Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 761 to 780 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

761. Posted:

Anybody tried Monday Night Combat online yet? I've been thinking of picking it up once my backlog shrinks a bit.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

762. Posted:

Anyone looking forward to halo reach?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Magi

763. Posted:

I'm not a big Halo fan so I'll be skipping it.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

764. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Anyone looking forward to halo reach?

I might pick it up when it comes out. I'm not all that into Halo, but apparently Black Ops is going to cost more than the standard 360 game, so screw that idea...... Maybe Reach, maybe Castlevania, maybe Fable. I'm not sure.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

765. Posted:

I'll be picking Reach up. I haven't really played Halo multiplayer in months so I'm pretty eager to dive in.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Alias

766. Posted:

I love Monday Night Combat, probably will delve into Reach as well.

Thinking of finally picking up a Wii U!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

767. Posted:

how do you gys like the new dashboard coming in the fall?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

768. Posted:

I can have some inappropriate fun with Kinect moving the avatar. But the dashboard isn't much different, so I don't give a crap. I don't spend any time on it anyway.

The Game.

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

769. Posted:

The new dashboard looks nice. It doesn't look too different from the existing one. I suppose it is more for Kinect integration than anything. I see that they redesigned the avatars too. Unfortunately, they still have that horrible stance. I guess I like the new look but even if I didn't it wouldn't matter because I would still have to download it anyway.:D

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

770. Posted:

I'll be happy if it would just stop going to the "Spotlight" page/tab as default when you exit a game.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

771. Posted:

So, Microsoft is raising the price of Xbox Live Gold. They just lost a customer. I'm sure there will be more.
http://kotaku.com/5625516/xbox-live-price-increase-coming-nov...

To me, it's not even that they are raising the price. If they did that for a good reason, that's fine. But crappy reasons such as "the additional services available to Gold subscribers in 2010, such as ESPN, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Last.fm and Video Kinect", I refuse to pay. I don't use any of these features, I use my gaming console for gaming. They should just add an additional fee for each of these services.

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

772. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

So, Microsoft is raising the price of Xbox Live Gold. They just lost a customer. I'm sure there will be more.
http://kotaku.com/5625516/xbox-live-price-increase-coming-nov...

To me, it's not even that they are raising the price. If they did that for a good reason, that's fine. But crappy reasons such as "the additional services available to Gold subscribers in 2010, such as ESPN, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Last.fm and Video Kinect", I refuse to pay. I don't use any of these features, I use my gaming console for gaming. They should just add an additional fee for each of these services.

Yeah, this is total BS. It's just Microsoft being greedy as usual. They do it just because they know they can get away with it. I guess it's time for me to stock up on some cheap 12 month cards online.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

Corbs

773. Posted:

I don't like the price increase, but I also don't mind paying for something if it's good and Xbox Live is the best online service available by a large margin. Nothing else comes close. And with likely only a year or two left in the console's lifespan, just do what Wolf said and snatch a few 12 month cards and call it day. :)

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

774. Posted:

No doubt it's plenty annoying. MS should use a tiered approach in my opinion.

As a side note, if you buy the subscription cards at retail price you're getting suckered. I've bought plenty on eBay (for myself and friends without an eBay account) for 20-30% less.

Edited on by The_Fox

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

775. Posted:

Annoying crap aside, Shank is pretty freaking awesome.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

776. Posted:

Annoying. But honestly, it still comes down to only $5 a month.
Granted, i rarely play online, so maybe i'll let my Gold subscription run out and just say screw it.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.

AuthorMessage

Ravage

777. Posted:

Luckily, only the 1 month is only raising $1 in Canada. We are already supposed to be paying $60 for 12 month, although I think a lot of people buy online or wait for sales.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

778. Posted:

What do you lose if you skip out on Gold membership and stick with Silver? Online support for multiplayer (all games, or just some?) and some occasional early releases of DLC, right? And some of the upcoming stuff (ESPN Live, Hulu+), i think? I don't think i'll really mind if i drop it, but i could go either way.

Any info on the differences (or pointing me to where i could find them) would be appreciated.

The Shpydarloggery

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

779. Posted:

I'm pretty sure you would lose out on Last FM, and the ESPN content I think is gold only. I believe Hulu might be an additional fee on top like with the PS3, but don't quote me on that.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Magi

780. Posted:

Netflix, ESPN, LastFM, Zune, Facebook, Twitter, videoKinect, Hulu Plus, and some multi-player functionality. I'd wait for a second opinion though as I'm not 100% sure on all of those.

Oh and this link talks about a few more differences between gold/silver:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/goldBenefits.htm

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker