Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

TLink9

1,301. Posted:

Magi wrote:

All of them but Trials interest me.

I've never played Minecraft but my kids love it. With 3 Xbox consoles now in the house, it'd be cool to play with each other. $20 per Xbox seems kinda steep though.

There is split screen in Minecraft for Xbox so you only need one console.

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Newton show!
GoldenEyeFC:318406336572
3DS FC: 3308-4551-3937

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

1,302. Posted:

South Park: Tenorman's Revenge is awesome. If you're into South Park or 8bit/16bit-era action platformers, you must get this game. I'm seriously, you guys, i'm seriously. :)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 23 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 11 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,303. Posted:

TLink9 wrote:

Magi wrote:

I've never played Minecraft but my kids love it. With 3 Xbox consoles now in the house, it'd be cool to play with each other. $20 per Xbox seems kinda steep though.

Yeah, I heard it may even be quad-screen, where 4 players can play simultaneously. Call me greedy though, I really love my screen real estate. ;)

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Fuzzy

1,304. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

South Park: Tenorman's Revenge is awesome. If you're into South Park or 8bit/16bit-era action platformers, you must get this game. I'm seriously, you guys, i'm seriously. :)

Yep, I'll be picking this up at some point shortly.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,305. Posted:

Was alittle Bored so I'm going to start posting in this thread more of a news and impressions deal.

First up is Gameinformer revealed yesterday the Cover to the May issue Yesterday with it being a world-exclusive look at Halo 4 a month before the offical reveal at this year's E3, showing off the new look for long time character Cortanta. The 14 page cover story promises to have information on where the story is going, new screenshots and concept art. They are also going to cover hands on with the Mutiplayer component and are promising to give intel on something new in the mutiplayer which should change how the game is played. That's probably the class loadout system alluded by 343's Frank O'Conner at last months at Microsoft's spring showcase.

Untitled

In Release new today Anomaly Warzone Earth was released on Xbox Live Arcade for 800 Microsoft points. The game a port of an IOS title with XBLA exclusive levels is called a Tower Offense game most similar to Dylan's rolling western. I just started the download on the game and will have impressions either later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

We also have two big Multiplayer Betas on the way.
The first is the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Multiplayer beta starting the 19th of this month. To be able to play the beta you either have to Pre-order the Game and get a download code emailed too you or Own a copy of Splinter Cell: Conviction which should get a title update to allow you access the beta.

The 2nd one starting sometime this month is for 5th Cell's XBLA exclusive shooter Hybrid. The Game which is a third person persistent world shooter played with only the face buttons Beta sign ups are still going on at the Hybrid website.

http://www.whatishybrid.com/

And to end the first post of my news segment is to post the releases and sales for next week.which will be edited to reflect in the first post of the thread.

Xbox Live Arcade Releases
The Splatters 11-Apr 800 MS points
World Gone Sour 11-Apr 400 MS points
Skullgirls 11-Apr 1200 MS points
Fez 13-Apr 800 MS points

Deal of the Week
Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package 800 (33% off)
Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack 800 (33% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 1 400 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 1 Germany Only 300 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 400 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 Germany Only 300 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 3 400 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 3 Germany Only 300 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack Bundle 1200 (40% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack Bundle Germany Only 960 (40% off)
Call of Duty: Black Ops RC-XD 160 (33% off)
Modern Warfare 3 Recon Drone 160 (33% off)

Games On Demand
Kinectimals 10-Apr
Air Conflicts Secret Wars 10-Apr
Jurassic Park The Game 10-Apr

adidas Performance 4 Update 10-Apr
NHL Update 10-Apr
Most Wanted 10-Apr

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,306. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

So anyone getting any games from the XBLA Next Promotion.

I sure as hell am not. That's like the Summer of Arcade thing, right? Those haven't been good in years.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,307. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

So anyone getting any games from the XBLA Next Promotion.

I sure as hell am not. That's like the Summer of Arcade thing, right? Those haven't been good in years.

Eh the past few have been decent with either one standput game or a few.

This one has Trails Evolution, Mincraft, Fable Heroes, and Bloodforge

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,308. Posted:

Whoops forgot something in my update.

Next Tuesday Mass Effect 3 will be getting a new Expansion free of charge.

Join the war for Earth in Mass Effect 3! Owners of Mass Effect 3 can download the first multiplayer expansion for no additional cost. The Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack adds new unlockable content: deadly weapons, new consumables, and powerful characters for each class in multiplayer, including the Asari Justicar, Batarian, Geth, and Krogan Battlemaster. Additionally, the Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack also includes 2 new maps, Firebase Condor and Firebase Hydra. Download this pack on April 10th and take the battle online in the critically acclaimed Mass Effect 3 multiplayer experience.

and more details on the Ghost Recon Beta

Find out more about the Ghost Recon Future Soldier beta content, how to play and other important information here.

The beta will give you a first glimpse at the amazing multiplayer of Ghost Recon Future Soldier, which will let you experience the future of warfare like never before.

Select from 3 classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and unlock new gear to battle online on two selected maps.
Gain experience and levels, make decisive choices to customize and develop your character.
Gather Intel on your enemies’ positions and share it with your teammates.
Use the new suppression system to pin your enemies down while your teammates flank them.

he beta will be available from April 19th to May 2nd on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

Pre-loads start on Tuesday April 17th – find out how to pre-load your beta in the “Joining the Beta” section below.
The beta will start on April 19th and will be available to selected users only. Get more details below.
JOINING THE BETA
The beta is available to selected users only:

Splinter Cell Conviction users who still own the game will get access through the game main menu on April 19th.
Selected Uplay members who have linked their account with their Xbox Live or Playstation account will automatically receive an invite. Find out how to link your account here.
People who have pre-ordered Ghost Recon Future Soldier at selected retailers will also receive VIP invites.
Winners of the Facebook sweepstakes will also get early access to the beta. Join the contest here.
Playstation 3
Turn on your PlayStation®3 Console, and select PlayStation® Store from the XMB (Cross Media Bar).
In the upper right hand corner of the PlayStation® Store menu is an icon called Redeem Codes. Select it.
Enter your 12 digit code into the field on the Redeem Codes page, then press continue to successfully redeem your code.
The beta is activated, and the content begins downloading.
For more details on the redeem process on Playstation Store, you can visit the Sony Playstation support website here.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Kaeobais

1,309. Posted:

TLink9 wrote:

Magi wrote:

Seriously? Damn, that might actually sell me on it. I just need to know if it'll update at least close to as often as the PC one.

the_shpydar wrote:

I tried it, didn't like it at all. Just seemed kind of sloppy to me. I'll hold out for the RPG.

Anyone excited for Prototype 2?

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,310. Posted:

Huh didn't realize Prototype 2 was so close to release. Looks good but my gaming budget is shot for this and next month.

Getting An 4000 points card this week.
And Dragon's Dogma and Ghost Recon Future Soldier when they hit.

Anyone else picking up fez next weeK?

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Kaeobais

1,311. Posted:

Yeah, it looks pretty fun. I never played the first, but it's from the same people that made Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, and from the trailers it looks just like it but better.

I dunno. Fez looks interesting, but I'm saving for Sonic 4E2, Kung Fu Strike (maybe), Retro City Rampage, and Quantum Conundrum.

Dragon's Dogma has me interested but I'm wary of it. Something about it gives me a bad feeling.
Granted it does come with a demo for RE6, so I dunno.

Edited on by Kaeobais

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,312. Posted:

I was interested in Fez until I actually saw it. I was hoping for a 3D artstyle. 2D with a 3D camera looks too weird to me, and their not pulling it off as well as Paper Mario.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,313. Posted:

Well fez has been getting a lot of hyper and a lot of industry guys have been tweeting about it as the promo and review codes got sent Friday, apparently its the next big thing next to journey.

But yeah that 2D view with 3D world turning did make me pretty sick at first but it does make for cool puzzle platforming.

So you guys should try dead pixels and cthullu saves the world. The xbox live indie games platform has a lot of good stuff.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Kaeobais

1,314. Posted:

Hypership Out of Control and Decimation X3 are two XBLIG titles that I can't praise enough. Excellent fun. Wizorb and Protect Me Knight are also good games, although the latter is difficult to locate because the listed title is in Japanese, and you can't search the marketplace for Japanese characters.

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

1,315. Posted:

Is no one playing Sine Mora.!!? Jeez you people are missing out!! :D

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,316. Posted:

I forgot about that game. I might grab it the next time I'm in the mood for a new shooter.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

1,317. Posted:

Aw man you should. It's worth it just to stare at the very pretty visuals and listen to the awesome music and to check out the bonkers story, oh and the amazing bosses.............phew. Fortunately under all that ,there is a very good game as well,with some pretty unique mechanics for the SHUMUP genre. I recommend it to anyone who is remotely a fan of shooters. :)

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

1,318. Posted:

Skyrim gets exclusive Kinect support
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-12-the-elder-scroll...

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,319. Posted:

This is the first time voice command has looked remotely appealing, at least in gaming, at least to me. And I mean basically exclusively the shouts. Fus Roh Dah is awesome.

Of course, I don't think a lot of people are fans of both Skyrim and Kinect. That just seems like the two most different fanbases Microsoft could find.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,320. Posted:

Nah. All the comments seem to be pretty happy about this. The short cuts like quick save and mal would be a life saver.

Microsoft seems to have found a good medium with core games and kinect. Mass effect 3, skyrim kinect, and ghost recon seem to be a good start.

Been playing beyond good and evil and its pretty good so far. Takes the zelda forumla to the next level.

So the xboxhl has some nice games hitting in rapid succession.

Alan wake's American Nightmare
Fez
Trail evolution
bloodforge
Fable heroes
minecraft
the witcher 2

WAT!