Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,526

DarkG

true, nad iot's like $5 on eBay lol

and don't forget Dash of Destruction, the free Arcade game from Doritos... easy 200 GS

and Pac-Man Championship Edition... not the easiest one, but it is easy if you're a veteran Pac-Man player lol

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

y2josh

@DarkG: Ah, there hasn't been much out there I've been wanting to play lately. So, I probably won't be getting very much added to my score any time soon, unless I get Darksiders, but I was thinking of going PS3 for that one.

y2josh

cheetahman91

'K peoples, I gots a question. My 360 just died because it's a piece of f*****g s**t. I'm aware it has a long warranty, and I know I'm still under it. Here's the question: Can they put the old hard drive in the replacement? The reason I'm asking this is because of the arcade games I've purchased. I don't wanna have to repurchase everything again.
Edit: BTW, the cause was then damed RROD.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Magi

AFAIK, the games are linked to your account, not your console. If you were to get a new console, you would just go in and re-download them. Now save game data is probably a different story...

Magi

cheetahman91

@Magi: Thanks. That's good to know. Hopefully they can keep the save data, but that's not a top priority right now.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Supermarioman

So wait does the 360 have a warrinty right out of box or would I have to spend around $80 on a Warrinty of my own cash? This will probably be my decinding factor on whether or not I Buy a 360. SO please help me.

Supermarioman

Supermarioman

Also do you haveto pay shipping to Microsoft if the system gets RROD or E74?

Supermarioman

RandomWiiPlayer

Supermarioman wrote:

So wait does the 360 have a warrinty right out of box or would I have to spend around $80 on a Warrinty of my own cash? This will probably be my decinding factor on whether or not I Buy a 360. SO please help me.

I believe it is out of the box.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Magi

1 year standard warranty and a 3 year warranty against rrod and E74

Magi

MetalMario

How do you get your Gamercard to update? I got 10G today and it's not showing.

Nevermind, it is now.

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

DarkG

Supermarioman wrote:

It comes with a 1 year warranty agains normal problems, and 3 years against E74 and RROD. That's out of the box, and some stores will let you buy extra warranty too (my Arcade has a 1-year warranty with the store, and they will give me either a new one if the console fails during that year, or whatever product replaced it lol, and since that warranty starts only after the manufacturer's, it's awesome)

Microsoft pays for everything within the Country the console was originally bought. That is, if you buy it in the US, they will pick it up and send it back to a US address only, and the same for other countries (this is also true for Sony consoles, Nintendo is a lot more flexible with warranty)

@cheetahman91
when sending the Xbox 360 to Microsoft for warranty DO NOT include cables, Hard Drive, personalized faceplates, controllers or any other kind of accesories, they need ONLY the console. You can start the warranty process either online or by phone.

When your new / repaired console arrives, simply put your old hard drive on it. You might need to recover your gamertag from Xbox LIVE and you'll be good to go, all your purchases and content licenses will have been transfered to your new console, so you won't have to worry about that either
www.xbox.com/support

Edited on by DarkG

Supermarioman

Alright thanks everyone. My final question is would it be worth it to buy a store warrinty while I'm at it, because it would probably drain a lot of my cash if I bought an in-store warrinty.

Supermarioman

DarkG

I bought an in-store warranty only because of the terms it had... if between December 2011 and December 2012 my console breaks, and there's a sucessor to the 360 on the market, they will give me the new console instead lol, and for only $50 it was worth it (specially since the console was discounted by $75 lol, a 2 hours only super discount the store had lol)

If you don't want to, or the terms aren't that good, then don't, and get some games or a prepaid Xbox LIVE Card instead...

MetalMario

That's what I do. Cards are more convenient, IMO.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

DarkG

I forgot to say, that during my trip yesterday to capital city to the US Embassy (to renew my tourist Visa), I went to one of the Entertainment stores there and grabbed a couple of games

I got John Woo Presents: Stranglehold Collector's Edition, The Godfather II and Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition. the first two for 360, and the last one for PC. they were $100 total: $50, $35 and $15 respectively, and they were all new, only problem they had was the outer plastic bag they come wrapped in was pretty much destroyed and repaired with tape or repackaged lol, but they Seal of Authenticity wasn't broken on the ones I got (there was only 1 other Stranglehold CE and it had the seal brokend, and the Standard Edition was nearly mint, but at the same price as CE). The boxes themselves were unharmed, and the discs work =D

There's something bugging me... I saw a couple of games, and I want your opinion:
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath - Seal broken, box slightly damaged, plastic wrap non-existant and sealed with tape: $25
PURE (360) - Upper plastic wrap damaged: $50
PURE (PS3) - Sealed with tape, no plastic, box slightly damaged: $35
Hellboy - plastic wrap and seal broken - $30
Monopoly (PS3) - Sealed with tape, no plastic: $50
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PC) - Brand new-looking, was in the deals basket with a second copy that was barely sealed: $17.50
End War (PC) - barely sealed: $15.50

RandomWiiPlayer

I'm going to GameCrazy tomorrow. Is the game "The Prince of Persia" any good? I've always wanted to get into the series, and with the new game coming out in a few months, it seems like a good time to do it. Should I pick it up?

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

DarkG

yes, you should, it must be pretty cheap by now and is an awesome game... I bought it at launch and have finished it a couple of times already, it has a perfect learning curve and a very good difficulty, as well as an awesome story, I loved it

Slapshot

@RandomWiiPlayer.... your talking about the Cell Shaded Prince of Persia game I would imagine..... if so as DarkG stated it is in fact a incredible game with a fantastic ending that is nothing short of epic.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Supermarioman

Hey what are some underrated 360 classics that don't get much recongnition?

Supermarioman

DarkG

Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Viva PiƱata

it is no wonder they are all from RARE lol, I've loved every single one of them... if you never had and Xbox, you MUST get Conker: LIVE and Reloaded it is one of the funniest and overall best games I've ever played, and Grabbed by the Ghoulies is also an underrated Gem.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.