Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,461. Posted:

New Spartan Ops today.

I think at this point Catherine Halsey has become a character beyond redemption. She's so arrogant in her thinking that she can use the information from requiem to save everyone she's willing to ally her self with Didact's hand.

One thing I found odd about the CG was the lack of spartans on Infinity. In HAlo 4 and the first episode of Infinity they showed a lot of Spartans on the ship. I'm assuming that most of them are on world.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,462. Posted:

A little late on this one but finally decided to get some MS points and buy Mark of the Ninja. It is excellent, really don't know why I waited so long on it, one of the best stealth games I've played and I really enjoy the art style.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,463. Posted:

^

My man. Picked it up during the Christmas sale and it blew me away,

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,464. Posted:

I really wish I had bought it sooner, games like this need to be supported so we get more stuff from the team behind it. Everybody went crazy for Journey and The Walking Dead (I thoroughly enjoyed TWD myself) but I think Mark of the Ninja is better than both. Highly recommended to anybody who was like me and looked over the game, especially if you like both the stealth and sidescrolling genres, blends each perfectly. If it goes on sale again, download it, it's worth a purchase at 1200 MSP and an absolute steal at 800 or less.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

BertTheBluBerry

1,465. Posted:

Talking about Side-scollers and Platformers? I've got a favorite. Top of my list is Dust: An Elysian Tail. Was a great game, had a great art style, great soundtrack, and fully voiced dialogue. It had an ok story to it, felt like a basic written anime, but the gameplay was superb. Anybody else got one? I'll check back later, I want to see what everybodies favorite platformers are!

I don't really have an idea for a signature, so I guess this will do. For now.

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5118-1779

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

1,466. Posted:

I agree with @Gamer83 and @BertTheBluBerry. Mark of the Ninja and Dust An Elysian Tail are both great 2D platformers, although they are both hybrids of genres. They are actually the two favourite XBLA games of mine out there (except for Minecraft!).

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,467. Posted:

I think Shadow Complex is still my favorite xbla 2D game. Dead light is pretty good but really hard and linear.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,468. Posted:

Shadow Complex, Dust: An Elysian Tail, N+, Super Meat Boy, Nin2-Jump, and Fez are my favorite platformers on XBLA. 'Splosion Man was also pretty good.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,469. Posted:

Fez really isn't so much a platformer as it is an obscure puzzle game,e wrapped in a platforming skin,

WAT!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,470. Posted:

If we're counting Dust as a platformer, I think Fez should count, too. It's even closer than Dust is, IMO.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,471. Posted:

I would consider both as platformers as terms of traversal around the environment.

However I would consider Dust from a gameplay perspective to be much more tradtional than Fez.

Fez after you hit a certain point becomes pretty obscure in terms of how to solve puzzles,

Probably my only complaint I have about Dust is that everything isn't connected as it is in metroid or shadow complex.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

BertTheBluBerry

1,472. Posted:

I'll check out Shadow Complex tonight, Fez was entertaining and had a great environment. The thing I was dissapointed in was that Dust (besides 6 trial areas) didn't have a new game+ or any other reason to come back to it after story completion.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,473. Posted:

Ok I have a quick question here concerning Boderlands GOTY edition. Not sure if anyone will be able to help but I will ask anyway.

So as I said I have GOTY edition of Borderlands (the first one) that came with two discs of the DLC. My friend has the original first release of Borderlands. He doesnt have internet so he couldnt download the DLC from XBLA. Now could just loan him my discs have him install the DLC to his Xbox and than still be able to use it on my Xbox or is it a one time use?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Dezner

1,474. Posted:

BertTheBluBerry wrote:

I'll check out Shadow Complex tonight,

Heh heh, there's no "checking" out Shadow Complex. Once you start, you won't be able to stop! :p

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,475. Posted:

Shadow Complex is my favorite XBLA game. Anybody into the older Metroid games should give SC a look if they haven't already.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,476. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok I have a quick question here concerning Boderlands GOTY edition. Not sure if anyone will be able to help but I will ask anyway.

So as I said I have GOTY edition of Borderlands (the first one) that came with two discs of the DLC. My friend has the original first release of Borderlands. He doesnt have internet so he couldnt download the DLC from XBLA. Now could just loan him my discs have him install the DLC to his Xbox and than still be able to use it on my Xbox or is it a one time use?

As long as it's the on-disc DLC then he can also install it. A few co-workers and I purchased the Borderlands GOTY edition all at the same time. All of us but one got the on-disc version of the DLC. I lent my disc to the guy who got the download codes so he wouldn't have to actually download everything and it worked just fine.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Supermarioman

1,477. Posted:

Hmmm... I'm very split on what to do with money right now. My live ran out at the end of December and I had just made some big purchases, so I put it off for the time. Now we're a month later and I still haven't gotten around to buying it, but now I'm in a dilemma. I play with friends online with Xbox quite often, so naturally I'm interested in renewing it. However I'm also very interested in map packs for COD since I play online zombies with friends A LOT so I don't know if it would be better to buy a year of live or buy the Season Pass and a month and then by a year next month when I have the money? Additionally there is that niggling problem of not having Xenoblade Chronicles yet either that continues to tempt me....

Supermarioman

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,478. Posted:

If you get Xenoblade Chronicles, you won't need Live for at least a month, if not longer. Just saying.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Supermarioman

1,479. Posted:

Oh I know how long Xenoblade Chronicles is, I've just had trouble with RPGS in the past, but the fact that Xenoblade has a lot of conventions has attracted me to the game despite those problems. Plus it looks and sounds incredible from what I've seen. If I was a little more into RPG's I would have bought it without hesitation, but with that in mind I still really do love Call of Duty zombies regardless of the quality of the game in comparison to probably more deserving games...

Supermarioman

AuthorMessage

BertTheBluBerry

1,480. Posted:

I've been hearing good things about the COD BO2 DLC. Haven't gotten it myself yet, but it has the most content added in any COD DLC to date. Along with the fact that if you bought the season pass, you get the Nuketown zombies map. (If you dont already own that.)
Xenoblade, I have no opinion on that game, so I'll leave it be.
And you can just buy a one month code from Amazon, or buy it directly from your account with a credit card.