Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,181. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Well I just 100%ed Halo Reach for the 4th time. Now It's getting a little old. I beat Gears of War 3 too. Maybe I should try hardkore mode on GoW3. I cant wait for a new Halo game tho :o

I can't wait for Halo CE Anniversary. The terminals look like great additions to the game and I look forward to seeing how they plan on having that tie into Halo 4.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,182. Posted:

@the_shpydar It's fantastic. Some of the level design gets extremely frustrating at the end and maybe even a bit questionable, but it's still a freaking awesome game. WayForward is beyond on of my favorite developers!

I'd recommend for those who own both the 360 and PS3 to get it on the PS3 for one main reason, and that's that the game plays much better with the D-pad, and the PS3 controller offers the best D-pad between the two.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

1,183. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

I'd recommend for those who own both the 360 and PS3 to get it on the PS3 for one main reason, and that's that the game plays much better with the D-pad, and the PS3 controller offers the best D-pad between the two.

I'd have to agree with that. That's probably my biggest (only?) complaint with the game (and that's not really about the game, rather the system's controller) — plenty of jumps where i wished there was a good d-pad, as you need that extra digital precision.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Cia

1,184. Posted:

i just played Gears of War 3 (after 1&2) through with my friend. It was pretty fun playing co-op, but i have a few several complaints: First af all, the story in every GoW is below bad. It's like been made by bunch of teenagers (manchildren). If you enjoy B-action movies with never ending amounts of one-liners, it's propably entertaining. The ending of GoW 3 was incredibly corny, and the way SPOILER Marcus Fenix murders the locust queen is downright repulsive. And why is the queen of locust a human being? There'd better be a good reason 'cos otherwise that's the most senseless thing ever.
Secondly, the action is incredibly repetitive. Run, cover, shoot ad infinitum. The boss fights on the other hand were a blast, but it would still be boring to play the campaign through alone.
The audiovisual experience were pretty much the same as in the last two games, and we played the game through in 11 hours. All in all, this could have been an expansion to Gow 2 (which could have been the first game's expansion). All the three games are so similar that it could well be only one, 30 hour game. I would give GoW 3 a 7.0/10.

Cia

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,185. Posted:

Hey guys, make sure you check out the massive sales on XBL right now. Outland and The Maw for only 400MSP each is a steal! :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,186. Posted:

Just hit 1000/1000 on Dead Island. Now I need to decide between finishing Fallout: New Vegas or Dragon Age 2. I only need to stay occupied until Skyrim comes out in a few more weeks.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

1,187. Posted:

Daytona USA is coming to XBLA and PSN:

First Radiant Silvergun, then Guardian Heroes, then Sonic CD and now this. SEGA's been on a roll lately.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,188. Posted:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/12/xbox-live-dashboard-preview...

You can register for the beta of the new Metro Dashboard before it drops next month.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Ravage

1,189. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Just hit 1000/1000 on Dead Island. Now I need to decide between finishing Fallout: New Vegas or Dragon Age 2. I only need to stay occupied until Skyrim comes out in a few more weeks.

DA2 probably won't take as long, but Fallout will be much more rewarding and perhaps not make you feel dumber having played it.
I did not like the changed made to Dragon age...

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

y2josh

1,190. Posted:

Daytona USA's theme song was and still is cringeworthy.

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,191. Posted:

Just got Final Fantasy XII

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Dragonfly224

1,192. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/12/xbox-live-dashboard-preview...

You can register for the beta of the new Metro Dashboard before it drops next month.

Cool, so what do you guys think about how the dashboard looks?

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel
Gamertag: Dragonfly224
Playstation Network ID: Tonbo224

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

AuthorMessage

Splat

1,193. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

Daytona USA's theme song was and still is cringeworthy.

Yes, but still a awesome game.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

1,194. Posted:

I think I have one of the versions of Daytona USA for the Saturn somewhere. Too bad I don't know where that or the Saturn are at. :P

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Link245

1,195. Posted:

Anybody want to add me? If you do i'll give you my GamerTag. I play Halo: Reach, Gears of War 2, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and Call of Duty 4.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,196. Posted:

Dragonfly224 wrote:

As a user of a Windows Phone 7, and a big fan of the Metroi UI, I'm digging the pictures I've seen of it so far. I didn't sign up for the beta, but I guess I'll know for sure when it's finally rolled out to us common folk. :)

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Dragonfly224

1,197. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Dragonfly224 wrote:

As a user of a Windows Phone 7, and a big fan of the Metroi UI, I'm digging the pictures I've seen of it so far. I didn't sign up for the beta, but I guess I'll know for sure when it's finally rolled out to us common folk. :)

Yup cant wait...I notice a change on Xbox.com today... looks pretty good. :)

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel
Gamertag: Dragonfly224
Playstation Network ID: Tonbo224

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

AuthorMessage

MetalMario

1,198. Posted:

Halo Anniversary releases soon, anyone else picking that up?

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,199. Posted:

MetalMario wrote:

Halo Anniversary releases soon, anyone else picking that up?

Not sure. Have the money but was going to get Mario 3D land.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,200. Posted:

I was gonna pre-order it, but now I gotta focus on the PS3.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~