Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 601 to 620 of 3,310

dangermouseuk78

HolyMackerel wrote:

Aviator wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

edhe wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

I'd get SF4, except SSF4 3D is coming out on the 3DS soon.

That was on my mind, but my concern with that is that gripping the 3DS wouldn't be very comfortable - I know my DSi isn't very nice to hold classic style.

But.... 3D! StreetPass!

In all seriousness though, I find the DSi's D-pad just fine.

SF4 PC would only be worth getting if you have a compatible USB gamepad or arcade stick. I doubt it supports anything more than Xbox 360 pads either, since it's a GFWL game. Enjoy keyboard inputting your shoryukens.

I will enjoy inputting my shoryukens with my Xbox 360 Controller.

Good for you. I was talking about those of us who game with generic USB gamepads. Microsoft, in their totalitarian laziness, refuse to let us use the perfectly legitimate hardware we already own to play their GFWL games. I have no reason to support GFWL if they intend to restrict my gameplay like that.

Also, for those of you with a 360 or PS3 you're far better off getting SSF4. It's rebalanced, has more moves and has a larger roster.

I totally agree with what your saying i got the 360 pad for windows as it was such a pain to play a game with any other pad, however it my understanding that its the Microsoft developement tools XNA which makes it easier for its own products to work with games.

Not really a Games for windows live problem which GFWL has its own problems and many people dislike it, Many indie games suffer the control pad issue as they develope using XNA and its laziness on there part for lack of controller options that being the developers.

I maybe wrong with this but as i said that was my understanding of the problem.

dangermouseuk78

irken004

When I bought Arkham Asylum, I didn't know it had GFWL needed. Let's just say that GFWL is a pain...

Also, I figured out a way to use my gamepad with Arkham. It's fine for the most part, still glad I bought it. Fantastic game.

Ravage

It is a great game; I bought it (and beat it) about a month ago for $20 on the 360.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Slapshot

@HMack.... Shatter was a instant purchase, day one of its PSN release for me. I then won the soundtrack and dynamic theme from a Playstation 3 site I frequent and I actually use its soundtrack in many other games. I actually had it blaring in Gran Turismo 5 yesterday

@Mickey... glad you are enjoying it. You know I may play all kinds of crazy games, but they are all really fun games that mostly are overlooked by many

Loving Steam, off to shower and bend my mind around in Portal!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

dangermouseuk78 wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Aviator wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

edhe wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

That was on my mind, but my concern with that is that gripping the 3DS wouldn't be very comfortable - I know my DSi isn't very nice to hold classic style.

But.... 3D! StreetPass!

SF4 PC would only be worth getting if you have a compatible USB gamepad or arcade stick. I doubt it supports anything more than Xbox 360 pads either, since it's a GFWL game. Enjoy keyboard inputting your shoryukens.

Good for you. I was talking about those of us who game with generic USB gamepads. Microsoft, in their totalitarian laziness, refuse to let us use the perfectly legitimate hardware we already own to play their GFWL games. I have no reason to support GFWL if they intend to restrict my gameplay like that.

Also, for those of you with a 360 or PS3 you're far better off getting SSF4. It's rebalanced, has more moves and has a larger roster.

I totally agree with what your saying i got the 360 pad for windows as it was such a pain to play a game with any other pad, however it my understanding that its the Microsoft developement tools XNA which makes it easier for its own products to work with games.

Not really a Games for windows live problem which GFWL has its own problems and many people dislike it, Many indie games suffer the control pad issue as they develope using XNA and its laziness on there part for lack of controller options that being the developers.

Quote mania!

Every GFWL game only supports the 360 pad. I don't know if this is policy or a requirement of the GFWL code, but it's there. I know about XNA. I've coded games using XNA before and only allowing the 360 pad makes it fairly easy to use, but also severely restricts it. I think Microsoft is really pushing hard to make the 360 pad the definitive USB gamepad but that isn't going to work. Too many people already have generic USB pads and other input devices like arcade sticks.

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

@Terra I just tried gifting you Ristar again and it wouldn't go through. I then bought the Indie Puzzle Pack for myself and it worked. Then I tried gifting Ristar and it didn't work. This is really suspicious.

It could be one of two things:
1. Steam is prioritising the games on offer over normal game purchases to maximise the money everyone saves.
2. Ristar is region locked, in which case I can't send it to you. That doesn't make sense since it's the same game worldwide.

HolyMackerel

Aviator

HolyMackerel wrote:

dangermouseuk78 wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Aviator wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

edhe wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

But.... 3D! StreetPass!

Quote mania!

Every GFWL game only supports the 360 pad. I don't know if this is policy or a requirement of the GFWL code, but it's there. I know about XNA. I've coded games using XNA before and only allowing the 360 pad makes it fairly easy to use, but also severely restricts it. I think Microsoft is really pushing hard to make the 360 pad the definitive USB gamepad but that isn't going to work. Too many people already have generic USB pads and other input devices like arcade sticks.

Yes, but for some game, you can download stuff in order for other controllers to work.

Irks did that to allow Arkham Asylum to work.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Ravage

How about the next person to quote that thing do a little bit of trimming, eh?

Aviator

Untitled
This good enough?

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Aviator

Oh by the way folks, I'll be away from my comp during the silly season, which means no holiday splurging. boooooo

BUT I'd still happily accept gifts nd such.

EDIT: Also, I just downloaded SF4, and I can probs play anytime after the 3rd, cause other than that I have game sessions planned.
30th - Left 4 Dead 2
1st - SUPER MEAT BOY omgyippee
2nd - SUPER MEAT BOY blister phase
3rd - SUPER MEAT BOY eye gaugeing out phase and therefore lack of thumbs to play
So I'll be playing SF4 with my tongue.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

rustythekid

I really really really want to play Super Meat Boy but without a pad it's impossible. Guess I'll have to wait, and i really laughed at the blister phase haha.

rustythekid

rustythekid

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Terra I just tried gifting you Ristar again and it wouldn't go through. I then bought the Indie Puzzle Pack for myself and it worked. Then I tried gifting Ristar and it didn't work. This is really suspicious.

It could be one of two things:
1. Steam is prioritising the games on offer over normal game purchases to maximise the money everyone saves.
2. Ristar is region locked, in which case I can't send it to you. That doesn't make sense since it's the same game worldwide.

I had the same problem while trying to send a game to Terra, I contacted support and they said they changed a setting on my account and that everything should work fine, in case you're still having the same problem try to contact them so they can help you with that.

rustythekid

irken004

rustythekid wrote:

I really really really want to play Super Meat Boy but without a pad it's impossible. Guess I'll have to wait, and i really laughed at the blister phase haha.

The Steam store says it does support Microsoft 360 controllers (under the list of system requirements), so it might be able to support others as well.

EDIT: 8 minutes until new sales

Edited on by irken004

Ravage

I will warn against KOTOR because it runs extremely crappy on my computer at least. I know mine isn't the only one; I don't think it likes new hardware. I get massive screen tearing, but with V-sync enabled, sometimes the cutscenes and stuff will crash your game for some reason. Plus, what I did play of it, I found kind of boring.

irken004

Ravage wrote:

I will warn against KOTOR because it runs extremely crappy on my computer at least. I know mine isn't the only one; I don't think it likes new hardware. I get massive screen tearing, but with V-sync enabled, sometimes the cutscenes and stuff will crash your game for some reason. Plus, what I did play of it, I found kind of boring.

Yeah those technical issues worried me because Lucasarts titles won't run well on Win 7 :/

Aliens VS Predator seems good too but I have the "classic" version.

y2josh

It is tempting.

I'll take Ravage's word for it.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Ravage

$2.50 may be worth the risk though. I paid twice that last Christmas. But if you don't care about not getting your coffee tomorrow morning, go for it!

y2josh

Well, I didn't think I would like it anyways. I like Star Wars and have heard good things, but I don't like western RPGs. So, I probably won't ever try it if I won't bite for 2.50 lol.

y2josh

Aviator

rustythekid wrote:

I dont think it will be too hard for Keyboard.

I reckon they will have movement mapped to the arrow keys, with X for run and Z for jump, and any one of those surrounding buttons can be used to jump large gaps.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed with the last few days of the sale. The first 2 saw me buy lots of games, and that dwindled down, but I guess it's just a matter of personal opinion.

Also, on gameplay for AvP(vH) the alien and predator campaigns are nothing special, but the Human campaign almost feels like Deep Space, and multiplayer is good.

Finally its good to see alot of you jump on Monkey Island. It's a great game, nd hopefully you'll all buy the first.

bythewaysecretofmonkeyislandtwoistheonlygamethatihaveoutofthosewinkwinknudgenudgeohandialsohaveworldofgooandtrinecoughcough

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.