Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,526

The_Fox

@MakeMyBiscuit
Glad to hear you're not paying anything for the repair!

@BrazCanaMan
Thanks for the link! A worthy goal, to be sure.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

outrun2sp

Did anyone get a copy of Neo Geo Battle Coliseum its a great title with the best netcode yet of an SNK game. Also plays in true full screen on HD monitors.

They have taken out the 2d backgrounds and is it stands it has the 3d ones only. I can understand this for size reasons.

Anyway great game.

F Zero GX fan forever

The_Fox

I did get Battle Coliseum. A pretty good game, although it seems some characters are quite overpowered, such as Haohmaru.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

shingi_70

Kinect is on front page on youtube

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

BrazCanaMan

If anyone is into shm'ups and has 80 msp to spare, pick up Prismatic Solid, new on XBIG. It's a great value and the graphics are actually quite good for an Indie game.

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

Masz52

Now that the price is lowered I should hopefully be getting a 360 soon. Do the newer systems (still referring to the old model, not the slim) have overheating problems? If so, should I get a fan, or would that be a waste?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm getting a new Arcade model. I heard they use new motherboards that don't Red Ring or E74 errors. Is that true?

Edited on by Masz52

Supermarioman

Well I figure this is the best place to ask the question so here it is, I promised myself as long as Microsoft was cheap I wouldn't buy their console, now they have improved it a deal and is less likely to fail (Though Not Completly I know) and they are including Wi-Fi for the 360, built in with 250 GB Harddrive for 299.99. Now what I need to know is it worth saving for? I would like to play the following games for the system:
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Wars
Halo Reach (Yeah I like Halo)
Portal: Still Alive
Alan Wake
Perfect Dark (Remake)
Perfect Dark Zero
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
and some more downloadable titles.
But however let the record show I'm not good at saving up money and theres a lot coming out soon too IT would probably take me 3-4 months to save that much money and buy a 360 and theres a lot coming up pretty soon like:
Sin and Punishment 2
Metroid: Other M (Which I may just buy while early on anyways)
and anything else that comes out fairly early on this fall, so could you help me?

Supermarioman

Dezner

You've definitely got enough 360 exclusives in your list to warrant a purchase, I'd say. It really depends on how badly you want to play them, though. Most of those games won't be very hard to find at all, so you can definitely wait a bit if you need to.

(also, for when you do get one, COUGH Shadow Complex COUGH)

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Ravage

Masz52 wrote:

Now that the price is lowered I should hopefully be getting a 360 soon. Do the newer systems (still referring to the old model, not the slim) have overheating problems? If so, should I get a fan, or would that be a waste?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm getting a new Arcade model. I heard they use new motherboards that don't Red Ring or E74 errors. Is that true?

I would not worry about a fan unless you keep it in a really confined space and like to run it for a very long time (maybe 12 hours +). There was something about some chip that supposedly does not red ring as often, but I don't think it was limited to the arcade.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Supermarioman

While thanks for the tid bit, but I did fail too mention that I'm not directly allowed to play M-Rated games and this makes me have to sneek them into the house, its not easy for huge expensive titles, but I know my way around it usually, but its hard for me to save like I said, and while thanks for the advice, I would like just a bit more feedback before I do save, please and thank you.

Supermarioman

BrazCanaMan

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project coming out on XBLA for 800MSP next wednesday June 23. Includes Avatar awards (Jetpack, from what I hear)

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

Slapshot

Masz52 wrote:

Watch out if you have cats as my cat loved to lay on the 360 when it was running and that got it the lovely RROD 2 times! Hard to stare at the console while your shooting people in CoD4

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

shingi_70

Anyone get he crackdown demo yet?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

The_Fox

Getting ready to DL it soon. I enjoyed the first, but I hope Crackdown 2 has a little more meat on its bones.

-President John Adams

RandomWiiPlayer

I heard the demo sucked, but I haven't tried it for myself. The first one bored me, so I don't know if I should even bother.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Slapshot

Anyone here getting the Onslaught Addon for Battlefield.... if so let us know whats all up with it, as I want to hear from someone first hand before buying it.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

shingi_70

getting some games and points tommorow. Was thinks of getting FF online but ihear that the installs are crazy and the grind takes forever. The plus The game is cross console gameplay so i'll alwyas have people in the PC/PS2/PS3 to play with. The game is still reciving updates to as three new add-on content is being added starting later this month.

Has anyone played the game.

WAT!

Ravage

It also has a monthly fee attached to it.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Magi

I've kinda been on the fence about FF too shingi. I've got just too much of a backlog to really take that plunge. Take Oblivion for example: I've clocked 58 game-hours into it and I still haven't even started a single quest in the primary quest-line. Too many rpgs...too little time.

Magi

shingi_70

RPG wise i've only played mass effect, blue dragon, and lost oddesy.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.