Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,526

y2josh

@SSBF: Some people can't afford nor want a gaming computer when you can get almost the same thing on a console for a whole lot cheaper.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

CanisWolfred

And some people just want to have all 3 consoles. And some people don't want to play games on the PC. And maybe he wants to play the exclusives that aren't on the PC.Maybe he wants to play online with friends that only have 360s.

It never hurts to ask, but just know that there are many possible reasons as to why people do the things they do.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RandomWiiPlayer

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@Supermarioman: You have an Wii and Playstation 3, why do you need an Xbox 360? Most games on the Xbox 360 can be played on an PC.

Exclusives, and multiplats are generally better on the 360.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Supermarioman

Super: My PC barely handles Sim City 4 right and its a laptop on top of that! Also I just wouldn't be able to invest in a top of the line Computer which would probably take years to even complete. Also many of the games I want aren't on PC:
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Reach
Halo Wars
Beautiful Katamari
Portal: Still Alive
Dead or Alive 4
and more. Thats why. if you ask on why Halo, I love the universe and thank its interesting enough to keep playing the series. Plus I JUST WANT TO FINISH THE DAMN FIGHT!

Supermarioman

Supermarioman

RandomWiiPlayer:
Are you talking all 3 Consoles or 360 and PC?

Supermarioman

RandomWiiPlayer

Supermarioman wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer:
Are you talking all 3 Consoles or 360 and PC?

All three consoles. Generally, the 360 version gets better scores than the PS3/Wii version.

The Game.

DarkG

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@DarkG: Good thing that Microsoft choose to make it free, I would not pay for online play, no matter how much you want me to. Now all they need to do is make the Xbox 360's online play free and I'll buy the system.

If you buy stuff from the marketplace when it is on sale, and use all the other extra features for Gold members, you get a lot of value for those $40 a year... I barely play online, but the amount of content I got the last couple of moths have made it more than worth it for me...

Try to get some prepaid Microsoft Points cards, a lot better than using a CC to buy stuff from the GFWL Marketplace... when you click Buy on a game, you can choose Microsoft Points as payment, and see how much the game costs in MSP... you can use MSP to buy stuff from the Zune Marketplace too.

EDIT: Added Hunter Prime to the Leaderboards: http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=0jOVa5aJ

Edited on by DarkG

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

ItsFuzzyPickles

Ever since I've stepped in here, there has been some discussions of Games for Windows Live. Should we change the title to Xbox 360/Games for Windows thread, since they are both made by Microsoft?

@Supermarioman, RandomWiiPlayer, Mickeymac, and etc who criticise me: I apoligize for what I said. Not realizing this, I am sorry of what I was saying. I'll delete that post immediately.

@DarkG: Nice to hear that you can use Microsoft points. While my PC can't handle much, it should easily be able to handle World of Goo. I believe Tinker is more heavyweight then World of Goo, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@Supermarioman, RandomWiiPlayer, Mickeymac, and etc who criticise me: I apoligize for what I said. Not realizing this, I am sorry of what I was saying. I'll delete that post immediately.

Don't, nobody would be able to understand our posts, and it's not like you caused any harm with it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

cheetahman91

Got the 360 working again thankfully. Just unplugged some 3rd party fan thingy and the dreaded RROD hasn't reappeared since then. Thanks for telling me this stuff anyways fellas.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

DarkG

@Super Smash Bros. Fan1999
No, that would make all PC gamers mad lol, "PC is not a console", although it does play (Awesome) games.
yeah, World of Goo isn't as demanding as Tinker... only problem could be excess of Goo Balls lol, but I doubt there's a PC out there that can run WinXP and can't run World of Goo lol

@cheetahman91
NEVER use third-party coolers that plug into the 360 power adapter... USB fans are fine, since they don't use much energy and actually help moving a bit of air... if you want to get a third party cooler (which is totally unnecesary and costly), get the Intercooler TS or some other that uses it's own external power...

MetalMario

I don't buy ANYthing 3rd party. If I need anything like that, it's gotta be 1st party.

dang, I want to play my 360 more but I can't...

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

cheetahman91

I had nothing to do with the purchase of the fan. That was my fathers doings. I have no clue why he wanted to buy it (cheaper I guess). The only thing I buy for the 360 is games and cards to buy stuff off of XBLA. I don't fool around with that kind of stuff. I didn't even know they could be harmful 'till Friday morning.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

RandomWiiPlayer

I wish March would come already......

The Game.

DarkG

I just played some Godfather II... good game, not awesome, way too GTA-ish for my taste and that's a bad thing... I liked Stranglehold a lot more, specially because of Tequila time lol

what's coming in march? I only have No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle and Pokemon Heart Gold on my calendar for the first half of 2010 lol

EDIT: also, what's with the graphics of The Godfather II? they are fugly! I thought I bought a 360 game... they really aimed for the bare minimum graphics possible to pass Microsoft's requirements (2x AA, 720p native, etc.)... even the PS2 could handle that game without much problems...

Edited on by DarkG

RandomWiiPlayer

March is Bad Company 2's release.

The Game.

Slapshot

Im guessing nobody has caught the statement release yet, but Microsoft has onced again whored theirselves out and bought out the releases of Modern Warfare 2. Both Map Packs are being released on 360 prior to PS3 of course. Im not starting any crap or anything, but it still pisses me off. I think this DLC buy outs by any companies is complete and utter BS I dont care who does it. This one has fully secured that I will never buy another Microsoft console unless Sony somehow hits the can in the future, wich will never happen.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

DarkG

I actually posted it in the CES Highlights, no need to come and make a post trying to start a flame war or something... that's business, and awesome news indeed... that gives more value to the Gold membership (Silver will wait a week, and still get it before any PS3 owners too =D), plus that's good for the devs too (if Microsoft really paid anything for a timed exclusive, which I doubt)

Slapshot

I replied in the PS3 thread, I didnt know you watched that one that much. I had no intention of starting a war, as I have NEVER supported console wars or threads on them. They get way out of hand and threads get locked for it.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

DarkG

I do, always looking for something interesting for it... I really want to use it for more than a BD player to be honest lol

@RandomWiiPlayer
I had no idea... proof that I've never played a Bad Company game in my life lol

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.