Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,526

RR529

The web browser is live. It takes a bit to type anything in, which isn't surprising (and can be gotten used to), but other than that it loads fast (at least Wikipedia does, that's all I did on my first use), has an easy to understand & use layout, and is much better than either the 3DS', Wii's, or PS3's browser by miles. Next up, to see if it runs flash and/or video sites. Oh, you also get the option to use the mobile version of a website if you want to

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

The_Fox

The browser works better than I expected it to. I don't know how frequently I'll actually use it but it's nice to have.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

SirSmugleaf

Hey guys, IGN just posted their Halo 4 Review, and gave it a 9.8/10 ("Amazing")!
Reviewer Ryan Mccaffrey said it was the best Halo game ever and quite possibly the best game to come out on any platform this year! Oh, Kid Icarus: Uprising better watch out!

Makes the next 6 days or so of waiting VERY painful!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

voulg160

hey would you guys give me your thoughts on this
It's a 320gb limited edition white 360 slim it comes with forza horizion [boxed] and Skyrim and Lego star wars [download ] for $299 australian
should i get i?

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

SirSmugleaf

voulg160 wrote:

hey would you guys give me your thoughts on this
It's a 320gb limited edition white 360 slim it comes with forza horizion [boxed] and Skyrim and Lego star wars [download ] for $299 australian
should i get i?

It's a bargain! It comes with great games! Get it!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

Gamer83

PoshSnivy wrote:

Hey guys, IGN just posted their Halo 4 Review, and gave it a 9.8/10 ("Amazing")!
Reviewer Ryan Mccaffrey said it was the best Halo game ever and quite possibly the best game to come out on any platform this year! Oh, Kid Icarus: Uprising better watch out!

Makes the next 6 days or so of waiting VERY painful!

AC 3 and Liberation will make the wait easier but yeah I absolutely can't wait for Halo 4.

Gamer83

moomoo

Man, Halo 4 is getting a lot of love. I'm getting antsy not being able to play it right now.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Tasuki

Ok I know this might seem like a dumb question but I am not sure of the answer. I just transferred all my data from my old Xbox 360 to my new R2D2 model via the transfer cable. Since the new Xbox can't use the old Hard Drive I am thinking of selling it to a friend of mine since he has an older Xbox model. So when I transferred everything to my new Xbox did that wipe the old hard drive of everything or do I have to manually delete the stuff on the hard drive before I sell it?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

Not sure but you can format the HDD from the settings just in case.

Picking up Halo 4 on Thursday.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

the_shpydar

Tasuki wrote:

Ok I know this might seem like a dumb question but I am not sure of the answer. I just transferred all my data from my old Xbox 360 to my new R2D2 model via the transfer cable. Since the new Xbox can't use the old Hard Drive I am thinking of selling it to a friend of mine since he has an older Xbox model. So when I transferred everything to my new Xbox did that wipe the old hard drive of everything or do I have to manually delete the stuff on the hard drive before I sell it?

If i remember correctly from when i transferred to my Slim, everything gets wiped (except maybe your XBL profile info ... not sure about that now that i think about it).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Gamer83

Halo 4 has surprised the hell out of me. I expected it would be very good but it's even better than I had hoped, actually my favorite game of the year right now with only Hitman left that could possibly change my mind. This game has pulled me away from Assassin's Creed 3 and I don't know as I'll be going back anytime soon. Just finished the campaign recently and will be digging into multiplayer in the next few days. My gamertag is NYYanks3621.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

CinnamonRobin

Having been Wii-only so far this generation I've decided that there are too many games I've missed out on so I'm planning on buying a 360 soon, hopefully before Christmas. I do however have a few noob-ish questions that I haven't found a straight answer for online that hopefully someone here won't mind answering.
The bundle I'm interested in comes with Skyrim as a download. Does anyone know how big that download is? I'm guessing it's several gigabytes, which brings me to my next question: is it possible to pause a download, turn the console off and resume it another day? My internet tends to get very slow in evenings. If Skyrim is going to take a while to download I'd rather download it in chunks when my internet is speedy rather than have it take too long and have my connection grind to a halt, thus making it take even longer!
Also, I'm a bit confused by Xbox Live accounts. I'm not too fussed about online multiplayer but I do want to be able to download games and DLC. I'm pretty sure a free account will be good enough for that, but are there any features that I'd be locked out of without a Gold account?
Thanks in advance for helping me out. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this thread properly soon!

CinnamonRobin

SirSmugleaf

NFreak007 wrote:

Having been Wii-only so far this generation I've decided that there are too many games I've missed out on so I'm planning on buying a 360 soon, hopefully before Christmas. I do however have a few noob-ish questions that I haven't found a straight answer for online that hopefully someone here won't mind answering.
The bundle I'm interested in comes with Skyrim as a download. Does anyone know how big that download is? I'm guessing it's several gigabytes, which brings me to my next question: is it possible to pause a download, turn the console off and resume it another day? My internet tends to get very slow in evenings. If Skyrim is going to take a while to download I'd rather download it in chunks when my internet is speedy rather than have it take too long and have my connection grind to a halt, thus making it take even longer!
Also, I'm a bit confused by Xbox Live accounts. I'm not too fussed about online multiplayer but I do want to be able to download games and DLC. I'm pretty sure a free account will be good enough for that, but are there any features that I'd be locked out of without a Gold account?
Thanks in advance for helping me out. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this thread properly soon!

Well I was actually in the exact situation as you are in a year ago, my friend. I too got a 360 at Christmas last year and I haven't been disappointed! As for Skyrim, I have no idea about the size of it. But it is a bloddy massive game so I'm sure it is 10 + gb so it will take quite a while to download. As for downloading it, it only seems to download if you are on the dashboard (or menu) of the system, so maybe you should leave your system on overnight while downloading (and i may be wrong about that) but if it can't download for any reason (the xbox isn't on, internets too slow, you're playing a game etc.) it will just pause downloading and resume again when it is available to.
As for Xbox Live accounts, you do need a subscription if you want to do anything online basically. I would recommend gold if you can afford to sustain it, because if you have subscribed on silver (or whatever the downgraded subscription is called) you can't do online play (even tough you're not too fussed about that) but I am pretty certain you can download games and dlc, although you are not eligible to weekly deals (which aren't that great anyway).

So I hope that answers your question clearly. If you have anymore feel free to ask!

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

PokeTune

Anybody here play any Xbox multiplayer games that would like to play with me? If so add me!

GT: DarkGameMasterX

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CrossFactorComms/about
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

DarkNinja9

any of you guys know if there like a good blogging site to go for only xbox related stuff like this one xP hate to ask that question D'=

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

shingi_70

Just sent you a friend request.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

The_Fox

@Sirsmugleaf
A quick clarification: Downloads will continue outside of the dashboard, even while playing games or while using some apps. I should add that they will stop if you're playing a game that takes advantage of XBL features such as online multiplayer.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

SirSmugleaf

Okay, that makes sense. It's just weird that what I'm downloading pauses usually when I'm in a game even if I'm not using it online!

the_shpydar

The_Fox wrote:

@Sirsmugleaf
A quick clarification: Downloads will continue outside of the dashboard, even while playing games or while using some apps. I should add that they will stop if you're playing a game that takes advantage of XBL features such as online multiplayer.

Sometimes it will pause when you start up the game, but it will often resume in the background. That happens to me all the time; i'll start up a disc, it'll stop whatever it is that i'm downloading, but then later while i'm playign the game i'll get the "Download Completed" pop-up.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.