Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

NFreak007

1,421. Posted:

Having been Wii-only so far this generation I've decided that there are too many games I've missed out on so I'm planning on buying a 360 soon, hopefully before Christmas. I do however have a few noob-ish questions that I haven't found a straight answer for online that hopefully someone here won't mind answering.
The bundle I'm interested in comes with Skyrim as a download. Does anyone know how big that download is? I'm guessing it's several gigabytes, which brings me to my next question: is it possible to pause a download, turn the console off and resume it another day? My internet tends to get very slow in evenings. If Skyrim is going to take a while to download I'd rather download it in chunks when my internet is speedy rather than have it take too long and have my connection grind to a halt, thus making it take even longer!
Also, I'm a bit confused by Xbox Live accounts. I'm not too fussed about online multiplayer but I do want to be able to download games and DLC. I'm pretty sure a free account will be good enough for that, but are there any features that I'd be locked out of without a Gold account?
Thanks in advance for helping me out. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this thread properly soon!

I was hiding under your porch because I love you...

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

1,422. Posted:

NFreak007 wrote:

Having been Wii-only so far this generation I've decided that there are too many games I've missed out on so I'm planning on buying a 360 soon, hopefully before Christmas. I do however have a few noob-ish questions that I haven't found a straight answer for online that hopefully someone here won't mind answering.
The bundle I'm interested in comes with Skyrim as a download. Does anyone know how big that download is? I'm guessing it's several gigabytes, which brings me to my next question: is it possible to pause a download, turn the console off and resume it another day? My internet tends to get very slow in evenings. If Skyrim is going to take a while to download I'd rather download it in chunks when my internet is speedy rather than have it take too long and have my connection grind to a halt, thus making it take even longer!
Also, I'm a bit confused by Xbox Live accounts. I'm not too fussed about online multiplayer but I do want to be able to download games and DLC. I'm pretty sure a free account will be good enough for that, but are there any features that I'd be locked out of without a Gold account?
Thanks in advance for helping me out. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this thread properly soon!

Well I was actually in the exact situation as you are in a year ago, my friend. I too got a 360 at Christmas last year and I haven't been disappointed! As for Skyrim, I have no idea about the size of it. But it is a bloddy massive game so I'm sure it is 10 + gb so it will take quite a while to download. As for downloading it, it only seems to download if you are on the dashboard (or menu) of the system, so maybe you should leave your system on overnight while downloading (and i may be wrong about that) but if it can't download for any reason (the xbox isn't on, internets too slow, you're playing a game etc.) it will just pause downloading and resume again when it is available to.
As for Xbox Live accounts, you do need a subscription if you want to do anything online basically. I would recommend gold if you can afford to sustain it, because if you have subscribed on silver (or whatever the downgraded subscription is called) you can't do online play (even tough you're not too fussed about that) but I am pretty certain you can download games and dlc, although you are not eligible to weekly deals (which aren't that great anyway).

So I hope that answers your question clearly. If you have anymore feel free to ask!

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

1,423. Posted:

Anybody here play any Xbox multiplayer games that would like to play with me? If so add me!

GT: DarkGameMasterX

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SRankSaturdays/feed
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Halo:Master Chief Collection
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

1,424. Posted:

any of you guys know if there like a good blogging site to go for only xbox related stuff like this one xP hate to ask that question D'=

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,425. Posted:

Just sent you a friend request.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,426. Posted:

@Sirsmugleaf
A quick clarification: Downloads will continue outside of the dashboard, even while playing games or while using some apps. I should add that they will stop if you're playing a game that takes advantage of XBL features such as online multiplayer.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

1,427. Posted:

Okay, that makes sense. It's just weird that what I'm downloading pauses usually when I'm in a game even if I'm not using it online!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

1,428. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

@Sirsmugleaf
A quick clarification: Downloads will continue outside of the dashboard, even while playing games or while using some apps. I should add that they will stop if you're playing a game that takes advantage of XBL features such as online multiplayer.

Sometimes it will pause when you start up the game, but it will often resume in the background. That happens to me all the time; i'll start up a disc, it'll stop whatever it is that i'm downloading, but then later while i'm playign the game i'll get the "Download Completed" pop-up.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,429. Posted:

Super Meat Boy is 50% off right now. Effing buy it right now!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

1,430. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Super Meat Boy is 50% off right now. Effing buy it right now!

I would effing buy it right now too but my 360 just red ringed on me :'(

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,431. Posted:

Why didn't anybody tell me Fez was actually fun? I mean yes, there are no enemies or timers, and you respawn from where you fell, so there's very little challenge, but those are, like, the worst parts of any platformer anyways. Those're the part that gets in the way of the fun. This is just pure puzzle-platforming bliss. It's just you and a beautiful world full of platforms and collectables to explore at your liesure. It's incredibly fun and refreshing. They gotta make more platformers like this.

I also don't see what makes it an artsy/experience game yet, at least anymore than your usual puzzle-platformer, though maybe that'll become more evident as I go along. EDIT: Unless...you spend a lot of time "experiencing" the world? Is that supposed to be it?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,432. Posted:

Picked up quite a few things this week.

Dragon's Dogma
Mark of the ninja
Dust an elysian tail
Sonic adventure 2
Iron Brigade

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,433. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Picked up quite a few things this week.

Crap
Don't Care

Dust an elysian tail

Yawn
What?

Aw heck yeah!!! High Five! Or Not, works out the same.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,434. Posted:

Damn man Mark of the ninja is crazy good. So is Iron Brigade which is by double fine.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,435. Posted:

I'm sure it is, but it's a stealth game, so I don't care.:P Never heard of Iron Brigade, might check that out. But still, Dust is awesome and I'm glad to see someone else bought it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,436. Posted:

That's the beauty of it. Mechanically the game is beautiful and makes you feel like a badass when you get through a whole level without killing anyone or being detected.

Dust is good so far and has been on my radar since last year.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,437. Posted:

I was going to pick up Fez for Christmas expecting a points card, but I didn't get one. I'll have to wait a bit to be able to buy it. It's such a relaxing game going off the demo. Not to mention seems like the dev went through he'll to get it out on the market after watching Indie Game: The Movie.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,438. Posted:

Some of the puzzles are incredibly difficult, actually. Plus they throw in some black whole stuff from time to time that you gotta avoid.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,439. Posted:

Game is hard I"be seen the first ending and that's as far as I'll get. Still pop in the game because its relaxing to just run around.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,440. Posted:

The Borderlands sale is today, for anybody who prefers Games on Demand over an actual physical copy, Borderlands 2 is only $40, and for anybody who hasn't played the first yet, it's only $10 which is a steal.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83