Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,141. Posted:

@Tasuki I'm sure someone will get one and give an Impressions article. I haven't invested in Kinect. It's not because I don't want it, but it's that I just don't have the time. I enjoy playing Indie games and I use my little free time doing reviews for them instead. ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,142. Posted:

Summer of Arcade is nearing! :D

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,143. Posted:

Too bad I don't like the selection so far. Hopefully the sales will be better.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,144. Posted:

Just got 6800ms pts stolen from my acct yesterday. Microsoft is on the case though.

of ALL the games that were availble, they were spent on some crappy guitar hero nonsense

The biggest problem I have is that I can't get on Live for the next 1-3 weeks while they investigate. I hate that. :(

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

GreatManaTree

1,145. Posted:

I haven't touch my 360 for a month now...since i have a 3DS.....will check it out now :)

GreatManaTree

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,146. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Just got 6800ms pts stolen from my acct yesterday. Microsoft is on the case though.

of ALL the games that were availble, they were spent on some crappy guitar hero nonsense

The biggest problem I have is that I can't get on Live for the next 1-3 weeks while they investigate. I hate that. :(

Dude, that sucks! Make sure you keep us posted on what the investigation reveals.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,147. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

Make sure you keep us posted on what the investigation reveals.

Will do!

I must say, the two ladies I spoke with at XBox customer support were two of the nicest people I've ever spoken with on a customer support line.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,148. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

Magi wrote:

Dude, that sucks! Make sure you keep us posted on what the investigation reveals.

The good folks at Microsoft just concluded their investigation and I've been refunded my 6800 MS points. Now I'm going on a spending spree. I'll never let this happen again. Sucks too because I like to pick up some extra cards when I find a good sale. Maybe now I'll just buy them but not redeem them until I'm ready to use them.

So far I've purchased some avatar goodies and I plan to get the DA2 DLC, possibly the Fable 3 DLC, Bastion, and the Dungeons and Dragons game.

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,149. Posted:

Magi wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Magi wrote:

The good folks at Microsoft just concluded their investigation and I've been refunded my 6800 MS points. Now I'm going on a spending spree. I'll never let this happen again. Sucks too because I like to pick up some extra cards when I find a good sale. Maybe now I'll just buy them but not redeem them until I'm ready to use them.

So far I've purchased some avatar goodies and I plan to get the DA2 DLC, possibly the Fable 3 DLC, Bastion, and the Dungeons and Dragons game.

A shame it happened in the first place, but I'm glad everything worked out. :)

Sounds like a good plan to hold off on redeeming the cards until you're ready to use them. That's what I usually do, mostly because I'm paranoid a situation like what you went through would occur.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,150. Posted:

Looks like Sonic CD is making its way to XBL. I wonder if this mean it could be coming to the Wii VC or even the Wii U VC.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6330696.html

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

1,151. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Looks like Sonic CD is making its way to XBL. I wonder if this mean it could be coming to the Wii VC or even the Wii U VC.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6330696.html

That's great news. Sega should re-release Shining Force CD too if they're going to re-release any more Sega CD games.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,152. Posted:

@Magi Glad you got it worked out. Be cautious of the Dungeons and Dragons title though, it's not very good.

@Tasuki I saw that one too, but didn't get a chance to post anything about it. I can't wait to play through that one again. Our SEGA CD didn't last too long before it burned out.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,153. Posted:

Sonic CD is my favorite 2-D Sonic hands down.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,154. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

@Magi Glad you got it worked out. Be cautious of the Dungeons and Dragons title though, it's not very good.

Thanks for the heads-up. I played the demo on the disc that came with OXM and it seemed ok. Is it more of the same or does it deviate from the demo quite a bit? I've also got a friend who purchased it (basically because it had "D&D" on it) so I'll at least have someone to play with.

I can never seem to find anything to buy when I've got "cash" to blow. When I'm broke, there's tons of things I want...

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,155. Posted:

@Magi Here's our review for it over at DigitallyDownloaded (Only linking to an outside site because we don't have a review in this network for the game ;) ). We've been getting quite a few XBLA review codes coming our way lately. :)

All the Summer of Arcade games have been received quite well, especially Bastion, which has been called the ultimate game for XBLA. I'm going to snag it as soon as I get the majority of my backlog knocked down.

Edited on by Slapshot

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,156. Posted:

Oh, sorry for the double post, but if anyone of you have an extra 80 MSP in your account, snag up the XBLA Indie Game called Pixelbit Helicopter Challenge, it's an incredible game and worth way more than the asking price. Just be sure to change the control settings to Reverse RC to get the true RC Helicopter controls. :)

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,157. Posted:

Just picked up Bastion and it's pretty great. The narration definitely isn't for everyone but I think it was easily the pick of the Summer of Arcade.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

1,158. Posted:

Picked up Deus Ex:HR last night.Never played a game in this series before but Holy Crap!! is it awesome. Fantastic atmosphere and a genuinely intresting and well written story (so far). Great choice of play styles (stealth or all out blasting) I'm kinda playing it somewhere down the middle at the moment but I may upgrade my stealth abilties going forward and it seems like the story has lots of branching outcomes.If you have any interest in this game I suggest you give it a go, it really is something special. :)
@The_Fox Bastion sounds great and is definetly on my to buy list, just so many good games coming out in the near future I fear it may get forgotten :D

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,159. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

@Tasuki I saw that one too, but didn't get a chance to post anything about it. I can't wait to play through that one again. Our SEGA CD didn't last too long before it burned out.

Yeah it was one of my favorite Sonic games. I still fire up the ol Genesis with the Sega CD every once in awhile to play that one. In fact I just played it a few weeks ago.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,160. Posted:

@Tasuki Glad to know that a SEGA CD is still functional! :D

Well, the Xbox 360 Slim has now officially been hacked. Of course, not in anyway to promote piracy, but instead to allow for the guy to be able to use his hardware in anyway that he would like. The same crap as always. Good thing it has a very low success rate and is frustrating to get to boot up, so this could be fixed before it ever becomes more mainstream. It will still up the hacking in shooter though. :(