Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,526

Sean007s

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I might pick up L4D today. It seems like a series I might enjoy, but I don't want to jump into the (more expensive) sequel, because I might not like it. Is it a good game?

Also, I told my mainstream FPS only "gamer" friend that Black Ops is more expensive for no reason. He actually tried to defend Activision. Crazy, right?

L4D looks too fun.
I wish I had an Xbox360 right now just to play some L4D online.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

Magi

I like L4D quite a bit. Hearing the Witch crying is just freaking...well...freaky. I've got 1 co-worker who also has it and we've played online about three times. I've put barely 15 hours into the game and am no expert by any means and almost all of my experience has been single-player.

I'm always down with trying to find some "new" players that are equal in skill to myself (read: suck) to do some L4D online.

Magi

EarthViper

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I might pick up L4D today. It seems like a series I might enjoy, but I don't want to jump into the (more expensive) sequel, because I might not like it. Is it a good game?

I love Left 4 Dead, one of the best games of the generation and one of the best coop games ever IMO. Frankly I like it quite a bit more than the sequel which added more content but lost a lot in the process.

It's fun enough single player or even split screen with 1 friend but a 4 player game online is where the real meat of the game is and in spite of only having 4 maps (+ a DLC 'half map') my friends and I easily spent 100 hours on the game.

If you or anybody else is looking for another person for L4D online just send me an invite (GT: EarthViper). I'll be down for that game pretty much anytime for as long as I keep XBL Gold.

EarthViper

RandomWiiPlayer

And of course, they didn't have the game I am looking for. :/

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

the_shpydar

Even though i barely played it, i thought L4D was definitely awesome. I just didn't have enough people i know to play it with, and i despise playing with random people on XBLA (and i'm not that big of an online multiplayer gamer in general, anways).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

RandomWiiPlayer

Well I played L4D2 at a friends house and it was pretty awesome. I really need to find L4D somewhere.

The Game.

Ravage

Why don't you get the demo for LFD2? It will kind of play like other Source engine games (ie. Orange Box), but of course, the gameplay is different. Don't expect a very realistic experience, it is an arcade-y FPS.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

RandomWiiPlayer

Well I got sick of looking for L4D2 in a store so I just ordered it on eBay today...... This thread is really on and off.

The Game.

The_Fox

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Well I got sick of looking for L4D2 in a store so I just ordered it on eBay today...... This thread is really on and off.

I looked for this thread a while back and must have just missed it. Anyways, L4D2 is pretty great.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

irken004

The Fox wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I looked for this thread a while back and must have just missed it. Anyways, L4D2 is pretty great.

This might be a tad off topic, but I have L4D 1 and 2, and I wonder why people prefer 2 over 1. Any thoughts?

RandomWiiPlayer

irken004 wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

This might be a tad off topic, but I have L4D 1 and 2, and I wonder why people prefer 2 over 1. Any thoughts?

I've never played the first. I just played L4D2 multiplayer for an hour or two and loved it, so I decided to track it down. What are the major differences between the two?

The Game.

irken004

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

irken004 wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I've never played the first. I just played L4D2 multiplayer for an hour or two and loved it, so I decided to track it down. What are the major differences between the two?

Not much from what I can tell. There's different characters, different stories, and some different weapons, but everything else seems to be pretty similar. I prefer L4d 1 for it's characters though. Gotta love Bill

RandomWiiPlayer

irken004 wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

irken004 wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Not much from what I can tell. There's different characters, different stories, and some different weapons, but everything else seems to be pretty similar. I prefer L4d 1 for it's characters though. Gotta love Bill

Yeah, I've heard the characters are a lot better. Nick is an .

Edited on by theblackdragon

The Game.

Ravage

They changed the AI director a bit so that it can change the map routes a bit. I'm sure there was some other stuff, but I think the main reason was that they wanted to create the sequel so soon was to tweak the AI director.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

irken004

Ravage wrote:

They changed the AI director a bit so that it can change the map routes a bit. I'm sure there was some other stuff, but I think the main reason was that they wanted to create the sequel so soon was to tweak the AI director.

Ah that makes sense.

Dezner

Maybe it's because I suck at L4D games, but 2 is just way too frustrating even on Normal mode to even complete a scenario with a group of friends and not have "those" moments that make you want to stop playing. The first game had just enough difficulty that seemed fair, the second game....well....I guess it's just me.

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Magi

Dezner wrote:

Maybe it's because I suck at L4D games, but 2 is just way too frustrating even on Normal mode to even complete a scenario with a group of friends and not have "those" moments that make you want to stop playing. The first game had just enough difficulty that seemed fair, the second game....well....I guess it's just me.

I have a similiar feeling. Also, I rarely play FPS games so my skills are severely lacking anyway. When I'm playing multiplayer, I feel I always need to have at least one computer controlled player as I suck at saving people.

Magi

RandomWiiPlayer

Well it came in the mail today. I played through the carnival level, pretty awesome. I died right before I got into the helicopter, though. :/

The Game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.