem with the 4GB X360s?.

There some games you can't run online with, do to The GB's to takes up, it just play online.
Halo:Reach is one of those games that can't play online with a 4GB 360

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

959. Posted:

Can anyone recommend some good, Fast-paced action games?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

960. Posted:

@Mickeymac
Hmm...I'm sure you've heard of most of these, but right off of the top of my head I can name:
1)Vanquish
2)Dante's Inferno (if you like the DMC series)
3)50 Cent: Blood on the sand (Not as bad as you might think..,.honest)
4)Crackdown
5)Wolverine: Origins (better than the movie by a long shot)
6)Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (not for everyone, but a solid licensed title)
7)Ninja Blade (shallow but fast paced and fun)
8)The Club (a quirky fast paced third person shooter)

-President John Adams