Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,101. Posted:

So what are everyone's impressions of The Microsoft press conference?

Modern Warfare 3 didn't show much so I can't say anything about it.
Tomb Raider looks really good, but I just wish they'd show more.
The rest was all Kinect stuff, and I must say, while I appreciate what they're doing with it, and it seems like they're coming up with some really creative stuff thought up...but they just still haven't convinced me to get that thing. And Fable: The Journey looks terrible. An on-rails game, seriously? Such a waste of the brand name.
Don't even get me started on that Disney thing.
Lastly I was excited for Halo 4 until I remembered that I still haven't gotten Halo Reach yet, nor did I finish Halo ODST. Looks like another game I'll have to pick out of the bargain bins at the end of the console's lifespan.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

1,102. Posted:

@Mickey - I think Bungie has officially moved on from the Halo series now as far as I understand. Personally I'm kinda psyched, as Marathon was one of my favorite prototype-era FPSes and I'd love to see them let their creativity run wild again without being shoehorned into the somewhat-average bros-in-space theme.

I don't remember where I heard that though. Also, that sucks about Fable--I always felt the series, while open-world, still felt a bit on-railsy, as dungeons/forests/etc. in that the first had such tiny paths through environments as opposed to something like Elder Scrolls or Gothic. Tis a shame they're going full-monty this time around :( Oh well--at least 360 will keep getting good shoot em ups! That pseudo-Gradius kinda tongue-in-cheek chicks-with-boobs shoot em up looks hilarious. And that description is adequate. I promise.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

Retro_Gamer

1,103. Posted:

To be honest I was really expecting more but they seem to be concentrating too much on Kinect, which is neat and all but not really something I'd want to use for some serious gaming. I really can't believe Halo 4 was announced, there already is 3 Halo games on the one system so we really don't need anymore, although the HD anniversary pack would be pretty cool for fans. What I am looking forward to is that Metal Gear HD collection with MGS 2, 3 and Peacewalker, I'll be picking that up for sure.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,104. Posted:

Wait, did they show Otomedus Exellent and I missed it?!

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,105. Posted:

I'm terrified about what that "two sided pillowcase" that Otomedius Excellent comes with is going to be used for.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

y2josh

1,106. Posted:

Can't believe they didn't show their next console. This year seems like its the perfect time, next year seems too late.

y2josh

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,107. Posted:

They just came out with Kinect, why would they release a new console?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

y2josh

1,108. Posted:

If they announce the console this year then Holiday 2012 would be around about the time it came out. I don't really think Kinect gaming is going to make much of an impact and will be forgot about by then.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,109. Posted:

Random Thoughts

• I'm impressed with the way Kinect is being integrated into core games with voice command.

• Fable: The Journey didn't look bad because it was on-rails, but because there wasn't any precision in the movements. It's literally a 'make this motion here, without the need to aim' that is disappointing.
  • Gears of War 3 - Bring it on Epic!!!
  • Halo Remake is awesome. Seriously, it's about time we get to play those awesome maps online!!! Instant buy!
  • Where is the new XBLA Games? Where is Shadow Complex 2?
  • I'm glad they didn't jump the gun with Xbox 720 - the 360 is still crazy powerful and doesn't need the upgrade anytime soon.
  • Too much Kinect stuff, not enough new core games, I don't care about Kinect Social Integration, but overall it was a much better performance than I expected it too be. I really wasn't expecting to come off that presentation thinking, "I'm going to end up having to get a Kinect for Mass Effect 3 now"!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,110. Posted:

Just a note, since they're only using kinect for the sound, you may be able to use a headset for Mass Effect 3.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,111. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Just a note, since they're only using kinect for the sound, you may be able to use a headset for Mass Effect 3.

Maybe, but I doubt it, because then their wouldn't be a reason for Kinect. ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,112. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Maybe, but I doubt it, because then their wouldn't be a reason for Kinect. ;)

Then they better use more of the damn thing than the sound, damn it!

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

1,113. Posted:

I'm quite frankly surprised by MS's underwhelming E3. A few neat things, but nothing we didn't already know about, and i don't really care at all for anything Kinect (with the possible exception of Star Wars, since i'm such a SW fanboy ... but it actually looked a little weak, and i'm not buying Kinect just for that), and another Halo ... yawn and a half.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,114. Posted:

When was the last time Microsoft had a good E3?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,115. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Yesterday

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

geek-master

1,116. Posted:

i think the new xbox experience is Microsoft's answer to windows 8 on the 360. but there is still more to be heard of from Microsoft on W8. but what is it with Microsoft and there boxy icons? :S

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,117. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Yesterday

Agreed. I heard lots of things that impressed me.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

AmySmart

1,118. Posted:

Has someone try a PS5 by sony? I think it is much better than XBox 360 in comparison in sound and picture quality.

Shaker Kitchen Cabinets

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,119. Posted:

AmySmart wrote:

Has someone try a PS5 by sony? I think it is much better than XBox 360 in comparison in sound and picture quality.

... i was going to delete this post since AmySmart's a spammer, but that comment is too hilariously wrong to not leave standing.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Ravage

1,120. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

AmySmart wrote:

... i was going to delete this post since AmySmart's a spammer, but that comment is too hilariously wrong to not leave standing.

I just looked and laughed. Good call :D

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!