Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,526

Masz52

Last week I finally got a 360. (Arcade Spring 2010 bundle) A lot of games I've played suffer from tiny text. (Nuts & Bolts being the worst but at least they updated it with readable text) I thought I heard something about using component cables to fix that?

WolfRamHeart

If you guys haven't tried Limbo yet then go and download the demo right now. This game is incredible and also very disturbing. It is an experience that stays with you long after you play it. It is definitely one of the best games that I have played this year. It may be a little pricey at 1200 MS points but it is totally worth it.

WolfRamHeart

Chrono_Cross

A friend and I are finally waiting for Limbo to download completely. We've planned to stay up all night and beat this game and well the demo was what really got us to buy it and it's going to be very fun I'm assuming.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

Chrono Cross wrote:

A friend and I are finally waiting for Limbo to download completely. We've planned to stay up all night and beat this game and well the demo was what really got us to buy it and it's going to be very fun I'm assuming.

Good luck with it man, it looks like a lot of fun.

Anybody know if Hydro Thunder is out yet? I'm planning on grabbing it once I'm done with the original, assuming it doesn't suck.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WolfRamHeart

@Mickeymac: Hydro Thunder will be coming out this Wednesday July 28th. It is the second game in the Xbox Summer of Arcade lineup. It looks pretty fun but I'm going to try the demo first since it is 1200 MS points.

WolfRamHeart

Chrono_Cross

Well we beat LIMBO. And it was amazing. Every good thing you hear is true. The graphics are amazing, the music is good, the controls are simple, puzzles are difficult/unique, it is very gory and clever, you literally jump into the game with no introduction of anything, and it all comes together to bring you an experience you've well.... never experienced before. $15 is not steep by any means. It's worth every penny and just to play through it and seeing the ending (which I'm not spoiling but it is one of the best endings I've ever seen. So good I almost cried), is worth more than the system itself. i may be exaggerating a tad on that part but I really enjoyed this game.

The gameplay was intense. From being chased by whatever, to figuring out excruciatingly difficult puzzles, to navigating an object precisely to progress through an obstacle. It's only a few hours long and I recommend it to anybody who wants something new, a challenge, fun, and/or likes puzzle games. The deaths are everything related to entertaining. You don't know how many times we died "to see what happens".

I could go on and on about this game. It's great. It's gory. It's fun/challenging, it's whatever. You got an XBOX and $15 dollars get this game, I haven't played a game on 360 this good since Left4Dead.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

The_Fox

MetalMario wrote:

Halo Fans:

Time to get creative.

The new forge mode looks freaking awesome.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

The_Fox

Masz52 wrote:

Last week I finally got a 360. (Arcade Spring 2010 bundle) A lot of games I've played suffer from tiny text. (Nuts & Bolts being the worst but at least they updated it with readable text) I thought I heard something about using component cables to fix that?

What type of T.V do you have?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Sean007s

Magi wrote:

What comes in the box
■Xbox 360 250 GB S console
■Xbox 360 250 GB S removable hard drive
■Xbox 360 black wireless controller
■Xbox 360 black headset
■Xbox 360 composite A/V cable
■1-month Xbox LIVE Gold membership
■1-year limited console warranty

It also has built-in WiFi capability and is "Kinect-ready" according to the xbox web site.

I don't see any mention of a transfer cable being included in the box, but I don't think it comes with one.

Used to own a 360 Arcade but I sold it within a few months. I had no internet at the time so really it was boring and it was currently on the crappy Dashboard menu. It was unimpressive for me to be honest but now...the 360 looks amazing.
If I get my job,the first thing I am buying is a 360 Slim 250GB. It looks slick,much more quiet and I love the new Updated Menu with the avatars. Oh yes....and the online of course is more social than PS3 which is something I rather like.

Can anyone tell me if the Sonic games on XBL Arcade have Achievements?
And can I buy them separately?

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

MetalMario

Sean007s wrote:

Can anyone tell me if the Sonic games on XBL Arcade have Achievements?
And can I buy them separately?

All games for 360 and arcade have achievements, so yes. And you have to get all 4 seperately. They have Sonic 1 2 and 3, as well as Sonic & Knuckles.

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

The_Fox

I actually like forge. It wasn't super flexible or anything, but if you get a group of friends together you can create some screwball fun.

Off of that topic, shame that the early word for Hydro Thunder seems to be pretty negative.

-President John Adams

RandomWiiPlayer

So, GameStop was out of both Fable II and Crackdown. I got SSF4 and The Orange Box instead. Did I do good?

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

MetalMario

The Fox wrote:

I actually like forge. It wasn't super flexible or anything, but if you get a group of friends together you can create some screwball fun.

Off of that topic, shame that the early word for Hydro Thunder seems to be pretty negative.

I really like what they did with it. It was real clunky in Halo 3, but I still made some pretty sweet maps (one of them is 8-bit Mario. ) This looks awesome.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

The_Fox

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

So, GameStop was out of both Fable II and Crackdown. I got SSF4 and The Orange Box instead. Did I do good?

Yes, yes you did. Both are excellent titles. I'm particularly fond of Episode 2 in the Orange Box.

-President John Adams

The_Fox

MetalMario wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

I really like what they did with it. It was real clunky in Halo 3, but I still made some pretty sweet maps (one of them is 8-bit Mario. ) This looks awesome.

Agreed!

-President John Adams

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.