Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 681 to 700 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

Dezner

681. Posted:

OMG OMG Castlevania: Harmony of Despair due out August 4th! :o

Who's playing with me? :D :D :D Dibs on Shanoa! (Unless we can pick the same character, maybe different color schemes or something...)

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Ravage

682. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

OK, I want to get the Slim. Is it possible to transfer everything from my current HDD to the one on the Slim?

If you have a usb key laying around, you could just use that...

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

683. Posted:

@eripmav :
I was kinda afraid of that regarding Crackdown 2. I think maybe I'll wait until a sale before I pick it up.

@Dezner:
That's a day one download for me. I'm guessing it might run in the $15 range, but no doubt still worth it.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Dezner

684. Posted:

Day One for me as well! :o What's your gamertag, by the way? ;)

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

685. Posted:

@Dezner
My gamertag is Feral Critter. You can find me online several times a week, although I frequently go without my headset.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

686. Posted:

My brother just got the Red Ring of Death recently but somehow, it worked five minutes later. Was he just lucky, or this can happen? But now i'm thinking it would have been better if it didn't work because the 360 Slim has built in wi-fi. :D

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

687. Posted:

@turtlelink
I have heard cases of people getting the red ring, turning the system off only to have it work fine the next day. Usually it was on borrowed time at that point, though.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

BrazCanaMan

688. Posted:

From what I hear, the Red Ring isn't always fatal. There are ways to get around it, there are videos on youtube that show ways to overcome this flaw, which contrary to popular belief, is quite common on all consoles. I know more people who went through more PS3's and Wii's than Xbox360's... myself included. I'm on my first old Xbox360, second Wii, and no PS3 'cause the first and only one I bought broke 30 seconds after I turned it on, after that and going through 3 PS2's I will never buy a Sony console again.

Edit:
Anyone here get Blacklight: Tango Down? Add me if you want to play. Gamertag in Sig.

Edited on by BrazCanaMan

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

689. Posted:

@BrazCanaMan
I tried the demo and and am going to DL it when I get paid on Tuesday. I'll try to hit you up then.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

690. Posted:

My Xbox 360 red rings all the time. I just turn it off, let it cool off for a little while, point a fan at it, then start it up again. Works fine.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Xiepher

691. Posted:

Tried the 1 hour trial of Blacklight: Tango Down and didn't like it. Kept getting killed(one shotted) and never could kill anyone else on othe other team no matter how many bullets I fired into them.

Xiepher

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

692. Posted:

Xiepher wrote:

Tried the 1 hour trial of Blacklight: Tango Down and didn't like it. Kept getting killed(one shotted) and never could kill anyone else on othe other team no matter how many bullets I fired into them.

That's how it is with a lot of competitive shooters like that, at least until you get good enough that you're the one killing everyone before they can gun you down. Just saying, it takes practice. It's not something you're gonna automatically be good at, there'd be no point to it if it were. It's honestly more of a sport than a game.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BrazCanaMan

693. Posted:

@The Fox
Alright, cool. I'll add you now since you posted your gamertag.

@Xiepher
You don't play many FPS's do you? There are games out there that have a faster "death time", or whatever you wanna call it, such as Counter Strike. As long as you get the drop on your opponents and shoot first you can take 'em out easy. And it's easy to know where people are thanks to the virtual helmet.

Edited on by BrazCanaMan

Now playing:

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

694. Posted:

Is Crackdown 1 worth the purchase? I think the sequel looks cool, but I don't want to spend $60 dollars on something I might not like. I was thinking of getting Crackdown used at Gamestop for $15.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

695. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Is Crackdown 1 worth the purchase? I think the sequel looks cool, but I don't want to spend $60 dollars on something I might not like. I was thinking of getting Crackdown used at Gamestop for $15.

Sure. It's not the deepest sandbox style game out there, but buffing your character out tot the point he can hurl cars across the street or leap several stories is good fun. Well worth $15, IMO.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

696. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Yes. Yes it is. It's one of the best Open-World/Sandbox games around, and it's definitely one of the best on the Xbox 360. It's more than worth $15, I can tell ya that.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

697. Posted:

Okay, so what would be a better choice, Crackdown or Fable II? I'm new to both series.

The Game.

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

698. Posted:

Well, they're both great games. I honestly would say Fable II is the better game, but it depends if you would rather have an action game or an RPG. Fable II is much more of a time investment than Crackdown, I can tell you that much.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

BrazCanaMan

699. Posted:

@RandomWiiPlayer
If you like GTA style games, get Crackdown, if you prefer RPGs get Fable II. Personally I prefer Fable II, it lasts longer (sidequests, jobs, bar games, Gargoyles, Demon doors, etc...) and has more to do (weapon customization, raise a family, train your dog, etc...) it even has some cool DLC. Both games have character customization, Crackdown has orbs for specific traits (agility, shooting, speed, strength, etc...) which make your character very superhuman (leaping across buildings and throwing cars at enemies is fun) and changes his appearance (from ugly to super ugly, LOL) whereas Fable II has XP orbs for certain skills (magic, ranged weapons, strength) and your characters appearance changes due to the choices you make (good or evil, pure or corrupt), clothes you choose to wear, and how much force (magic) you use. All in all Fable II is more a deeper, more entertaining gaming experience.

Now playing:

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

700. Posted:

I believe I will go with Fable. Thanks guys. I will probably get Crackdown eventually.

The Game.