Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 101 to 120 of 1,530

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

101. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Is there any way for Live! to pair you with players that are on a similiar experience level? For example, I'm a complete newb at GoW1 and L4D1 (2 is still wrapped and sitting on my entertainment center). It's too much pressure playing with the mega-experienced (and sometimes VERY impatient) so I'd love to be able to sit down and play with some folks that are equally rookie.

Also, in games like these, is it normally customary to use the mic/headphones to chat?

With Left 4 Dead it's a little more important to use the mic than other games. You have to be able to let others know where you want to go and where you see see hunters. I started the game late online and found plenty of people willing to help until you catch the rules and flow of the game (especially in co-op campaign).
Gears of War is a little more relaxed as far the mic goes, but you're more likely to find super skilled players there. The matchmaking will help some, though.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

DarkG

102. Posted:

New Games on Demand now available!:

FaceBreaker™: http://marketplace.xbox.com/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-91...
Bolt: http://marketplace.xbox.com/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-91...
Trivial Pursuit: http://marketplace.xbox.com/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-91...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

103. Posted:

Nothing good with the Games on Demand this time.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

104. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

This week's Deal of the Week is a very poor one, that doesn't deserve to have it's own thread at all:
Rock Band No Doubt "The Singles 1992–2003" Album: 1200 Microsoft Points - 25% off

Wow...Rip. Off.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DarkG

105. Posted:

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra now available on Zune Video (that means, on Xbox LIVE too) in both 480p SD and 1080p HD quality
http://social.zune.net/movies/GI-Joe-The-Rise-of-Cobra/d86dae...

Edited on by DarkG

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

106. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra now available on Zune Video (that means, on Xbox LIVE too) in both 480p SD and 1080p HD quality
http://social.zune.net/movies/GI-Joe-The-Rise-of-Cobra/d86dae...

Aw, it's the new one.:( Are any of the original series on Xbox Live?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

y2josh

107. Posted:

@Castle: I hate getting bombarded with requests to play a game. If I don't accept the first request I'm usually just wanting to play alone/busy. It's always so hectic at my place I have to keep going away from controller to play on a team. Usually I save team play for later on in the evening/night.

Edited on by y2josh

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

DarkG

108. Posted:

I came back a while ago from the mall with this =D:
Untitled
Untitled

I got Forza Motorsport 3 standard edition for $55 and Mario & Lugi: Bowser's Inside Story for $50 =D, all games where 20% off so I got those two (normally $70 and $65 respectively). I wanted to get Mass Effect too which was $40 with the discount, but seeing as it is just 1600 Microsoft points ($19.99) on Games on Demand, I'd rather get it there...

So now that's cleared, I hope I can convince Dad to get me Assassin's Creed 2 or the Capcom Platinum Hits Triple Pack for me for Xmas lol

Edited on by DarkG

AuthorMessage

JayArr

109. Posted:

Assassin's Creed II is the best Xbox 360 game I've played all year. It is truly a masterpiece in it's genre. The game improves on the original in everyway possible and in a big way. Must play.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

110. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

I
I wanted to get Mass Effect too which was $40 with the discount, but seeing as it is just 1600 Microsoft points ($19.99) on Games on Demand, I'd rather get it there...

Wow...normally I'd say the games on demand service is a rip-off, but I guess that depends on where you live (Mass Effect $40 WITH a discount? ).

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

111. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

Untitled
Untitled

I got Forza Motorsport 3 standard edition for $55 and Mario & Lugi: Bowser's Inside Story for $50 =D, all games where 20% off so I got those two (normally $70 and $65 respectively). I wanted to get Mass Effect too which was $40 with the discount, but seeing as it is just 1600 Microsoft points ($19.99) on Games on Demand, I'd rather get it there...

So now that's cleared, I hope I can convince Dad to get me Assassin's Creed 2 or the Capcom Platinum Hits Triple Pack for me for Xmas lol

dude Mass effect used is like $12 and BIS was forty new at the EB games at the mall i went to today.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

112. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

Untitled
Untitled

Wait, what store is this? Because Mass Effect should be $20 everywhere(I got it for $20, at least, and it wasn't a discount).

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DarkG

113. Posted:

remember I live in Colombia (as in the South American country)... tax is a lot more here than in the US, some games are usually more expensive here (new releases for Xbox 360 and Wii are at around $70 and PS3 releases are all at around $90, with DS games at around $60 and PSP games at around $80)

Edited on by DarkG

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

114. Posted:

opps i didn't know. But how are the games.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

DarkG

115. Posted:

haven't played them :P I won't have enough time to play much until next Friday when midterm exams are over and I can finally take a break lol... I just had to buy them today since the discount was 1 day only, luckily it was today and was completely unannounced lol... I just went there quite randomly and saw the discount lol

Will probably play some Mario & Luigi tonight while in bed before going to sleep lol, the temptation to play is way too high lol

AuthorMessage

DarkG

116. Posted:

OK I gave up and player Forza 3 yesterday... the game is awesome, easily the best driving sim I've ever played... if there's a game that ever had any chance to make me a fan of racing sims is Forza 3!

Mario & Luigi are simply awesome, but this isn't the thread to talk about it lol

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

117. Posted:

Say, speaking of Mass Effect who here is looking foward to part 2?

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

118. Posted:

i am favorite game

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Magi

119. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

i am favorite game

me am favorite game too

:)

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

DarkG

120. Posted:

Updated the Leaderboards, BUT couldn't add HunterPrime, MyGamerCard.net couldn't find said gamertag...

according to Xbox.com HunterPrime is not a valid gamertag

Leaderboards: http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=0jOVa5aJ

Edited on by DarkG