Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,526

feder

Mickeymac wrote:

I suppose I can understand that, by taking common sense and turning it inside out.

JRPGs on 360:

Eternal Sonata (Second best)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Best on this list, IMO)
Cross Edge: Dash
Record of Argest Wars
Tales of Vesperia
Cultcept Saga
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Edition

Um, most of the games here are also available for the PS3... I'm looking for game available ONLY on the 360.

feder

CanisWolfred

feder wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I suppose I can understand that, by taking common sense and turning it inside out.

JRPGs on 360:

Record of Argest Wars
Tales of Vesperia
Cultcept Saga
Final Fantasy XIII

Um, most of the games here are also available for the PS3... I'm looking for game available ONLY on the 360.

Then I don't know. I don't pay attention to games on the PS3 because I don't own one and therefore would be of no use to me. I think Blue Dragon, Spectral Souls 3, Operation of Darkness are the only other ones released outside of Japan, and those are 3 worst RPGs I've ever played. But rather than guess, I'll give you a list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_games

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezner

Uh, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, and The Last Remnant are a few I can think of.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Dezner wrote:

Uh, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, and The Last Remnant are a few I can think of.

Last Remnant isn't an exclusive, actually. There's a PC version, and it's actually better if your computer has the juice. The console version made terrible use of the engine and would slow down frequently, with lots of pop-in.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ravage

feder wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

JRPGs on 360:

Record of Argest Wars
Tales of Vesperia
Cultcept Saga
Final Fantasy XIII

Well, in my opinion, Tales of Vesperia is the second best (with Eternal Sonata as best) and that is an exclusive.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

CanisWolfred

Ravage wrote:

feder wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

JRPGs on 360:

Record of Argest Wars
Tales of Vesperia
Cultcept Saga
Final Fantasy XIII

Well, in my opinion, Tales of Vesperia is the second best (with Eternal Sonata as best) and that is an exclusive.

It's not an exclusive. The PS3 version came out about a year and a half afterwards. It's Japan-only, but that's not a problem for feder.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Fox

Oh, man. I noticed Mickeymac mentioned Operation Darkness a few posts up, which is a game that has scarred me to this day. Werewolves fighting Nazis in a turn based strategy games? What could possibly go wrong? Everything. The developers of that particular mess deserved a beating with a sock full of quarters. /end rant

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

armoredghor

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
@supermarioman if you ever think you might change your mind and go with the online, you'll want it. Just because they're gonna charge an $100($75 used) for that wi-fi(even though everybody else made it free). It's a lot of fun if you have long distance friends or siblings in my case that you can go off and play shooters with. Take advantage of the nintendolife community and just go with the upgrade. You can also download all of your offline games with that 250gb hardrive

armoredghor

CanisWolfred

armoredghor wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
@supermarioman if you ever think you might change your mind and go with the online, you'll want it. Just because they're gonna charge an $100($75 used) for that wi-fi(even though everybody else made it free). It's a lot of fun if you have long distance friends or siblings in my case that you can go off and play shooters with. Take advantage of the nintendolife community and just go with the upgrade. You can also download all of your offline games with that 250gb hardrive

The new ones have Wi-Fi Built in. I certainly hope he doesn't waste his money on the Wi-Fi adapter!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ravage

Well, you can probably get a WiFi adapter for $40 or less used. I can`t really confirm this for you though; l I just know that I can and I really should... Anyhow, I paid $100 last year for my Pro with a 20GB hard drive, so another $40 is still much cheaper than paying for a 4 GB slim model.

Also, Tales of Vesperia came out on PS3 in Japan only? Did I understand that right? That does still make it an exclusive for us.

Edited on by Ravage

CanisWolfred

Ravage wrote:

Also, Tales of Vesperia came out on PS3 in Japan only? Did I understand that right? That does still make it an exclusive for us.

Yes, but chances are feder's not gonna get the Xbox 360 version when he can get the PS3 version, though. Speaking of which: @feder - What region is your Xbox 360? I could always do some digging and bring some Japan-only 360 RPGs to your attention if that's an option.

Also, every gamer should play Operation Darkness, just so they can experience what a truly, truly horrible game really is.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magi

Anyone but me playing Fable 3?

Magi

Ravage

I got Fable 2 for free a week or so ago if that counts
I heard that Fable 3`s story missions were fairly limited in their moral choices. And the combat doesn`t seem to have changed at all. The difference from Fable to Fable 2 is quite large, but I just don`t see it here. At least the game has still got that goofiness to it.

Another disappointment is The Force Unleashed 2. The first game is much better.

Rock Band 3 and the Undead Nightmare add-on for Red Dead seem to be the few hyped sequels that live up to their name. Vanquish looks pretty cool though.

The_Fox

Fable III is out already? Ah, I'm soooo far behind. I still haven't picked up New Vegas.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Supermarioman

Mickeymac wrote:

Supermarioman wrote:

After considering something I think I might wait for a little longer and save up enough for the 250GB model considering that the investement is $300 as opposed to:
$200 for 4GB $20 for Headset $130 for 250 GB $40 for a 16 GB to transfer data. Yeah that is another $90 extra, so I could get more games instead of paying for all that crap.

I'm surprised you even considered falling for Microsoft's Scam. Trust me, the 250 GB option is the best deal you'll get, whether you'll use all that stuff or not. Hell, I already feel scammed for not waiting a few more years to get an Xbox with built-in Wi-Fi for the same price that I bought to have it seperate.

I know that it is a scam, but I'm impatient and I was hoping to get one very soon, with my birthday soon and with me getting money from relatives and friends that will bring we up to about $230 or so, or around the needed money for a 4GB and Halo 3. Now I just need to save about $120 more and I'll be there. Its kinda odd considering I have been a Nintendo fanboy first, and all of these great games coming out, and I'm just ignoring them. Then again my Backlog of games I need to finsih is freaking huge. I still got Monster Hunter 3, Fallout New Vegas, and SMG 2 to finish. I still have yet to get Kirby's Epic Yarn, NBA Jam, Metroid: Other M, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Ultimate Edition. And if I do save for a 360 I'll be missing Goldeneye, Epic Mickey, and Donkey Kong Country Returns. But my point and case is for 2 years I have wanted a 360 for 2 years now, and I'm finally on my way, so yes I plan to get one soon. As a big Halo fan, it would be great to finish that damn fight already

Edited on by Supermarioman

Supermarioman

CanisWolfred

Supermarioman wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Supermarioman wrote:

After considering something I think I might wait for a little longer and save up enough for the 250GB model considering that the investement is $300 as opposed to:
$200 for 4GB $20 for Headset $130 for 250 GB $40 for a 16 GB to transfer data. Yeah that is another $90 extra, so I could get more games instead of paying for all that crap.

I'm surprised you even considered falling for Microsoft's Scam. Trust me, the 250 GB option is the best deal you'll get, whether you'll use all that stuff or not. Hell, I already feel scammed for not waiting a few more years to get an Xbox with built-in Wi-Fi for the same price that I bought to have it seperate.

I know that it is a scam, but I'm impatient and I was hoping to get one very soon, with my birthday soon and with me getting money from relatives and friends that will bring we up to about $230 or so, or around the needed money for a 4GB and Halo 3. Now I just need to save about $120 more and I'll be there. Its kinda odd considering I have been a Nintendo fanboy first, and all of these great games coming out, and I'm just ignoring them. Then again my Backlog of games I need to finsih is freaking huge. I still got Monster Hunter 3, Fallout New Vegas, and SMG 2 to finish. I still have yet to get Kirby's Epic Yarn, NBA Jam, Metroid: Other M, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Ultimate Edition. And if I do save for a 360 I'll be missing Goldeneye, Epic Mickey, and Donkey Kong Country Returns. But my point and case is for 2 years I have wanted a 360 for 2 years now, and I'm finally on my way, so yes I plan to get one soon. As a big Halo fan, it would be great to finish that damn fight already

Youtube it and buy Halo ODST instead. Trust me, it's worth it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ravage

I just bought my first Halo game last week; haven't played it yet though. I got Halo Reach because it seemed kind of class based and a bit faster than the previous games.

Supermarioman

@mickeymac Nah I'll do it the old fashioned way, and I'll get ODST after I have beat 3.

Supermarioman

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.