Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 181 to 200 of 1,530

AuthorMessage

DarkG

181. Posted:

If it was bought on iTunes it won't play until you download the Optional Media Compatibility update from Xbox LIVE...

MP3, WMA, and AAC (After the update) are all fully supported by the Xbox 360...

You could also try putting the files on a USB stick and trying to play them from there on the 360... if they work, then the problem is on the PC side... if they don't, it's probably the files...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

182. Posted:

I downloaded the update, still nothing. MP3 doesn't work. I'll try to find a USB stick and see if that works.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

183. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I downloaded the update, still nothing. MP3 doesn't work. I'll try to find a USB stick and see if that works.

If you can't get MP3 files to play off of an USB device, then as DarkG said it may be the files themselves. I don't stream them from my computer, but Iplay music off of USB devices on the 360 all the time.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

184. Posted:

I can't find my USB stick :(

The Game.

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

185. Posted:

Well, Modern Warfare came today, and I got to play MW2 again. I am enjoying the first one a little more.

The Game.

AuthorMessage

y2josh

186. Posted:

I like the first one better (campaign wise). I haven't played the online in MW1 though since I got 2 first.

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

DarkG

187. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I can't find my USB stick :(

Where did u get the files from? Ripped them from the CD, bought them in an online store, or downloaded them illegally?

If ripped from a CD, try ripping them again, with a different program if possible (if you used Windows Media Player, try iTunes for example). Some incompatible DRM, outdated or corrupted codec, or corrupted file could be the problem.

If bought them online, try making a normal music CD with them and then ripping them back, that would remove any DRM that might be preventing them from being remotely played.

If u got them from an illegal download, they might have some undesirable stuff hidden within them (spyware, adware, malware, downloaders, dialers, etc.) that could harm the Computer and that's why the 360 refuses to play them.

AuthorMessage

Magi

188. Posted:

Well...I beat Shadow Complex last night. That game is pretty darned awesome! I still need to earn a few more achievements like the 100% completion, minimalist, level 50 and the Walking on Water. I did manage to complete the proving grounds. I was shooting for all golds...managed to geta couple of Platinums...then at the end decided I was happy with a few bronzes. heh. Some of them were friggin ridiculous.

I would definately recommend this game, even at full price!

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

189. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Well...I beat Shadow Complex last night. That game is pretty darned awesome! I still need to earn a few more achievements like the 100% completion, minimalist, level 50 and the Walking on Water. I did manage to complete the proving grounds. I was shooting for all golds...managed to geta couple of Platinums...then at the end decided I was happy with a few bronzes. heh. Some of them were friggin ridiculous.

I would definately recommend this game, even at full price!

Yep, it was pretty darn good. I've been hyping it to everyone.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Dezner

190. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Some of them were friggin ridiculous.

Same here, I enjoyed the challenge but some of them made me rage just a bit. (Especially the last one....ugh)

Last night I finally, finally got to Level 50 and my last achievement, so now I can devote my full attention to Bayonetta later today! :o

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

DarkG

191. Posted:

LIMITED TIME
Get a 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription for only $34.99:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029LJIFG?ie=UTF8&tag=a...

AuthorMessage

Magi

192. Posted:

That's 5 bucks cheaper than they usually have it.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

193. Posted:

I beat Modern Warfare and started playing the multiplayer. I kinda suck, but it is still really fun. Does anyone have Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2? I was wondering if I should get it or not.

The Game.

AuthorMessage

DarkG

194. Posted:

I dunno, I'm not a big fan of Marvel comics... maybe that's why I've barely played the first one (it cam free with my Elite...) so I wouldn't be the best to advise for or against it...

I guess that if you like Marvel comics, you can't go wrong with it...

AuthorMessage

y2josh

195. Posted:

I have Marvel UA2. The story is good, but it just doesn't feel right. I liked the first one wayyyy better.

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

Supermarioman

196. Posted:

Hey everyone, I need to ask a few questions. I'm considering buying a 360 with my own money (when I have enough) and I need to hear some honest opinions on the 360 models. Perferably the Jasper Chip or 2009 models if anyone has one and how many times they've had theirs fail. Also do all 360's come with a 3 Year Warrinty right out of the box? Please help me and tell me whether it would be worth the investment.

Supermarioman

AuthorMessage

Supermarioman

197. Posted:

Anyone willing to help me?

Supermarioman

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

198. Posted:

Supermarioman wrote:

Anyone willing to help me?

Chill. Sometimes it takes a while before people see your post and reply (your two posts were only 15 minutes apart).

Yes, the Xbox 360 comes with the warranty. The newer (Jasper) models have proven to be much more reliable than the older ones, although an exact number is tough to track down. I actually have a launch model system that is still working (although I know that is uncommon), but you'll do O.K as long as you keep it under warranty. It's a great system, really, and worth picking up.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

199. Posted:

Can anyone recommend any action-adventure games that aren't Assassins Creed?

The Game.

AuthorMessage

DarkG

200. Posted:

as far as data goes, 2009 models were, just like 2008 models, considered under normal failure rate for a consumer electronics, and given that it comes with a 3 year warranty, there's nothing to worry about

Untitled

Games marked with * are not included in all countries.
Countires where Xbox LIVE isn't available lack the Xbox LIVE Headset, and include a Media Remote instead.

@RandomWiiPlayer
I dunno if they classify, but may I suggest Kameo: Elements of Power and Ninja Gaiden 2? both are quite cheap by now

PS: sorry for the delay, was quite busy playing Castle Crashers with a friend after we came back from the bank lol (I had to pay my CC lol)

Edited on by DarkG