Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

Lotice-Paladin

1,041. Posted:

Hydrophobia is pretty good for a short game but wait until it drops in price. Toy Soldiers too.

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

AuthorMessage

Ravage

1,042. Posted:

Don't forget about Perfect Dark!

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,043. Posted:

I used to use a shared account, but I set up my own now. Gamertag is SlappyBoy82

Add me up! :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

1,044. Posted:

Hey Slapshot, so you have a 360 now? Cool man, I'll be sure to send you an invite! There is a ton of great games on XBLA. You should definitely check out Outland. It is from Housemarque, the people who made Super Stardust HD and Dead Nation. It was supposed to be out on PSN this week too but we all know what happened there.

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,045. Posted:

@Wolf... man you are a beast on Trials HD! I though Trials 2 on PC was fun, but this iteration is awesome.

I also got about 30 minutes with Limbo tonight, and it's everything I wanted it to be and more. Fantastic dynamic lighting, ambient sounds set the mood perfectly and creepy as heck, but I didn't expect it to be so gory - and I love it even more for it, as it just adds to the games atmosphere! Great game, and Indy gaming at its finest! :)

I do thing I'll snatch up Splinter Cell Conviction tomorrow. I've wanted to play it for so long that I can't pass it up anymore.

Oh, and one more thing. This is the first time I've played with the Avatars on 360, and I have to say that I'm very impressed. RARE did a great job on this system. I like how the Arcade games unlock Avatar stuff. It's a great element to the system, and my goodness how Live Arcade has flourished in the last two years! :)

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,046. Posted:

Let me know what you think of Conviction when you play it. Some people (like me) enjoyed the approach the game took, while others thought it veered too far from the standard formula.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

1,047. Posted:

@Slapshot: Thanks man. I'm not really that good at Trials HD. You should see Y2Josh's scores on that game. He owns that game! I actually haven't played it in a while but I played some last night. Lots of fun but some of those achievements are just brutal to get. Oh and the DLC packs for that game are excellent. You should definitely check them out!

I loved Limbo. I wasn't expecting it to be so gory either, even though you only see the silhouettes it still freaks you out the first time you play it..

Yeah, the avatars have definitely come a long way. I didn't really pay them much attention when they were first implemented but unlocking items for them via Avatar rewards is pretty cool.

Oh and finally, if you get the chance download Doritos Crash Course and Harm's Way on the XBLA. They are both really fun and best of all they are both free.:)

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,048. Posted:

WolfRamHeart wrote:

Oh and finally, if you get the chance download Doritos Crash Course and Harm's Way on the XBLA. They are both really fun and best of all they are both free.:)

Fixin' to do this now! Thanks for the heads up on the freebies!

I'll also have to get Josh on my Friends List as well. I've always been a huge fan of the Trials games, and this one is just awesome, and if I don't already have the DLC - I bought it in the new 3-pack Limbo, Trials and Splosion Man - I'll definitely be grabbing the DLC as well.

@Fox... I will do, it's been so long since I've played a Splinter Cell title I'm really excited to pop it in here in a few minutes. I've got to get some Trials on first though! ;) EDIT: Oh, what's your Gamertag?

Edited on by Slapshot

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

1,049. Posted:

The+Fox wrote:

Let me know what you think of Conviction when you play it. Some people (like me) enjoyed the approach the game took, while others thought it veered too far from the standard formula.

I liked Conviction for what it was (though it was awfully short), but i totally get that some people didn't dig it — t was quite a deviation from the traditional/classic Splinter Cell. But there were a lot of cool gameplay mechanics, and the little touches like the "cutscenes" playing like film projections within the level and the "objectives written on the wall" deal.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,050. Posted:

@the shypdar
I agree with you totally there. I'm glad I picked it up a bit late and got it on sale or the length probably would have bothered me more.

@Slapshot
I have 3 tags but the one I game online with the most is Feral Critter. The others I just use for offline gaming and achievement grinding. Sad, I know. :)

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

1,051. Posted:

@Fox
Definitely. I actually borrowed from a friend (translation: cost=$0), and after i finished it i thought the same sort of thing — that i probably would have been harsher on it if i had bought it when it first came out like i had originally intended.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Ravage

1,052. Posted:

I also had the same thoughts on Conviction. Actually, I didn't like some of the levels as much either. They all felt pretty linear whereas there was always a level or two where you had a bit more freedom. I'll have to replay it sometime. I played a bit of multiplayer with a friend for half an hour. Seems like it could be good fun, but a bit meh. Wish it had that vs mode from Chaos Theory. Actually, the coop in Chaos Theory had a lot more nifty gadgets from what I remember.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

y2josh

1,053. Posted:

@WolfRamHeart: Yeah I got addicted to that game a while back, I never was able to beat every stage though, those last 5 are hellishly hard. I think I beat one or two of them though.

@Slappy: Yeah feel free to add me. I'll probably hook up my 360 again soon as my Tiger Woods partner is about to be graduating.

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,054. Posted:

@Josh... yeah do. The more people that have Trials HD, the more records I've got to break! ;)

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,055. Posted:

Can't stop playing Trials HD! I try to stop, but I just can't. I've put 2 hours into the second Expert stage and can't get through one little section. This game makes my hard-core gaming rage pump like crazy. My breaks from this one level only continue to get fueled by gaining Golds in the other levels. :)

Oh, if anyone wants to try to take my record. The Skills level Ski Jump, I acquired a Platinum Trophy in it, and I dare someone to try to beat my record. :O

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,056. Posted:

Oh man, Trials HD. That game stole so many hours of my life when it came out.....

Normally I'm not a big fan of replaying levels in a game over and over again to get it perfect, but something about it just sucked me in. Same thing with Super Meat Boy. :)

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,057. Posted:

@Fox... speaking of Super Meat Boy, the controls are so much better on 360. I think that once I finish up what I've already got I'll be buying it once again.

I got to the very end of the last Extreme level on Trials HD! Only need to finish it and then the Endurance and I'll have all the achievements — minus the DLC which I will be buying as well! :)

AuthorMessage

wisefool

1,058. Posted:

Has anyone played Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, and what did you think of it? I am debating on getting since it is on sale this week.

3DS: 1075-0724-6518

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

1,059. Posted:

I got Mortal Kombat last weekend. It is alright, but it isn't nearly as good as MvsC3 or SSFIV. I also wish the 360 got an exclusive character, but hey, at least we got Avatars in the King of the Hill lobby...Totally makes up for the lack of Kratos.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

Xkhaoz

1,060. Posted:

I went to a friends and played Reach. The whole time I was like, "I want mai Mote control back!"

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz