Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,526

y2josh

I've not been playing much of anything lately except for my player mode in NBA2k12 which is very addicting. And there's nothing coming out for the 360 that will make me want to play anything on it anytime soon. Just thought I should get as much as I can for it while it still has some value.

y2josh

shingi_70

Picking it up only because I want to play the pod racing. waiting till its like $10.

But Man that XBLA lineup is killing it and is crushing in exclusive content. their retail stuff may be shakey but XBLA is where its at

Minecraft xbox edition
Wreckateer
Alan Wake's American Nightmare (already out)
Bloodforge
Fable Heroes
Trails Evolution
South Park: Tenorman’s Revenge
Deadlight
Diabolical Pitch
Haunt (already out)
Fez
Crimson Dragon
Mark of Ninja
Spelunky HD
Battleblock Theater
Hybrid
The Splatters

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

cheetahman91

Please tell me that the third game is fake. I refuse to acknowledge it's existence.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

shingi_70

Order-Sol wrote:

And sadly Fez is still all I want...

And wait, that was an actual game! O_O I'm gonna go cry in the corner now...

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

OldBoy

Anybody downloaded Sine Mora off XBLA yet? I got it at the weekend and it is absolutely awesome. Seriously if you like SHMUP's you NEED this game. Here's a review with a trailer - http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/893987-sine-mora-review-bul...
Its the best looking shooter I've ever seen and the bosses and music are all fantastic.The story mode has a nice learning curve for newbies but the Arcade Insane mode will satisfy the Hardcore peeps as well. The story is bonkers too, which in my eyes is a plus
Check it out ,well worth 1200 points.
LOL who would have thought that the 360 would become the go to console for SHMUPS?!!!

What's this bit for again?

shingi_70

So anyone getting any games from the XBLA Next Promotion.

Untitled

TRIALS EVOLUTION, April 18 for 1200 Microsoft Points
“Trials Evolution” is on every front, the next dimension of the smash-hit, award-winning “Trials HD.” Bust out of the warehouse into an outdoor world of night and day, curved driving lines, and spectacular scenery. Multiplayer comes alive in your living room or on Xbox LIVE. Build your own tracks with the in-game editor or download those of any other player from the new Track Central. Customize your bike and rider with awesome gear and unique parts, enjoy innovative skill games, try ghost racing, beat your friends’ scores and more! Don’t miss the madness!

For you WiiWare fans this is the Motoheroz devs.

Untitled

BLOODFORGE, April 25 for 1200 Microsoft Points
With a brutal combat system, stunning art style, and a deeply compelling story, “Bloodforge” empowers you to slaughter hordes of demonic soldiers, deformed worshippers, and the gods themselves, using ferocious Rage Kills, devastating Rune attacks, and furious Weapon Combos. Help seal Crom’s fate – and the fate of the rest of the world – in this dark, visceral story of revenge, betrayal, and destiny.

Untitled

FABLE HEROES, May 2 for 800 Microsoft Points
“Fable Heroes” is an action-packed, hack-and-slash adventure built for Xbox LIVE Arcade. It delivers a fresh spin on the “Fable” franchise with a unique art style and gameplay that takes playful competition to the next level. Whether on the couch or using Xbox LIVE, up to four players work together to defeat enemies while also competing with one another to collect gold coins and level up. Precious gold collected in Fable Heroes can be imported into the forthcoming Kinect title, Fable: The Journey, providing players with a valuable head start from day one.

Untitled

MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION, May 9 for 1600 Microsoft Points
The infinite possibilities in “Minecraft” just got bigger. “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” brings the global phenomenon to console gamers for the first time. The Xbox LIVE Arcade version of the game features an innovative new crafting interface, natural controller movements, a full Tutorial mode to teach the basics and for the first time in “Minecraft,” split-screen multiplayer as well as over Xbox LIVE.

WAT!

Magi

All of them but Trials interest me.

I've never played Minecraft but my kids love it. With 3 Xbox consoles now in the house, it'd be cool to play with each other. $20 per Xbox seems kinda steep though.

Magi

shingi_70

SO mircosoft has announced some others games coming out soon that aren't apart of XBLA next. Its making me quiver with fear on how many games they have coming up.

March 30
South Park: Tenorman's Revenge MICROSOFT STUDIOS

April 4
Diabolical Pitch (800msp) MICROSOFT STUDIOS
The Pinball Arcade (800msp)

April 6
Anomaly: Warzone Earth (800msp)

April 11
Sour Patch Kids: World Gone Sour (400msp)
The Splatters (800msp) MICROSOFT STUDIOS
Skullgirls (1200)
April 13
FEZ (800msp) MICROSOFT STUDIOS

April 18
Trials Evolution (1200msp) MICROSOFT STUDIOS

April 25
Bloodforge (1200msp) MICROSOFT STUDIOS

Late April
The Walking Dead - Episode One (400msp)

May 2
Awesomenauts (800msp)
Fable Heroes (800msp) MICROSOFT STUDIOS

May 9
Minecraft (1600msp) MICROSOFT STUDIOS

Also Did the Math and I'm picking up 8000 Microsoft points sometime next week. I'll be able to pick up

Skullgirls(Maybe)
FEZ
Trails Evolution
Bloodforge
Awesomenauts
Fable Heroes
Mincraft

Leaving me with 1600 if I don't get Skull Girls. All of That with Dragon's Dogma and Kid Icarus in May should hold me over until the Fall starts.

WAT!

K1LLEGAL

Honestly I don't know how i'm going to get through them all; just got the new South Park game which is really hilarious in multiplayer. Fez and Minecraft are obviously going to be bought. Fable Heroes and Walking Dead also interest me; at least trials evolution doesn't.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCD-3o2EEiJcF3KpTxgD97EQ

https://www.instagram.com/thelovelysnack/

shingi_70

I liked what I played of the Orginal Trails and I hear good things about Motoheroez on the wiiware forum.

But Yeah forgot about the Walking Dead. And even after somehow getting all these I have Dragon's Dogma/Kid Icarus and more XBLA stuff coming in the summer.

WAT!

TLink9

Magi wrote:

I've never played Minecraft but my kids love it. With 3 Xbox consoles now in the house, it'd be cool to play with each other. $20 per Xbox seems kinda steep though.

There is split screen in Minecraft for Xbox so you only need one console.

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

South Park: Tenorman's Revenge is awesome. If you're into South Park or 8bit/16bit-era action platformers, you must get this game. I'm seriously, you guys, i'm seriously.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Magi

TLink9 wrote:

Magi wrote:

There is split screen in Minecraft for Xbox so you only need one console.

Yeah, I heard it may even be quad-screen, where 4 players can play simultaneously. Call me greedy though, I really love my screen real estate.

Magi

Fuzzy

the_shpydar wrote:

South Park: Tenorman's Revenge is awesome. If you're into South Park or 8bit/16bit-era action platformers, you must get this game. I'm seriously, you guys, i'm seriously.

Yep, I'll be picking this up at some point shortly.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

shingi_70

Was alittle Bored so I'm going to start posting in this thread more of a news and impressions deal.

First up is Gameinformer revealed yesterday the Cover to the May issue Yesterday with it being a world-exclusive look at Halo 4 a month before the offical reveal at this year's E3, showing off the new look for long time character Cortanta. The 14 page cover story promises to have information on where the story is going, new screenshots and concept art. They are also going to cover hands on with the Mutiplayer component and are promising to give intel on something new in the mutiplayer which should change how the game is played. That's probably the class loadout system alluded by 343's Frank O'Conner at last months at Microsoft's spring showcase.

Untitled

In Release new today Anomaly Warzone Earth was released on Xbox Live Arcade for 800 Microsoft points. The game a port of an IOS title with XBLA exclusive levels is called a Tower Offense game most similar to Dylan's rolling western. I just started the download on the game and will have impressions either later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

We also have two big Multiplayer Betas on the way.
The first is the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Multiplayer beta starting the 19th of this month. To be able to play the beta you either have to Pre-order the Game and get a download code emailed too you or Own a copy of Splinter Cell: Conviction which should get a title update to allow you access the beta.

The 2nd one starting sometime this month is for 5th Cell's XBLA exclusive shooter Hybrid. The Game which is a third person persistent world shooter played with only the face buttons Beta sign ups are still going on at the Hybrid website.

http://www.whatishybrid.com/

And to end the first post of my news segment is to post the releases and sales for next week.which will be edited to reflect in the first post of the thread.

Xbox Live Arcade Releases
The Splatters 11-Apr 800 MS points
World Gone Sour 11-Apr 400 MS points
Skullgirls 11-Apr 1200 MS points
Fez 13-Apr 800 MS points

Deal of the Week
Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package 800 (33% off)
Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack 800 (33% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 1 400 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 1 Germany Only 300 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 400 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 Germany Only 300 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 3 400 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 3 Germany Only 300 (50% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack Bundle 1200 (40% off)
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack Bundle Germany Only 960 (40% off)
Call of Duty: Black Ops RC-XD 160 (33% off)
Modern Warfare 3 Recon Drone 160 (33% off)

Games On Demand
Kinectimals 10-Apr
Air Conflicts Secret Wars 10-Apr
Jurassic Park The Game 10-Apr

adidas Performance 4 Update 10-Apr
NHL Update 10-Apr
Most Wanted 10-Apr

WAT!

shingi_70

Mickeymac wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

So anyone getting any games from the XBLA Next Promotion.

I sure as hell am not. That's like the Summer of Arcade thing, right? Those haven't been good in years.

Eh the past few have been decent with either one standput game or a few.

This one has Trails Evolution, Mincraft, Fable Heroes, and Bloodforge

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.