Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 881 to 900 of 1,530

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

881. Posted:

The Fox wrote:

@Slapshot:
I just tried the Kinect this weekend at one of those demo stations Microsoft has been setting up, and I have to say I'm more interested in it than I was before. With so much negative press surrounding the thing I thought I'd hate it but it worked better than expected.
I'm still going to need to see more game support before I plunk down the cash.

My main concern is the fact that without some kind of controller there is no real way to move a onscreen character, car,etc around properly. Cars you can drive, but not accelerate/brake. Most everything else is a on-rails type of game that the game moves forward/backward for you and your movements are just up/down/left/right and a horizontal plane. With exceptions to the mini game types of course that work great with all these motion control set-ups. Bring in a Navigational Controller like the Navi for Move or Nunchuk for Wii and I think it will be a fix to a lot of these problems and I think it will end up happening.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

882. Posted:

Yeah, it's going to tough for some genres to work without some type of control input. A support controller could very well pop up in the future, but I'm hoping some particularly ingenious developers will create something different. Time will tell, I suppose

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

883. Posted:

The Fox wrote:

Yeah, it's going to tough for some genres to work without some type of control input. A support controller could very well pop up in the future, but I'm hoping some particularly ingenious developers will create something different. Time will tell, I suppose

I hope so too. I dont care about Console Loyalty and all that crap, if something is truely innovative it is. Kinect is just that but Im seeing a lot of severe limitations that need to be worked around to make it absolutely mind blowing. If anyone has the money and ability to do it, its Microsoft. I hope they do come up with something as well.

AuthorMessage

Ravage

884. Posted:

Finally got to play Reach. It is fairly fun so far, except that I don`t seem to have much use for Armour Lock. Still not entirely sure what it does. I have to say, jet packs are awesome, but I get shot even more as soon as I take to the skies! It`s just too fun though! :D

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Magi

885. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Magi wrote:

feder wrote:

I heard terrible things about Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery.... so I'm kinda hesitant to try either one.

I regret having purchased both of those. To be fair, I didn't spend much time with either but I found the combat mechanic to just be too clunky and the story not-too-interesting.

Combat Mechanic in which?

Both. :(

Ravage wrote:

No menus..? Sounds a little strange. How does it compare to Fable 2 so far?

Well, I'm a bit biased as I love the Fable series. At this point, I think I would rather call it Fable 2.5 (and not Fable 3).

I did get the opportunity to co-op on Friday night and I must say, it was pretty freakin awesome. I think Lionshead finally got it right this time. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play any more over the weekend. I'm about to start just inside the Sunset House. It looks pretty freaky.

Edited on by Magi

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

886. Posted:

Sonic Free Riders got a pretty good review by IGN. It actually seems really fun! If we get a Kinect, I may pick this up.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

887. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Magi wrote:

feder wrote:

I heard terrible things about Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery.... so I'm kinda hesitant to try either one.

I regret having purchased both of those. To be fair, I didn't spend much time with either but I found the combat mechanic to just be too clunky and the story not-too-interesting.

Combat Mechanic in which?

Both. :(

Ravage wrote:

No menus..? Sounds a little strange. How does it compare to Fable 2 so far?

Well, I'm a bit biased as I love the Fable series. At this point, I think I would rather call it Fable 2.5 (and not Fable 3).

I did get the opportunity to co-op on Friday night and I must say, it was pretty freakin awesome. I think Lionshead finally got it right this time. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play any more over the weekend. I'm about to start just inside the Sunset House. It looks pretty freaky.

The Co-op is much better this Time, but The game it self, dosen't feel "New"
I think Fable 2 had more Freedom.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

888. Posted:

Im sure you guys/gals might have already heard but Kinect will indeed use the X360 controller as well as motion/voice recognition all in tandem, this could spawn some really creative and deep gaming opportunities imo.

... Fable 3 is Awesome, there is just nothing else to say about it. Great!

AuthorMessage

Ravage

889. Posted:

But how do you use Kinect when you`ve got a two handed controller in your hands?

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

890. Posted:

Ravage wrote:

But how do you use Kinect when you`ve got a two handed controller in your hands?

No idea. I guess like all the rest and jump around :D

AuthorMessage

ReddLionz

891. Posted:

Hey guys I have to drop a huge Xbox bomb on you. Not sure what to do.

OK so I'm getting a 360 for Christmas but I'm undecided on 2 things
-I could buy a new Slim 250gb system for $300
-There is this bundle at my local store that has an Elite (120gb I think) , with Forza3 and some other game I can't remember, and it has 2 controllers all for $300

The Elite Bundle seems to be the better deal but I don't know exactly how reliable the Elites are, I know the new ones are very reliable. That's really my main concern for the elite. Any suggestions?

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

AuthorMessage

MetalMario

892. Posted:

I know of elites that have been working since they first came out. I think they are just fine.

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

893. Posted:

@ReddLionz.... all of the Elites are fine to buy without worries of the RROD. Just please dont fall for this $299 Kinect bundle they are putting on shelves. It only has 4gb of memory and there are many games that wont even be playable on the X360 because of it, such as Halo Reach. You in turn will have to turn around and shell out for a HD.

The Hale Reach Edition is fantastic. I love the silver design of the system and controllers.

Edited on by Slapshot

AuthorMessage

ReddLionz

894. Posted:

Haha yeah I was never going to get the 4gb. Planning on getting some downloadable stuff. But, I guess I might get that bundle then if I could just rememer what that other game was . Maybe.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

AuthorMessage

Supermarioman

895. Posted:

Well regarding my 360 hopes, I have about $200 right now, and I was planning on buying a 250 GB model, but I have been looking at a few stores and online and there is not a one to be found, only with Kinect, Which I do not want. The only non-kinect model is the 4 GB, should I just break down and buy one, or try to keep looking?

Supermarioman

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

896. Posted:

Supermarioman wrote:

Well regarding my 360 hopes, I have about $200 right now, and I was planning on buying a 250 GB model, but I have been looking at a few stores and online and there is not a one to be found, only with Kinect, Which I do not want. The only non-kinect model is the 4 GB, should I just break down and buy one, or try to keep looking?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O6JLZ2/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_...

Just click the "250" tab.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ravage

897. Posted:

Don`t get the 4 GB model, it is practically a scam.

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

y2josh

898. Posted:

Well, since my PS3 died and I don't want to spend 150-300 dollars I shall be playing more of my 360 for a while. More than likely Halo Reach when I get a chance. If anyone wants to team up for campaign or multiplayer let me know. I warn you now that I suck at straight up FPS's

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

Ravage

899. Posted:

I`ll join you sometime y2josh, I was thinking of getting a Gold card this weekend. I found the campaign kind of hard in spots and it is just annoying sometimes on heroic. Yet I seem to be fairly good at multiplayer; must be missing something...

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Supermarioman

900. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Supermarioman wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O6JLZ2/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_...

Just click the "250" tab.

Umm.... According to Amazon they no longer carry the 250 GB version alone, only the one with Kinect and the 4GB variations. So this really puts me in a bad place.

Edited on by Supermarioman

Supermarioman