Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 3,310

Aviator

Yep, esc works fine for me. I get the occasional crash, but nothing major.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

V8_Ninja

I recently had a dream about someone gifting me Super Meat Boy and then when I played the game it took over my computer. Is this a sign or am I going insane? 0_o

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

JonWahlgren

@Terra: Looks like Steam is giving me issues with gifting this to you. I've filed a support ticket and will hopefully get it straightened out ASAP. Sorry about the wait! Oh, and thank you!

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

irken004

Super Meat Boy has been running a lot smoother since the new update, but there are still plenty of glitches to fix.

Ravage

Woohoo! Swords and Soldiers HD has been released on Steam. Look pretty good I must say!

Also, an arcade-style shooter has appeared on Steam. Reading the forums, the game is rather plain and simple right now, really just an "alternative" to Geometry Wars. However, the guy behind the game is planning on adding more game-modes and multi-player in the future. Sounds like one to keep your eye on. Plus the song in the trailer was awesome.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

HolyMackerel

Loving Super Meat Boy. Just tried it for the first time. No noticeable glitches. Got a few top scores in my friends leaderboards. I need to add more of you guys so we can compare scores!

HolyMackerel

Terra

Started off my Steam campaign with Peggle Deluxe. Pretty good so far

Terra

Twitter:

edhe

A steam related question (I hope it's OK to ask)

Does anyone else have problems with the client not responding? Sometimes it takes me 5 minutes to log out of steam, and sometimes, it stops responding during download, and I can't change tabs or anything.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

HolyMackerel

@edhe Yeah, the new Steam client is still pretty unstable sometimes.

The login time for the Steam client has always been slow. The fastest way to use it is to set it to remember your password and automatically run when your computer starts. That's the fastest login you can get. The fastest logout is exiting the program. Don't switch users or you're in for a long wait.

The client hanging happens and there's not much we can do about it. Valve just needs to make the program more stable. Best to leave it alone when it stops responding. If it doesn't respond for a very long time you can force quit and re-open it - in Windows you can use the Task Manager (ctrl + alt + del) to force quit the program. The progress of your downloads will not be lost.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Ravage

Yeah, it happens. I just go to task manager and shut the program down. Also, the general rule with logging in to secure systems is that you can sacrifice security for speed. So I am guessing that is why it is still slow.

rustythekid

So officially this is what I bought off the Steam sale:

Alien Breed: Impact
Altitude
Audiosurf
Brainpipe
Dirt 2
Dogfighter
Droplitz
Flotilla
Galcon Fusion
Gratuitous Space Battles
GridRunner Revolution
Nyxquest
Osmos
Plain Sight
ProtoGalaxy
Puzzle Dimension
Puzzle Quest 2
Quantz
Shatter
Tidalis
World Of Goo

I'm hooked on Osmos right now and I won;t rest until I finish the bloody game.

Edited on by rustythekid

rustythekid

Aviator

Every 2 days, you have to complete an objective from either games on sale or on Steam itself. Each objective gets you a draw.

20 people every 2 days get the top 5 games on their wishlist.

At the end if you complete 10 objectives and log into steam on the 20th of December, 3 peeps can win 100 games of their choosing.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

V8_Ninja

Aviator wrote:

Every 2 days, you have to complete an objective from either games on sale or on Steam itself. Each objective gets you a draw.

At the end if you complete 10 objectives and log into steam on the 20th of December, 3 peeps can win 100 games of their choosing.

DDD: My wallet is going to be going through a depression.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Terra

My Wallet is already strained thanks to Christmas, I can't take much more of a hit. Gonna have to conserve some funds and sit this one out I think.

Terra

Twitter:

irken004

Aviator wrote:

That's separate from the requirements, right? Like ANY 20 people, not just those who complete objectives?

EDIT: You have to complete at least one objective, and there is an easy one: set a profile avatar

Edited on by irken004

CanisWolfred

Terra wrote:

My Wallet is already strained thanks to Christmas, I can't take much more of a hit. Gonna have to conserve some funds and sit this one out I think.

Me and you both, brother.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ravage

It's almost criminal to not get Chime and Poker Night at those prices!
Looks like Chime requires Shader Model 3... Guess I won't be getting that one...

Edited on by Ravage

rustythekid

DAMN YOU STEAM!

But no, I'm going to pass on this one too.

rustythekid

HolyMackerel

Okay, I think this new "sale" is a little unreasonable. First, to enter you must have or buy certain games. Second, you need to play them to a certain point within the 2 day time period (and on weekdays no less)? Do they think people have all the time in the world? Sure, the profile avatar one is nice but you need to complete at least 10 objectives to have the chance at 100 games - and even then there's little chance of you winning after all that effort. It's an all-or-nothing deal and since the last sale was so recent, a lot of people aren't going to be purchasing games at the whim of the Steam folks.

Just FYI for anyone who's going to try to win, the sale page says that to be entered you have to login to Steam on the 20th as well as completing 10 objectives.

HolyMackerel

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.