Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,526

BrazCanaMan

If any of you have not picked up Destination Arcade, you're missing out on a couple neat Avatar Awards. There is a hoodie and a dragon prop, which in my opinion, it's one of the better animal props out there. Also, what do you all think of Hydro Thunder Hurricane? I played the demo, I thought it wasn't as good as the original; sense of speed is barely there, you don't become "invincible" when you speed boost and you can explode if you hit walls during a jump or at high speeds. There are a couple of positives, for instance jumping is easier (press X instead of "gas-break-gas") the graphics and effects are nice, I thought the tracks were pretty cool especially the big jumps, the boats have cool transformation animations, more different game modes and other little things. It's not perfect (Midway was awesome for race games, Vector and WB Games not so much) but it's definitely the best racer on XBLA. What do you guys think?

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

MetalMario

Oooo Avatar Stuff goes to get Destination Arcade

Oh yeah, I highly recommend Peggle. It's really really good. Also, if you get the new Halo Reach Wireless Controller, you get a Banshee prop for your avatar.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

RandomWiiPlayer

Well I beat Portal and I am on a mission called Highway 17 in Half Life 2. I also really, really, really suck at SSF4.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

BrazCanaMan

So, who's going to be getting Castlevania: Harmony of Despair? I'm going to try to get it this week still.

Now playing:

WolfRamHeart

BrazCanaMan wrote:

So, who's going to be getting Castlevania: Harmony of Despair? I'm going to try to get it this week still.

I was really looking forward to it but after playing the demo I was very unimpressed. I won't be spending my $15 on this game. I would strongly recommend trying it before you buy it.

WolfRamHeart

BrazCanaMan

WolfRamHeart wrote:

BrazCanaMan wrote:

I was really looking forward to it but after playing the demo I was very unimpressed. I won't be spending my $15 on this game. I would strongly recommend trying it before you buy it.

I usually try before I buy, and I liked it so I bought it. I can see how some people got a bad first impression, but this game grows on you and gets better the further you go. I havn't tried multiplayer yet, I'm waiting for people I know to get it to play with them, but I'm sure it'll make the game much more fun. Plus I've always been a Castlevania fan (2d not 3d).

Now playing:

WolfRamHeart

@BrazCanaMan: I'm glad to hear that you are getting some enjoyment out of it. I'm a huge Castlevania fan as well and I knew this game was going to be different but unfortunately I just couldn't get into it. I played it a few times and I did manage to get to the first boss. I actually thought that I had a chance at beating him but he killed me when he broke through the floor. I imagine the game is a lot more fun when you play it with other people since it isn't really meant to be a single-player game. I really wanted to try out the other characters but Alucard is the only one available in the demo. I thought the characters looked way too small even when you adjust the camera. I know you basically grind for better weapons and armor but it is kind of annoying that you can't change your equipment on the fly; you can only do so at certain locations on the map. I might pick it up later on when it drops in price. Since none of my friends are getting it, I'm not in any rush to download it right now.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

The_Fox

I tried the Castlevania demo and thought it was pretty good. I've got a nagging backlog to tend to but I'll pick it up down the line.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Oregano

Forgeworld is looking awesome.

360 games definitely getting:
Halo Reach
COD: Black Ops

Still interested in picking up Splinter Cell: Conviction and Crackdown 2 which I missed out on. Oddly enough, I'm not a big fan of shooters... but I guess when there's so many they're bound to make up a good chunk of your library.

I'm also intrigued by Fable 3 but the footage I've seen looks a bit janky.

Haha.... sorry to derail a bit.

Edited on by Oregano

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

BrazCanaMan

WolfRamHeart wrote:

@BrazCanaMan: I'm glad to hear that you are getting some enjoyment out of it. I'm a huge Castlevania fan as well and I knew this game was going to be different but unfortunately I just couldn't get into it. I played it a few times and I did manage to get to the first boss. I actually thought that I had a chance at beating him but he killed me when he broke through the floor. I imagine the game is a lot more fun when you play it with other people since it isn't really meant to be a single-player game. I really wanted to try out the other characters but Alucard is the only one available in the demo. I thought the characters looked way too small even when you adjust the camera. I know you basically grind for better weapons and armor but it is kind of annoying that you can't change your equipment on the fly; you can only do so at certain locations on the map. I might pick it up later on when it drops in price. Since none of my friends are getting it, I'm not in any rush to download it right now.

Ya, the game does have some irritating quirks, the fact that it's timed and it can't be paused (I understand the no pause thing for multiplayer, but it should pause for single player) but I find it easy to overlook these things. As for the graphics, it's basically slightly updated DS graphics on a HD system... doesn't look the best but I think it works quite well considering you can see the whole map at once and still navigate through the level and there is no lag. All the characters have unique abilities which increases the replay value of the game, so far I'm mainly using Soma Cruz but I've tried the others and it makes a difference in gameplay. If any of you get the game down the road, add me (gamertag in sig) and I'll gladly do some runs and help you get achievements etc...

EDIT:
I also picked up NeoGeo Battle Colliseum, I have it for PS2 but that system only works when it wants to (once in a blue moon), if anyone wants to play.

Edited on by BrazCanaMan

Now playing:

Supermarioman

I've tried a lot of times to convince my self to get a 360, but the new one looks great and I'm thinking about and finally getting an Xbox 360. My thoughts are to save up for the Halo: Reach Bundle coming out soon, I'll be saving for a few months, so is it worth it? Even though other stuff is coming in that period of time?

Supermarioman

The_Fox

Supermarioman wrote:

I've tried a lot of times to convince my self to get a 360, but the new one looks great and I'm thinking about and finally getting an Xbox 360. My thoughts are to save up for the Halo: Reach Bundle coming out soon, I'll be saving for a few months, so is it worth it? Even though other stuff is coming in that period of time?

I can honestly say it is. Plus, the Reach bundle looks sweet.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

The_Fox

Finally got around to Limbo, and I gotta say I wish I had listened to everyone and downloaded it sooner. Awesome game.

-President John Adams

WolfRamHeart

The Fox wrote:

Finally got around to Limbo, and I gotta say I wish I had listened to everyone and downloaded it sooner. Awesome game.

It really is a fantastic game. It isn't very long but I spent a good amount of time going back and unlocking the remaining achievements I didn't get in my first playthrough. I also managed to find 10 of the secret hidden eggs which brings my completion to 108%. I don't think that I'm going to be getting that "No Point in Dying" achievement anytime soon though.

WolfRamHeart

Sean007s

The Fox wrote:

Once I buy my 360. Thats one game I am going to download.
Looks very unique in some ways.
I like it.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

BrazCanaMan

The+Fox wrote:

LIMBO is quite possibly the best puzzle platformer I have ever played (360 exclusive ). Short but sooooo sweet. Plus the Avatar Awards are icing on the cake.

Edited on by BrazCanaMan

Now playing:

Ravage

It looks kind of like Braid, which makes me want it a lot. Braid was a great game. Also, rented Alan Wake, so far, I feel like it really is worth a buy. It is an excellent game, especially if you like Stephen King.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

The_Fox

I've been plowing through some of the XBLA indie games recently, and I've been pretty impressed. Shoot 1up, Soulcaster, I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1NIT!!!1, Breath of Death VII are all pretty great and cheap as hell.

Edited on by The_Fox

-President John Adams

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.