Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,526

Magi

Mickeymac wrote:

Magi wrote:

feder wrote:

I heard terrible things about Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery.... so I'm kinda hesitant to try either one.

I regret having purchased both of those. To be fair, I didn't spend much time with either but I found the combat mechanic to just be too clunky and the story not-too-interesting.

Combat Mechanic in which?

Both.

Ravage wrote:

No menus..? Sounds a little strange. How does it compare to Fable 2 so far?

Well, I'm a bit biased as I love the Fable series. At this point, I think I would rather call it Fable 2.5 (and not Fable 3).

I did get the opportunity to co-op on Friday night and I must say, it was pretty freakin awesome. I think Lionshead finally got it right this time. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play any more over the weekend. I'm about to start just inside the Sunset House. It looks pretty freaky.

Edited on by Magi

Magi

turtlelink

Sonic Free Riders got a pretty good review by IGN. It actually seems really fun! If we get a Kinect, I may pick this up.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

LordJumpMad

Magi wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Magi wrote:

feder wrote:

I heard terrible things about Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery.... so I'm kinda hesitant to try either one.

I regret having purchased both of those. To be fair, I didn't spend much time with either but I found the combat mechanic to just be too clunky and the story not-too-interesting.

Combat Mechanic in which?

Both.

Ravage wrote:

No menus..? Sounds a little strange. How does it compare to Fable 2 so far?

Well, I'm a bit biased as I love the Fable series. At this point, I think I would rather call it Fable 2.5 (and not Fable 3).

I did get the opportunity to co-op on Friday night and I must say, it was pretty freakin awesome. I think Lionshead finally got it right this time. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play any more over the weekend. I'm about to start just inside the Sunset House. It looks pretty freaky.

The Co-op is much better this Time, but The game it self, dosen't feel "New"
I think Fable 2 had more Freedom.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Slapshot

Im sure you guys/gals might have already heard but Kinect will indeed use the X360 controller as well as motion/voice recognition all in tandem, this could spawn some really creative and deep gaming opportunities imo.

... Fable 3 is Awesome, there is just nothing else to say about it. Great!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Ravage

But how do you use Kinect when you`ve got a two handed controller in your hands?

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Slapshot

Ravage wrote:

But how do you use Kinect when you`ve got a two handed controller in your hands?

No idea. I guess like all the rest and jump around

ReddLionz

Hey guys I have to drop a huge Xbox bomb on you. Not sure what to do.

OK so I'm getting a 360 for Christmas but I'm undecided on 2 things
-I could buy a new Slim 250gb system for $300
-There is this bundle at my local store that has an Elite (120gb I think) , with Forza3 and some other game I can't remember, and it has 2 controllers all for $300

The Elite Bundle seems to be the better deal but I don't know exactly how reliable the Elites are, I know the new ones are very reliable. That's really my main concern for the elite. Any suggestions?

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

MetalMario

I know of elites that have been working since they first came out. I think they are just fine.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Slapshot

@ReddLionz.... all of the Elites are fine to buy without worries of the RROD. Just please dont fall for this $299 Kinect bundle they are putting on shelves. It only has 4gb of memory and there are many games that wont even be playable on the X360 because of it, such as Halo Reach. You in turn will have to turn around and shell out for a HD.

The Hale Reach Edition is fantastic. I love the silver design of the system and controllers.

Edited on by Slapshot

ReddLionz

Haha yeah I was never going to get the 4gb. Planning on getting some downloadable stuff. But, I guess I might get that bundle then if I could just rememer what that other game was . Maybe.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

Supermarioman

Well regarding my 360 hopes, I have about $200 right now, and I was planning on buying a 250 GB model, but I have been looking at a few stores and online and there is not a one to be found, only with Kinect, Which I do not want. The only non-kinect model is the 4 GB, should I just break down and buy one, or try to keep looking?

Supermarioman

CanisWolfred

Supermarioman wrote:

Well regarding my 360 hopes, I have about $200 right now, and I was planning on buying a 250 GB model, but I have been looking at a few stores and online and there is not a one to be found, only with Kinect, Which I do not want. The only non-kinect model is the 4 GB, should I just break down and buy one, or try to keep looking?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O6JLZ2/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_...

Just click the "250" tab.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ravage

Don`t get the 4 GB model, it is practically a scam.

y2josh

Well, since my PS3 died and I don't want to spend 150-300 dollars I shall be playing more of my 360 for a while. More than likely Halo Reach when I get a chance. If anyone wants to team up for campaign or multiplayer let me know. I warn you now that I suck at straight up FPS's

y2josh

Ravage

I`ll join you sometime y2josh, I was thinking of getting a Gold card this weekend. I found the campaign kind of hard in spots and it is just annoying sometimes on heroic. Yet I seem to be fairly good at multiplayer; must be missing something...

Supermarioman

Mickeymac wrote:

Supermarioman wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O6JLZ2/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_...

Just click the "250" tab.

Umm.... According to Amazon they no longer carry the 250 GB version alone, only the one with Kinect and the 4GB variations. So this really puts me in a bad place.

Edited on by Supermarioman

Supermarioman

Ravage

Nope, I just have on random guy I met on Reach who I don't even know. I am thinking of going to get a Gold card in a little while though. I'll see if I can add you now though.

Supermarioman

y2josh wrote:

2nd one down.
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=...

Or to go straight to the 360, 250 gb wal mart page
http://www.walmart.com/ip/http-www.walmart.com-ip-Xbox360-250...

@Ravage: Do I have you on my friends list? My tag is jcturtle

I checked all store with in 50 miles of my town, not a one simple 250 GB, I'm really thinking about just buying the 4 GB and staying with it till Christmas and upgrading my harddrive then.

Supermarioman

ReddLionz

I wonder when (or if) Microsoft is going to stock this bundle.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/forzamotorsport3/news...
Maybe that's why all of the 250gb models are disappearing?

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.