Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,534

AuthorMessage

EliPro

1,021. Posted:

Let's say you have 60 bucks worth of Microsoft points, and you have to get anyone of these games to stay in the 60 buck limit, which one's would it be? RE5,COD 4, BBC2 Vietnam, Halo Reach Defiant Map Pack, MW2, Hard Corps uprising, SSFIV DLCs, Red Dead, Halo 3,Borderlands, Fallout 3,Gears 2,Splinter Cell Conviction, Marvel vs Capcom 2, AC2, Dead Space,Scott Pilgrim,Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 4,Bioshock 1 and 2,or GTAIV

Wii FC:5954-2958-4632-5792
GE007:00555-9505-006
Brawl:1634-0151-9007
3DS:3609-1031-8007
Steam:WindSquid
Xbox Live GT:windsquid887
Im currently playing:
Plants Vs Zombies

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,022. Posted:

Since I already have Bioshock 1 & 2, Devil May Cry 4, Bayonetta, Gears of War 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Dead Space, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, RE5, and MW2, I'd get Borderlands, Scott Pilgrim, and Hard Corps Uprising.

If I didn't have those games, I'd get Bioshock, Bayonetta, and if I have enough left over, Scott Pilgrim.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

1,023. Posted:

If you like FPS's get - BBBC
If you like RPG's get Fallout 3
If you like action/Fighting games get Bayonetta
finally if you like open world get GTA IV
Simples :)

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

Ravage

1,024. Posted:

I would get Red Dead Redemption immediately (assuming you are talking about the full game). I don`t know how much it costs in MS points, but if I had enough left over I would go with either AC2, Bioshock, or B:BC2 Vietnam.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,025. Posted:

http://360.mmgn.com/Articles/Microsoft-and-Casual-Gamers

Hey guys, you know I'm no fan of system rants or anything, but I found a really interesting article I wanted to put in here to get your take on it. It's a well written piece, and the writer makes some really good points about the industry, Microsoft and the future of gaming in general, but all centered around this current shift Microsoft has rapidly taken with the system. I'm really interested in what your take is on this subject. I've been following this for quite some time, as I love the gaming industry in general, and I'm not sure what to think myself.

It's also no secret that the PS3 just gained the largest install base worldwide in the next-gen market, and I do think that Microsoft is shaping up to withdraw from the "hardcore" gaming market is a possibility. I think they might be going to to a complete XBOX Live Marketplace/Kinect focused company in the future, but it's just an idea in my head. I honestly don't wish it, but it almost seems that way, and I think E3 will really be a telltale.

The market is really unstable at the moment. There is just too many game flooding the market, and so many great titles to boot. That may seem great, but in actuality it just means less sales per game and Microsoft hasn't been in the massive exclusive titles list in a longtime.

What are your opinions on this?

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,026. Posted:

@Slapshot
That was indeed an interesting article. I think it was a bit knee jerk about Microsoft's intentions towards the system, but I have to admit that 2011 hasn't seen as much energy from Microsoft. Yet, anyway. I did notice the article made a number of statements and proceeded to back them up with nothing. While Microsoft is excited about the Kinect, I'm going to say they still remember which side their toast is buttered on.

I will say that Sony gaining the largest install base worldwide has mostly to do with one thing: Japan. They're a bit xenophobic when it comes to consoles meaning the 360 can't get a handhold in there. The system holds its own in NA and Europe. Both systems are better than a box full of puppies, though, so I'm not trying to start some fanboy thing here.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Lotice-Paladin

1,027. Posted:

I personally think Microsoft is best as an online service anyway...XBLA has been a huge success from them and if they ever did retreat from the market like SEGA did, I want them to at least team up with Sony and make the PSN service very XBLA like....I really don't like the PSN service currently (not hating on it, but it does lack something which XBLA seems to have), so if they could use the XBLA template on PSN, then the Sony Online team can actually make games on the platform that maybe as big as Blizzard's WoW.

Anyways, although Microsoft have got some good games from their limited first party stuff...they seem to only really buy support from the developers.

Also, they could educate Sony into making online massive in Japan and even include ports of popular Japanese Arcade games within the Playstation...I think a partnership would be much better then the two competing...as the two current consoles are neck and neck retail wise but Sony have better exclusives whilst Microsoft have better online intergration...teaming up is a no-brainer.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,028. Posted:

@Fox... oh, you are definitely correct on the PS3 install base mostly being in Japan. The 360 reigns supreme in the US and UK, and probably will stay that way for a longtime. Kinect has proven to be extremely limited, and I'm willing to bet a controller interface is fixing to be brought into the mix. Kinect as it stands now isn't suitable for core gaming.

@Starlight... PSN is missing Limbo! In all honesty though, competition is what runs the markets. If Microsoft were to pull out of the home console market for core gamers, then what would drive Sony to constantly better themselves, or vice-versa?

AuthorMessage

Lotice-Paladin

1,029. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

@Starlight... PSN is missing Limbo! In all honesty though, competition is what runs the markets. If Microsoft were to pull out of the home console market for core gamers, then what would drive Sony to constantly better themselves, or vice-versa?

I understand that there'd be a lack of competitors in the market if that were to happen, but we seemed ok when SEGA bailed out as I am guessing MS was waiting for an oppurtunity to get in there.

Although we don't need more then 2/3 creating hardware at any one time....if Microsoft teamed up with Sony, I could see Apple perhaps taking a stab at the games industry and seeing where it goes.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,030. Posted:

@Starlight.... there is a big issue with Microsoft and Sony teaming up. The companies have entirely different strategies towards the gaming industry, and it simply wouldn't work. Microsoft is big on making money,and sticking with their core brands, and Sony is really big of paying lots of money to developers and allowing them complete freedom to develop whatever they desire. That is why Sony has always had massive third-party support.

If you could take the best of both the companies and put them together, it would indeed be a system to trump all, but it wouldn't work that way. I do see where you're coming from though. ;)

We need Microsoft in the mix though. They represent everything that is great about American gaming, while Sony and Nintendo lean on the niche genres and Japanese influence.

AuthorMessage

Lotice-Paladin

1,031. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

@Starlight.... there is a big issue with Microsoft and Sony teaming up. The companies have entirely different strategies towards the gaming industry, and it simply wouldn't work. Microsoft is big on making money,and sticking with their core brands, and Sony is really big of paying lots of money to developers and allowing them complete freedom to develop whatever they desire. That is why Sony has always had massive third-party support.

If you could take the best of both the companies and put them together, it would indeed be a system to trump all, but it wouldn't work that way. I do see where you're coming from though. ;)

We need Microsoft in the mix though. They represent everything that is great about American gaming, while Sony and Nintendo lean on the niche genres and Japanese influence.

Yeah, it's understandable that two different business structures won't work...but we can all dream....and it'd put a stop to Fanboys.

I can see that Microsoft have improved the whole view of Westernised gaming...although it's always been accepted even during the C64 days...but I guess it's even more accepted thanks to games like Call of Duty and Fallout.

My Starloggery

AuthorMessage

Highwinter

1,032. Posted:

I don't see MS ever making a withdrawal from retail games.. but they have said many times they don't care about exclusives, they seem to think that as long as third party studios are releasing games on their system, they're fine. Which isn't necessarily something I agree with. I really think they should be focusing on securing more second party developers, who can continue to push out new games, exclusively for them, like what we're seeing with Sony.

The 360 exclusive list is looking a little dry at the moment but we literally see this happen every year, with MS waiting to announce they're lineup at E3, where as Sony hype up the same titles for years.

I do think we'll see a big focus on Kinect but I don't see this as being as big a problem as it was for Nintendo. We're still going to see huge support from third parties and we know that games like Kingdoms (the Crytek exclusive action game), Forza 4, Gears of War 3, more Fable games and a Halo remake and sequel to Alan Wake are heavily rumoured. Also it easily has the best lineup of downloadable games coming.

Highwinter

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,033. Posted:

@Highwinter.. I'm glad to see the optimism, as many huge supports of the system that I know personally have abandoned it altogether. :)

I wouldn't get too hung up on Kingdoms staying exclusive, Crysis 2 is doing really well on PS3 and it wouldn't surprise me if it goes multi-console, but the 360 is doing really well on the downloadable front with securing exclusives. I want Limbo so bad it hurts!

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,034. Posted:

I got another 360 today, well I'll get it this weekend. I plan to buy the Limbo/Splosion Man and Trials HD disc tomorrow and Shadow Complex is a day one purchase, but what other Marketplace games do you guys recommend?

Edited on by Slapshot

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,035. Posted:

@Slapshot
Well, aside from the ones on the disc you mentioned there is:
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (good if you have friends to blast through it with, not so much solo)
Geometry Wars 1 and 2
Monday Night Combat (especially good if you like the Team Fortress 2 vibe)
Quake Arena Arcade
Portal: Still Alive
Torchlight
The Sam & Max games
Super Meat Boy (I still haven't beaten this one)
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Toy Soldiers

I'm sure I'm missing some but hopefully others will jump in.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,036. Posted:

@Fox... thanks man. I doubt I'll actually pay for the online, but what is Portal: Still Alive? Please tell me it part of the Portal franchise?

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,037. Posted:

Yep, it contains new levels as well as the original game. The new levels aren't story missions, but still extremely well done.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

1,038. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

I got another 360 today, well I'll get it this weekend. I plan to buy the Limbo/Splosion Man and Trials HD disc tomorrow and Shadow Complex is a day one purchase, but what other Marketplace games do you guys recommend?

I'd recommend:

Super Meat Boy
Pac-Man CE
Pac-Man CE DX
Galaga Legions
Plants vs. Zombies

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,039. Posted:

@Cheetahman
Ah, another fan of Galaga Legions! For some reason most people I've talked to didn't really care for it.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,040. Posted:

@Fox... Awesome, that is one I'll be buying quickly! :)

@Cheetahman... thanks for the recs. I've already got Plants vs Zombies and Super Meat Boy on Steam and love them. As for Pac-Man and Galaga, I don't know how long they will keep my interest as I've played the original games for so long now.

I literally wanted another 360 just to play Limbo! I adore Indy gaming and Microsoft is securing so many developers exclusively that I've got to get back on-board once again, and hope the RROD stay the heck away from me again. I'm probably going to have to snatch Fable 3 as well, but I just started FFXIII and New Vegas so it will be awhile. :)

EDIT: Holy Magicarp I'm getting This too!
EDIT #2: Oh, and Rez and Ikaruga too! :D

Edited on by Slapshot