Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 3,310

Fuzzy

Wow. I'm probably gonna buy a few games. Already getting Super Meat Boy and Portal (for a combined total of $7.50!!!)

Probably also going to get the games that are on WiiWare that I can get on Steam for a 1/3 of the price, like Max & The Magic Marker ($10 by itself, or $5 in an indie bundle, huh?), Nyxquest, and Swords & Soldiers, and And Yet It Moves. Awesome

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Ravage

Also, don't forget that games that aren't in the daily deals can and may be discounted further in a different daily deal!
On that note, I just bought:
Winterbottom 0.49 USD
Caster 0.99 USD
Super Meat Boy 3.75 USD
Indie Mix Pack 4.99 USD

I bought the Indie Mix pack because the Eufloria demo was amazing!

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

FunderThucker

Due to owning a mac my wallet is just a tad safe from steam, but I did spend $50 today on the telltale pack, Civ 4, Super meat boy (I believe a port is coming to the mac), some indie game, and l4d. That telltale pack is the greatest thing I have ever seen since I absolutely loved Tales of Monkey Island. There's really nothing else for me to grab at the moment so I think I'm done for the holidays. I strongly recommend Amnesia and the Penumbra Collection since those are some of the best games I have ever played. I hope you find what you're looking for!

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

Aviator

I think I might buy BFBC2 and leave it at that. Maybe VVVVVV as well.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

y2josh

Picked up Garry's Mod, Indy Kid Pack, and Super Meat Boy

y2josh

HolyMackerel

Not tempted by anything so far.

HolyMackerel

Odnetnin

I would be all over that Kids pack if I didn't have Max and Toki already. Plus I already bought:

• Winterbottom (only .49 but doesn't work; be wary of it b/c it seems like many people have this problem)
  • Meat Boy (it works yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • VVVVVVVVVVVV (looks great and should work)

Good times.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

irken004

Less than 1 hour until all of our wallets get drained again xD
Untitled

Edited on by irken004

Supermegaman

Thegame wrote:

Super meat boy (I believe a port is coming to the mac)

So wait, does this mean that if I buy super meat boy now, when it gets the mac patch it will be an update of sorts? Because if thats the case I should buy it now

EDIT: And yeah, this is kinda a question, and since the deals are over in 40 minutes, a quick response would be appriciated

Edited on by Supermegaman

irken004

Supermegaman wrote:

Thegame wrote:

Super meat boy (I believe a port is coming to the mac)

So wait, does this mean that if I buy super meat boy now, when it gets the mac patch it will be an update of sorts? Because if thats the case I should buy it now

EDIT: And yeah, this is kinda a question, and since the deals are over in 40 minutes, a quick response would be appriciated

I believe it does, yes. I read that awhile back.

irken004

NEW SALES ARE UP.

Ooh, I can get Lara Croft in Guardian of Light for $3.60 since I have another Lara Croft game. Hmm...

HolyMackerel

Guardian of Light is awesome. Especially co-op. It's a bundle of laughs. It's very old-school in style, kind of like Lost Vikings where you solve puzzles together. And then fight enemies. Fun times.

Also did anyone else read the 1UP review quote for Resident Evil 5 - "a full-bore action experience" - and think it meant the game was boring?

EDIT: What game is the angel guy at the top left from? That game's unavailable in my region and I don't think I've seen it before.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

irken004

HolyMackerel wrote:

EDIT: What game is the angel guy at the top left from? That game's unavailable in my region and I don't think I've seen it before.

It's called Aion

HolyMackerel

Ah, Aion. Yet another MMORPG. Not interested lol. No purchases for me today either.

HolyMackerel

V8_Ninja

@HolyMackerel It's called Aion: Assault on Balaurea. I think it's some fantasy MMO. Not sure about anything else since I don't play MMOs.

EDIT: Ignore this post.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Ravage

I am kind of curious about Iron Grip and Defense Grid.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

irken004

Ravage wrote:

I am kind of curious about Iron Grip and Defense Grid.

I think Defense Grid has a demo. Try it out!
EDIT they both have demos.

Edited on by irken004

HolyMackerel

@Ravage Try the demo of Defense Grid and see if you like it. Basically, if you like tower defence then you will. It's a high quality TD game - basically RTS lite. No multiplayer and a simple storyline, but a good challenge.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

V8_Ninja

What's the general consensus of Polynomial: The Space of Music? It looks interesting to me, and it's on sale today.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.