Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,241. Posted:

Day 4 of "Xbox 12 Days of Deals":
50% off Mortal Kombat season pass (normally 1200pts, now 600pts)
50% off Deadliest Warrior: Legends (normally 800pts, now 400pts)
50% off Deadliest Warrior: Joan of Arc game addon (normally 240pts, now 120pts)

I'll be skipping today.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,242. Posted:

@shingi I completely agree that Kinect is absolutely amazing technology and Microsoft is doing some incredible things technology minded, but I'm speaking in the realm of what I do: gaming. Both Move and Kinect have the positives and negatives, but to say the Kinect blows Move out of the water is a nearsighted statement. While Kinect can pull your whole body into a game and allow you to play on a horizontal plane, or cube if you will, it's registering of fine movement isn't great. Move on the other hand is wonderful at reading minuscule movements and that's why it translates perfectly into the FPS realms - super fast reaction times and pinpoint accuracy, but Move struggles with full body games that Kinect does so well with. The difference is, Move is much better at giving a gaming experience that appeals to core gamers, where the many limitations of Kinect have staged it as a primarily casual peripheral.

For this last reason is why I think that Microsoft's current hyping up is not centered around Kinect. It doesn't translate into core gaming experiences well and the upcoming big Microsoft titles that use Kinect: Star Wars, Fable, etc. have all been played by the media and have not been received highly at all - especially Star Wars, of which I'm a massive fan. They've got to have something else up their sleeve, because their risking too much with Kinect to place it as a centerfold. Sony's Move is a optional peripheral for those who desire to use it and they can take the risk will little to loose and not to mention that Sony's Vita and the PS3 lineup for 2012 is very big already: All Vita titles, Dust 514, Starhawk, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, The Last Guardian, Sorcery, Twisted Metal, etc.

Microsoft has something up their sleeves! That's my prediction for 2012. :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,243. Posted:

Yeah the Blow out the water was a ton of hyperbole.

CES 2012 Xbox 720 believe.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,244. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Yeah the Blow out the water was a ton of hyperbole.

CES 2012 Xbox 720 believe.

Either that, or Microsoft is dropping a handheld! But, on another Microsoft subject, me and my Dad were talking about Microsoft — he's in high management in computer engineering for a massive company that subcontracts for the US Navy, of which I work as well) — but I can honestly see Microsoft going neck and neck with NASA in the end. Still producing computers, but becoming more of an inventor than a hardware developer. If that was to happen, many would think Microsoft was going down, but it would actually be a massive step-up the ladder for them. Time will tell. :)

AuthorMessage

SimonB79

1,245. Posted:

ah! a 360 thread :D add me guys ... check my sig ... everyones welcome. :D

SimonB79

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0015-7850 | Nintendo Network ID: SimonB79 | Twitter: SimonB79

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,246. Posted:

Just Added you.

So I bought FF XIII and Mass effect 2: The Arrival. (It was goooood)

Have 1000 points left and thinking of getting Magic the gathering and some Indie games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

1,247. Posted:

Is it honestly worth buying a 360 at this point?? And if so, how much should i put into one? I would like to try to play online with some friends I know...specifically on Perfect Dark (remake of the 64 game).

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,248. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

Is it honestly worth buying a 360 at this point?? And if so, how much should i put into one? I would like to try to play online with some friends I know...specifically on Perfect Dark (remake of the 64 game).

Why wouldn't it be worth it.

Perfect Dark still holds up goes toe to toe with the best of the best of FPSs.

XBLA and XBLIG blow all the other DD services out the water. I would also point out some apps but the members here have spoken on how they feel about consoles doing more than games.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

1,249. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

XBLA and XBLIG blow all the other DD services out the water. I would also point out some apps but the members here have spoken on how they feel about consoles doing more than games.

ok. The main reason I ask is one, it's pricey (at least to me who is getting married and getting a Wii U). Another reason is because I figure the next gen system will be out in a couple years.
Perfect Dark is my favorite shooter by far, by the way.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,250. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

ok. The main reason I ask is one, it's pricey (at least to me who is getting married and getting a Wii U). Another reason is because I figure the next gen system will be out in a couple years.
Perfect Dark is my favorite shooter by far, by the way.

I'd say go for it for the Downloadable games and content alone. (will be most likely transferable to the next xbox)

I'd say go for a used system and Buy a big HardDrive.

game i reccomend

Perfect Dark
The banjo games
Bastion
Super Meat boy
Illomilo
Trenched
Stackling
Splosion man
Comic Jumper
Raskulls
Monday night combat

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

1,251. Posted:

I'd say go for it for the Downloadable games and content alone. (will be most likely transferable to the next xbox)

I'd say go for a used system and Buy a big HardDrive.

game i reccomend

Perfect Dark
The banjo games
Bastion
Super Meat boy
Illomilo
Trenched
Stackling
Splosion man
Comic Jumper
Raskulls
Monday night combat

[/quote]

No doubt I'd get the Banjo games. i wish they were still with Nintendo.
Not usually real big in FPS (except for Perfect Dark), but that's what's popular to play with people.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,252. Posted:

Please note that there are demoes for every downloadable game. I say just download demoes of any game that strikes your fancy and try it out. Hell, every year I spend weeks just playing demoes, and I've found a lot of games that I've liked that way.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,253. Posted:

Also on the eve of the sonic 4 episoide II announcement Mircosoft is having a sale on all the sonic games expect sonic CD.

You can get
Sonic the Hedgehog 1
Sonic the hedgehog 2
Sonic the hedgehog 3
Sonic Adventure
Sonic 4 episode 1
Sonic and Kuncles

for around $25

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,254. Posted:

Red Dead Redemption game and DLC are the "Day 9" deals.

So far, I've only purchased one thing from these deals. :(

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,255. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Geez, same here. I hope the last two days are better.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

1,256. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Magi wrote:

Geez, same here. I hope the last two days are better.

In my opinion, Bastion was the best deal out of this whole 12 Days event. I would have picked it up if I didn't already buy it earlier this year. I did pick up Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and Rock of Ages but that is it. Unfortunately, the deals this year have been seriously lacking especially when compared to last year. :(

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,257. Posted:

Day 11 is Gears of War 3 stuff. I'll pass again. :(

Although, everyone should run right out and purchase the Golden Lancer before Xbox eliminates avatar guns.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,258. Posted:

Umm... you forgot SHADOW COMPLEX, LIMBO and TRIALS HD! :D

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,259. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

Umm... you forgot SHADOW COMPLEX, LIMBO and TRIALS HD! :D

Which have been on sale, like, 3 times this year. Most people already bought it. Meanwhile there are a bunch of good games that have never gone on sale, like Guardian Heroes HD.

EDIT: Oh wait, they're not on sale, so I guess your point is that they went on sale this year. Okay then...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,260. Posted:

So NFL Blitz is coming out this week. Was going to spend money on VVVVV but I think i may throw $15 on this instead.

Seems to be a laizer job than NBA Jam.

WAT!